main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends My Master Won't Get Up! (Qui/Obi) - Qui-Gon in Bed challenge- AuthorResponds 10/8/07!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by brodiew, Sep 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Title: My Master Won't Get Up!
    Author: brodiew
    Characters: Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan
    Genre: humor
    Timeframe: five years pre TPM
    Qui-Gon in Bed challenge

?Close that window, Padawan!? barked Qui-Gon Jinn, lying in bed, a fluffy pillow lying across his face.

?Rise and shine, Master,? Obi-Wan replied, opening a second window in the room. ?We are expected at the negotiating table in 30 minutes.?

?You are a seasoned padawan, Obi-Wan,? came Qui-Gon?s muffled voice from under the pillow. ?You will represent us. If I get up now, I?ll only embarrass myself and sabotage the summit.?

?You know that is impossible, Master,? Obi-Wan said, blending mild rebuke into his tone. ?The only reason these meetings are taking place is because you agreed to be their mediator.?

?Then you will have to stall for me, Padawan,? the Jedi Master said. ?I?ll have to get out of bed, take shower, review yesterday?s transcripts, and meditate.?

Obi-Wan approached Qui-Gon?s bed and gently lifted the pillow from Qui-Gon?s face. ?Have you forgotten who the adult is in this relationship, Master? Where is your example of a stalwart work ethic??

Qui-Gon sat straight up in bed, letting the covers fall and pool at his waist. His gaze was locked on Obi-Wan in a disbelieving glare.

?Listen closely, Young One,? Qui-Gon said matter of fact, but not letting his frustration spill into his voice. ?You don?t know the whole story. While you were gathering valuable information at the dinner given for minor functionaries, I was ?honored? at a ritual of vigorous mental, physical, and gluttonous programs.?

Obi-Wan flashed a wry grin at his Master. ?So, that is why you stumbled into our cabin and fell onto your bed last night.?

?Do not presume to think me intoxicated, Obi-Wan,? Qui-Gon chided, and grabbed the pillow from Obi-Wan?s hands, wrapping it around his head and falling back into bed.

?You, Master?? Obi-Wan chuckled. ?Never. But something sure kicked your hind end.?

?And my ribs, my gut, and my back,? said the Master, raising an arm and placing his forearm over his eyes. ?My head feels like it was kicked by a domesticated beast of burden.?

?If it wasn?t the food and drink, what was it, Master??

Qui-Gon?s head shook underneath his forearm. ?An obstacle course.?

?Now, Master, I have a hard time believing you were put into this sad position by an obstacle course.?

?You certainly are impertinent, this morning, my young padawan,? Qui-Gon said, turning on his side and propping his head up with his hand. ?You have no idea.?

?Come on, Master,? the padawan urged. ?You must get up. We will be late.?

?It?s not the first time, Obi-Wan. Calm yourself.?

?Yes, Master,? Obi-Wan answered stiffly, but with no disrespect. He took a deep, relaxing breath.

?Minister Sipswiski had contacted Masters Yoda and Windu for details in creating a training course, that even a Jedi Master would find challenging. I?d like to see one of them attempt the course they helped create. Are you beginning to understand, Padawan??

?Go on, Master,? Obi-Wan said, struggling to suppress a laugh.

?This isn?t funny, Obi-Wan,? Qui-Gon said, swinging his legs around to the floor and sitting up with a wince, his long, sandy blonde hair falling into his face. With a flash of two hands, he swept the hair behind his ears.

?It?s a little funny, Master,? his padawan replied mischievously.

?Laugh now,? Qui-Gon said dryly. ?Your turn will come.?

?Shall I start the shower, while you continue to wake up? Perhaps, lay out your meditation mat? I know, get you a hover chair for the proceedings??

?The only reason I?m letting you get away with this irreverence is because it would, literally, hurt me more than it would hurt you to take you over my knee.?

Obi-Wan stretched out his arms to his master. ?We really must get ready Master.?

Qui-Gon took his hands and was assisted to his feet. ?Very well, Padawan. I will do it, if only to save your face.? He looked into the full length mirror next to the bed and groaned. ?Mine is too far gone.

