main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga "My Master" by Anakin Skywalker. Essays. HUMOR Updated 071310 Obi Sings Soprano (once)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Valairy Scot, Jun 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mujapple-juicey

mujapple-juicey Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2008
    LOL!
    I can't tell you:
    1. How many times I fell of top bunk
    2. The band- aid
    3. How often Arnold lectured me on keeping the peace
    LOLOLOLOL!
    LOLOLOLOL!

2. Alley_Skywalker

Alley_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 27, 2005
    Lol, Ani is so cute. Such a nine-year-old in this. Bet no other padawan had such an ?exciting? essay ;) :p

Love the mix of hero-worship, confusion, and complaining.

(but he talks a LOT as my master: No, Anakin. Later, Anakin. Clean up your room, Anakin. URGH!)

[face_laugh]

As for Siri liking Obi-Wan ?stiff?... o_O [face_mischief] [face_not_talking] [face_whistling]

3. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Sorry it took so long to update ? I hadn?t realized how long it's been, but I?ve been concentrating on an epic Siriwan for months now.

JediKaren: I am moving forward.

JediMasterAmanda Glad you liked it.

Ratna From light-hearted sweetness to sweet naughtiness

Featherpaw: Ah, an interesting thought. The last exchange on this is between blue ghosties.

Teresa The additions for Siri are what makes this quite fun.

Earlybird-Obi-Wan: Obi?s going to have trouble being honest in THIS one.

SilSolo Thank you.

Lolly_Tolly You?re right. His friends would make him out pretty bad, except that this isn?t long after Naboo.

LilyHobbitJedi
    : Yep, love the comments. That might spark a new plot bunny.

Alderaanprincess: More is here.

NabooQueen2008: Please don?t fall down again.

92SE-R: Glad you enjoyed it.

Mujapple_juicey: Hope you like this, too.

Alley_Skywalker: Love the mix of hero-worship, confusion, and complaining.

(Obi-Wan?s AU response)

Oh, My Padawan

My dear Padawan,

What can I say about your essay? Yes, I read it and I?ll treasure it forever. I thought if I wrote out my words, maybe you?ll treasure them just as much, years from now as we both share a big laugh.

Your essay was ? unique ? to say the least. I must say I?ve never been described quite like that (and Siri ? well, Padawan, if you read this a few years from now, Siri likes to joke around. By the time you get ?it? you?ll have had ?the talk? and know we don?t do that ? it?s forbidden. Ah, for padawans, that is. Don?t you do it, either.) It?s nice to know my eyes crinkle when I laugh, though right now I must say the way I?m blinking the tears away that something must have gotten into my eyes. That happens a lot when I think about you ? and yes, that?s a good thing, a very good thing.

You see your master wasn?t hearing the Force too well for a while either when we first met. I wish I were perfect, but I?m human. I make mistakes. Sometimes when I make them, other people are hurt. I know I said something that hurt you and I?ve apologized for that before, but I?ll apologize again. I am sorry. It was not very nice of me what I said, but now you know your master is just as human as you are. I hope you?ll continue to forgive me if I ever hurt you again, because forgiveness always helps make the hurt go away.

If I ever do hurt you, it will be by accident. I hope you?ll tell me if I do so I can make it right. If I was really bad, well, I will make you a deal - I?ll let you tickle my feet.

There?s an incentive for me to behave, because I really don?t like to have my feet tickled. Did you discover that yourself ? or did Siri tell you? (Note to self: ask Siri what she is telling my padawan about me. Sometimes the truth is worse than a lie ? what if he asks where else I?m ticklish? ?Nuff said. Especially if said padawan inquires and find out my secret was discovered on a padawan trip ? a chaperoned trip, too. Not to mention the warm fuzzy socks in bed when SHE had the cold feet ? ah, never mind.)

A padawan is a wonderful thing to have. I really liked being a padawan to Master Qui-Gon and I really like having you as my own padawan. I hope with the fullness of time we will be just as close. Maybe if I let you take responsibility for cleaning your own room ? do you think that will help bring us closer?

