main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends My Master, My Padawan - (Obi-Wan, Bant (viggie)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by padmay_skywalker, Aug 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padmay_skywalker

padmay_skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2005
    Title: My Master, My Padawan
    Author: padmay_skywalker
    Summery: Obi-Wan?s thought?s after Qui-Gon?s death.
    Timeframe: 1 week after the death.
    Notes: This is my first viggie, so I don?t know how good it will be? And I?d like to thank my master, JOINME for beta-ing this.

Sitting on a bench in one of the Temple gardens,
    Obi-Wan's body shook uncontrollably. Tears streamed down from his swollen red eyes.
    He tried muffling his sobs in his hands but it didn?t help. He wasn't aware that people were staring at him as they passed and he didn?t care if they gawked and whispered. All he knew and cared about was that he had just lost his teacher, his mentor, his friend.

Obi-wan suddenly felt a gentle hand rest on his shoulder and knew it was Bant, his long-time friend.

?Obi-wan, why don?t you come to the hospital ward and eat something. You are extremely thin and deathly pale. Starving yourself won?t bring Qui-Gon back.?

Obi-Wan turned towards his friend, his blank face looking up into her concerned one,
    ?I know! But I feel as if...if I could have just blocked the kick, Qui-Gon would still be here!?
    Obi-Wan looked down at his shoes.

?It was the will-?
    ? ?The will of the Force?! Yeah, yeah, I know. I?m sick and tired of people telling me that!
    ?It?s how the Force wanted it.? It?s not how I wanted it!? Obi-Wan now yelling.

?Nobody wanted it to happen, but it did. Like Master Yoda says ?Mourn them for not being here, I do not. Miss their wisdom and strength, I will.? He is one with the Force. Be thankful you got to train with him,? Bant said in a kind voice.

Obi-Wan swallowed hard and stood up, his cloak billowing in the wind. For a moment he was silent, as if considering what she said. Then finally, he spoke.

?Thank you Bant. You have helped me, and by helping me... you have helped my Padawan.?

//I will teach him, Master. I promise you that.\\

With that last thought he left, leaving Bant there to watch him leave.

?You?ll make a great Master, my friend,? Bant murmured. She got up quietly and left, leaving the garden looking as if no one had been there, except the little braid on the bench. Obi-Wan had been holding it the whole time. Now it was time to let it go. He had his own Padawan. And a new life.

Respond?

And yes I realize that this is supposed to go in the Saga but I totally screwed up and put it here.:oops: So I'm sorry for the confusion

2. PadawanEstel

PadawanEstel Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2004
    :_| Awww, that was sad!
    I especially like the last part: He had his own Padawan. And a new life.

*cheers up* first post! [face_dancing]

3. padmay_skywalker

May 27, 2005
    PadawanEstel: Thanx for the comment! I know it's sad but how do you think Obi feels? ;)

4. Shadowknight1

Shadowknight1 Jedi Master star 6

Jun 8, 2003
    Wow, good stuff. Glad that you showed that Obi-Wan was having trouble letting go of Qui-Gon. I always thought that he would've suffered a little more over it than they showed.

5. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005

I know I've said it before, but this is a wonderful viggie!

=D= =D=

especially for a first one. =D=

Obi-Wan would of course be having a hard time immediately after
    Qui-Gons death, especially with having the new responsibility ofn Anakin..

I love how you incorporated Bant's reasoning with Obi-Wan, and how it made him realise that he now had a new phase of his life to go through, and that revolves around Anakin..

absolutely adored the symbolism with the Padawan braid being left on the bench. He is leaving that phase of his life behind, to start a new one with Anakin.

[:D] beautiful!

now I'm looking forward to more from you...[face_praying] [face_dancing]

6. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
    Hey not bad for a first time. =D= :D

7. Padawan_Anne

Padawan_Anne Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2005
    Nicely done =D=

I liked it a lot :D

Keep writing, and I'll keep reading. :cool:

8. padmay_skywalker

May 27, 2005
    JOINME: *bows deeply* Thank you my master. I'm kinda sorta starting a story right now actually.

Shadowknight1:Ya. I always figured that they would have gone deeper into Obi's feelings. Guess not.But that's what we're here for!:D

LilQui-Gon: Thank you!

Padawan_Anne: Thank you twin! like I said I'm gonna start a story soon, so you had better read it...lol And where is your writing? hmmmm?

All readers: These coments are really apprecated and supriseing! I didnt expect this!

[face_chicken]

9. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Nice work! :)

10. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Oh, so sad! :( Poor Obi-Wan, I always feel so bad for him when I watch the end of TPM. :_| Nice job showing what he must have been going through. [face_love]
    Very nice viggie! I look forward to more from you. :D

11. padmay_skywalker

May 27, 2005
  12. Padawan_Anne

Padawan_Anne Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2005
    O:) I'm working on it. Got a few chapters I'm working on at the moment. Trying to get as much done as I can before I post.

13. padmay_skywalker

May 27, 2005
    Good. PM me when you post it.

[face_chicken]

14. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    A first viggie?? Very nice I must say. Of course Qui-Gon's death is heartbreaking and you showed that very well. :) :)

15. stormqueen874

stormqueen874 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2005
    Poor Obi! :_|

Great job with this. I loved the interaction between him and Bant, and how he comes to the realization that he's got someone new to take care of.

Stormqueen

16. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Hi padmay TEN out of TEN for your first viggi

Lucky he still had Bant, to rely on.

//I will teach him, Master. I promise you that.\\

he always keeps his promises.=D=

17. padmay_skywalker

May 27, 2005
    Healer Leona: Thank you! The comments are greatly apprecated!

Stormqueen: I kno! I love obi but the best stories are with him being depressed/sad. lol

Gkilkenny: Glad you took time to read my viggie! A 10/10? That's awesome! I also keep promises! Great story BTW.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.