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    loved it and such a nice interaction between two friends.

=D=[face_laugh]

3. JediKaren

JediKaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2007
    LOL

*dies from laughter and cames back as a ghost of the Force to laugh some more*

please please please tell me this isn't a one shot and you'll keep this up..please!!!!

4. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    ?The only reason I?m letting you get away with this irreverence is because it would, literally, hurt me more than it would hurt you to take you over my knee.?

Obi-Wan stretched out his arms to his master. ?We really must get ready Master.?

Qui-Gon took his hands and was assisted to his feet. ?Very well, Padawan. I will do it, if only to save your face.? He looked into the full length mirror next to the bed and groaned. ?Mine is too far gone.?

The whole story is wonderful - but the ending~ [face_love]

5. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    "mine's too far gone."

Brodie this was so cute! :)

Somehow I just see this conversation taking place! ;)

6. aliceandjasper

aliceandjasper Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2007

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

That was so funny. I can picture it... hilarious

7. Yuul_Shamar

Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2004
    LOL nice!

8. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

Poor Qui-Gon. He really is showing his age here, isn't he? :p

Great response to the challenge

=D= =D= =D= =D=

9. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] What a wonderful way to start a Monday morning! Incredible job with this. =D= I could picture this entire conversation in my mind--I love it when that happens! Thanks for sharing your tremendous talent with us![face_peace]

10. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    earlybird-obi-wan: Thank you, earlybird. I appreciate you reading. I?m glad you enjoyed it.

JediKaren: wow! I?m glad you liked it so much, Karen. However, this was a one shot. I hope to see at some other fics. Perhaps, I?ll try another Qui-Obi challenge.

Valairy_Scot: Thank you for reading, Valairy. I?m pleased that you you enjoyed this fic.

Noelie: Thank you, Noelie. I?m glad you stopped in. The fact you could visualize this is high praise.

aliceandjasper: Thanks for reading, aliceandjasper. I?m glad you got such a kick out it.

Yuul_Shamar: Thanks, Yuul_Shamar.

KELIA: Thank you, Kelia. I appreciate the support. Qui-Gon isn?t that old, but he sure is sore.

jedidas3: It?s a pleasure to see you here, jedidas3. Thank you for the praise. I?m glad you enjoyed this little ditty.

11. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Qui-Gon took his hands and was assisted to his feet. ?Very well, Padawan. I will do it, if only to save your face.? He looked into the full length mirror next to the bed and groaned. ?Mine is too far gone.?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Loved it! Loved it! Loved it!

All I am going to say is that you need to try all the Qui Gon/Obi-wan challenges. You write them so well.

12. Nienna_Narmolanya

Nienna_Narmolanya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] I loved this! The interaction between the two was so fun to watch. :)

Wonderful! =D= And you've helped me procrastinate doing my homework for just a few more minutes, so bonus points. :p

13. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    [face_laugh]
    I think we can all identify with Qui-Gon's problem here...
    Great story!

14. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Lola64: Much appreciated, Dawn! I?ll have to give those other challenges a try. I?m please that you loved it so much!

Nienna_Narmolanya: Wow, I?m honored, Nienna, to have the power to pull from your studies. I?m glad you had fun!

SithGirl132: Thank you for reading, SithGirl. Indeed, there are times we can all identify with our extremely sore Jedi Master.

15. AnakinsFavorite

AnakinsFavorite Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 10, 2006
    Oh, dear... poor Qui-Gon :p I can only sympathyze with him- I didn't want to get out of bed today either!

Hm... I wonder if Obi-Wan ever got the same treatment from Anakin... you know how those revolving doors seem to work ;) It wouldn't be too hard to imagine, and he'd then understand how Qui-Gon felt :p Obi-Wan is lucky he wasn't grouched at- I know I do when I get woken up at an early time [face_laugh]

Very cute!

AF

16. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Poor Qui-Gon indeed. And he has such a young, eager Padawan to drag him out of bed, too. All beat up and sore in the morning -- after moving, I can sympathize.:rolleyes: Qui-Gon suffers so well. :)

EDIT: Oh and this story has such a funny and eye-catching title, too. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.