So you like to be teased, do you? (Note to self: remind Siri she is NEVER to tell Anakin about that shower escapade ? it was cold water and being stared at because you-know-who did you-know-what and I still find it terribly embarrassing even if Master Yoda says ? you know ? cough, size, cough.) That?s kind of special to hear. That makes me think you like me almost as much as I like you. I know you will be a great Jedi, but I already know that you are a great person.

You do have one flaw we will have to work on ? you are too quick to trust

4. JediMasterAmanda

JediMasterAmanda Jedi Master star 5

Sep 7, 2005
    [face_laugh] even though I am not one for siriwan that was funny the banter at the end

5. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    That was great, Valairy, and very much in keeping with a 10-year-old's personality. Kids are so honest! If only adults could still see the world like kids do, I think it would be a much nicer place. Thanks for sharing this. It was a great way to brighten a rainy Monday morning. :D

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    There?s an incentive for me to behave, because I really don?t like to have my feet tickled. Did you discover that yourself ? or did Siri tell you? (Note to self: ask Siri what she is telling my padawan about me. Sometimes the truth is worse than a lie ? what if he asks where else I?m ticklish? ?Nuff said. Especially if said padawan inquires and find out my secret was discovered on a padawan trip ? a chaperoned trip, too. Not to mention the warm fuzzy socks in bed when SHE had the cold feet ? ah, never mind.)

[face_laugh] =D=

7. GeneralKenobi7

GeneralKenobi7 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 18, 2009
    So you like to be teased, do you? (Note to self: remind Siri she is NEVER to tell Anakin about that shower escapade ? it was cold water and being stared at because you-know-who did you-know-what and I still find it terribly embarrassing even if Master Yoda says ? you know ? cough, size, cough.)
    That was great![face_laugh] [face_laugh]
    I loved this whole idea of writing an essay about your Master/Padawan. It's something...new.

8. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Loved that last part with Siri's messages and Obi's humor replies.

9. Darth_Torture

Darth_Torture Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2009
    That is so funny!

10. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Coulda sworn I posted a reply.

LOL
    LOL
    LOL
    Rotfl (Rolling on the floor laughing)

11. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    Loved this!!! Of course, I particularly loved Siri and Obi! This really brighted up my day!

12. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    JediMasterAmanda: This is really Obi-Wan and Anakin, others are just minor characters.

P_Stotts: I?m glad you enjoyed it.

VaderLVR64: I got the ticklish feet from my mother and brother. I think it worked.

GeneralKenobi7: I remembered that Seinfeld episode. Obviously, huh?

Earlybird-Obi-Wan: It?s all so sweet and innocent. Now.

Darth_Torture: If you laughed, I have succeeded.

Lady_Misty: I am glad you so enjoyed it.

Jedidas3: You do [face_love] Obi & Siri, don?t you?

I have a few more essays up my sleeve - as Anakin hits adolescence, they'll get very teenage-angsty. [face_devil]

13. GeneralKenobi7

Jan 18, 2009
    Could you add me to your PM list then, please?[face_praying]

14. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    But of course...I should be updating fairly soon. On the other hand, since my stories seem to be sinking into oblivion lately, maybe "not so soon." Ah, well.

Eventually....

15. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Ah, I'll get around to PM's a bit later...promise.

My Padawan,

Your Language Arts instructor thought it might be inspiring for us masters to write a note to his or her padawan. Years from now, when (if [face_praying] ) you are knighted, I guess we are supposed to give these essays to you so you may have the pleasure of remembering your first months (though I wonder which of us got the most pleasure out of it ? we shall debate this ad infinitum when ? if ? you are ever knighted).

What do I remember as my basic emotion these first few months (and please[face_talk_hand] do not cite: There is no emotion at me. That rule is suspended for class essays.)

