main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

My mind is made up

Discussion in 'Archive: Greenville, NC' started by Lt_Commander_Data, Sep 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lt_Commander_Data

Lt_Commander_Data Jedi Youngling

Sep 1, 2003
    To all the Emerald City club members. I have decided,I know this seems mean and is wrong but Robby(Boba_Fett_of_Nine) and I must leave the state and go to my aunt's in Tennessee since we don't have anywhere in western nc or near Raleigh to go until it's over. This storm is too dangerous. Therefore, tonight we should pack even though I have not discussed this with him yet since he is at a wrestling event here we must leave. It would be in the best of our interests. We may not be able to speak to you guys online for awhile. God bless us all and may no one be hurt or killed. You guys have been great and we hope to speak to you again. Right now I'm am so worried and scared and crying about this thing leaving is the only thing I wish to do. Greenville is too close for comfort for me. I want Robby to go and his parents if possible with us. Please all of you guys in it's path, please be as careful as possible in this weather, don't get yourselves hurt and take precautions and make plans asap please. God bless you all!!!!
    April

2. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Be careful where ever you go. The roads are probably going to be pretty busy with like-minded folks. If you don't want to go all the way to Tennessee, you might look for a cheap motel outside of Raleigh. It will take a pretty drastic westward turn for Raleigh to get much out of this storm other than some possible rain and gusts. Looking at the project paths, it would almost seem a safe bet now to actually go to South Carolina. Even the margins of error for the storm path barely get to SC.

3. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    I really dont think you have anything to worry about with this hurricane. Its latest projection is to make landfall in Beaufort, and head straight up to Roanoke Rapids (which is where I live, oh joy)... but its already been downgraded to a category 3, and the west side of this puppy has already been mostly sheared off from wind currents. Not to mention, once it hits shore, it will decrease in power pretty fast, more than likely. I dont think anyone shy of the coast will get much of anything. I seriously doubt it will be anything like Fran from a few years back, so I dont think there is anything to worry about at all. The only thing you need to remember is to use your head. If flooding occurs, DONT try crossing roads where you cannot see the actual street... things such as that.

Take care!

4. Lt_Commander_Data

Lt_Commander_Data Jedi Youngling

Sep 1, 2003
    Actually I just got too freaked out and well we've decided we're not going to leave afterall since it has a died down a gret bit(105 mph) and will die down to 70 mph when it comes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.