main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC My move versus your excuses

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Stalker, Jun 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Stalker

Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2002
    Okay, the time is near... probably the weekend of August 1st for me to move into a new place prior to Zar's arrival. So I need a couple of volunteers and about ten people with excuses for why they can't help. Please try to keep your excuses as original as possible, don't just cut and paste someone elses excuse, i.e. you can't all have bad backs.

There really isn't much that I will need help with as far as heavy stuff, just bed and dresser, the futon and comter desks are to bulky for one person to move but certainly not heavy. Mainly I will need help carefully moving my collection.

2. Vaders_Kid

Vaders_Kid Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    Roger,
    If I'm free I'd be happy to help out with the move. Where do you live and where are you going?

Oh, and my excuse as to why I can't help will come closer to the actual move date. [face_dancing]

3. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Bruce, I live in Woodbridge and will probably just be moving across town. Should be short, sweet and simple.

4. Vaders_Kid

Vaders_Kid Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    Not a problem. Woodbridge isn't that far at all from where I live in Alexandria. Just keep me informed of plans as the date gets closer!

5. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    The Official GS mover is at your disposal with a cargo vessel. ;)

6. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Heh heh, I'll be in Pittsburgh that weekend. I mean, the first of August is Kennywood day; I have to hurt my back on roller coasters, not by moving heavy furniture. Sorry, Roger. :D ;)

7. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    August 1st... August 1st.... Barring any sort of disaster/etc, Ken and I should be able to help.

Unless I have to work on my DragonCon costumes....

8. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Wow! That's awesome guys! Thank you all so much, especially Jeff as the cargo vessel alone will save me having to rent a truck which seemed almost a waste given that I have such little furniture. So all the ummm [insert polically correct synonym for beer] you guys want and a couple extra for Jeff :D

If there are 5 of us we should be able to knock it out in about three hours... almost makes me glad I left everything behind in my divorce :)

9. Isildur_42

Isildur_42 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 7, 2002
    Um...I have to...er...arrange my potf2 collection...

actually, I lie, I can help.

10. Zaranne

Zaranne Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2003
    Okay, here's my excuse, and it's a darn good one!

I live on the other side of the country!!!

:D

11. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    That excuse will only work ONE time ;)

12. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    My excuse it better than that :)

13. Mayhem

Mayhem Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Dang..so much for the excuse I was gonna give....I'm closer then those two...but not close enuff. :)

14. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    It's okay. The five people that already volunteered will be sufficient and since no one has used bad back or dislocated shoulder yet then those two are still available.

15. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    August 1st is the second day of the Baltimore Super Megafest with Adam West, and Julie Newmar

i'm going on the 31st, so I'll be there Rog. And Spooky Kid from the Ward might be coming up that weekend too

16. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Tim, I appreciate it. But I still don't know which day I'll be moving, it might actually be July 31st if thats the Saturday. I was originally thinking it'd be a weekend long sort of thing but that was before several others volunteered to help.

17. Isildur_42

Isildur_42 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 7, 2002
    oh man, I just disloactated my shoulder while trying to tell you I have a bad back.... ;)

18. PadawanRoo

PadawanRoo Jedi Master star 1

Aug 7, 2003
    erm... I'll be at JMU that weekend... getting treated for my bad back.

No seriously, religious retreat and all that rot. Best of luck with the move.

~Roo

19. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    go JMU!!!! The best school evah!

I can't help you move because I'm a weakling. :p

20. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Yes Roger, July 31st is indeed a Saturday, which would be the day I'd prefer to help out.

21. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Okay, so to clarify then July 31st... providing that whatever place I get will let me move in that day. This is actually kinda scary not having a place to move yet and needing to meet so many requirements.

22. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Everything will work out Roger, no need to worry. Have you started looking yet? I assume Zar is bringing her dogs along as well? If so, then I can understand what challenges you'll face in locating a place to move to.

I of course won't be helping out since I didn't have my son around for my own move recently. Jeff's going alone for this one.

23. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Thats perfectly fine Wendy. I really don't have that much stuff anyway so as long as those who have volunteered don't back out on me we can finish it off quickly. It'll be a half a days work and then probably a couple of hours of sitting aroung BSing and eating pizza and drinking... coke. [face_plain] (sarcasm intended) :p

24. Zaranne

Zaranne Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2003
    You should have said "soda"... [face_shame_on_you]

25. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Most of you will be happy top know that my move started early and Ken helped me get the stuff loaded up. When we got to the new place, Tim joined in for the unloading. Of course all did not go well... I got side swiped but someone in a big huge SUV and the caved in the side of my car. I'm okay and she wasn't hurt... which took lots of self control on my part mind you.

Anyway, I'm finishing up the small stuff now while paying rent on both places so you won't hear anymore from me for a while.

Jeff, I'm sorry I missed your going away but things have been very hectic to say the least. Whenever you get time on one of your vacations I'll throw you a smaller going away too. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.