Fear. (And please do not cite: There is no fear at me, either. You may have a higher midichlorian count, but I?ve years more experience than you.:p )

Fear that I will let you and Qui-Gon both down. Fear that I will let the Force down. Fear, that someday I will have to let you take the controls of a speeder or ship and fear that I will have to sit beside you. Holding on. For dear life (there is no death, there is only the Force ? that only goes so far. Does not keep my last meal where it belongs ? inside me). [face_sick]

Perhaps most of all, fear that someday you won?t laugh at these words, but mutter under your breath and ship me off to the old Jedi home. And never visit. :_| (Imagine, Master Yoda at 900 with that gimer stick. Chasing doddering old Jedi who don?t have dutiful padawans there to protect them.)

You have done something wonderful for me. [:D] Allowed me to smile again, laugh again, find joy in life again. It was tough, returning to the quarters where I had spent so much of my life with Qui-Gon. It would have been much harder had I not had you.

In teaching you I have learned much. What, you ask?

Why, words that had they come out of my mouth, would have had soapsuds following. Let?s cut back on the Huttese, please.

How to find the first aid kit while panicking. Remember, when I tell you to duck, you should duck. Even on low power, a lightsaber is not a toy. Screaming ouch and pushing it against my thigh is a not an acceptable response. You know how hard it was not to brush up on my Huttese, especially dancing on one leg and trying to find the first aid kit?

How not to help my padawan in a prank, because Masters Yoda and Windu always know, and to be summoned for time-out with my padawan while simultaneously being known as the ?Sith killer? confuses the entire Temple.

I could go on, and might, but I shall close this essay now before I get too carried away.

Your proud master,

Obi-Wan Kenobi

16. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

That's Obi-Wan making that funny reply. Great start for my day=D==D=

17. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Ah, I can always count on you to see my stories even when I haven't yet sent out PMs. I really appreciate your loyalty, my friend!

18. GeneralKenobi7

Jan 18, 2009
    [face_laugh] Great essay! I liked the use of teh smilies in it (especially [face_sick] that fit so well:p ).
    I'm very much looking forward to Anakin's answer to this;)

19. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    That was HILARIOUS!!! If only poor Obi-Wan had gotten a chance to speak his mind! :p

Fear that I will let you and Qui-Gon both down. Fear that I will let the Force down. Fear, that someday I will have to let you take the controls of a speeder or ship and fear that I will have to sit beside you. Holding on. For dear life (there is no death, there is only the Force ? that only goes so far. Does not keep my last meal where it belongs ? inside me).

Don't worry, Obi. That will NEVER happen. [face_whistling]

20. JediMasterAmanda

JediMasterAmanda Jedi Master star 5

Sep 7, 2005
    [face_laugh] That was great!

21. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    That was so cute and adorable [face_love] Anakin's innocience [face_love]

22. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    Loved it! I could just hug Obi-Wan...or course you already knew that!

23. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    It's nice to see that Obi-Wan's humor is still intact. I especially liked the line about keeping his lunch where it belongs. [face_laugh] I wonder what Anakin will think about this when he reads it? How about a reply from the padawan? :D Thanks for the PM. Sorry it took so long for me to get to this. Keep up the great work, Val!

24. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    GeneralKenobi7 The smilies worked well, didn?t they?

VaderLVR64: Oh, Obi got to mutter a lot.

JediMasterAmanda I'm glad you enjoyed it.

JediFalcon Anakin was cute before Palp's claws got in too deep

Jedidas3: [face_talk_hand] Listen, after you got your Obi birthday present story, it?s time to allow others to hug and ? ah, oogle =P~ ? Obi.

P_stotts: I especially liked the line about keeping his lunch where it belongs. I liked the suspension of the code in essays, myself. :D

25. Bkcbookworm

Bkcbookworm Jedi Youngling

Dec 5, 2007
    Haha, I abosultely loved this! The first Anakin one was the best, though I really enjoyed the first and last Obi-Wan ones as well. Could you do another one from Anakin's perspective? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.