I've been wanting this costume for a while (as in I started researching it back in 2007), but finally bit the bullet to start it. [image=http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3262/5784761048_bb81703bd3_o.jpg] The Naboo N-1 Bravo Pilot. There's currently a whole 2 people in the Rebel Legion who have this and, as usual, I'm making damn sure that mine's the best. I bought the Don Post helmet, which fortunately fits my head. I upgraded the goggles to actual RAF-style ones, and sent the helmet off to a friend for a new paint job. After that, I'm just going to cannibalize a pair of cheap earguards from Home Depot and put the padding in the helmet. [image=http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/254411_10100326974507294_3304589_54942062_3210002_n.jpg] My next big challenge was the shinguards, an en devour that I've been working on since late last May. With some help from Jay Laga'aia, Star Wars in Concert, and one of the Rebel Legion guys from Oregon, these beauties arrived in the mail Thursday morning. [image=http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/428012_10100698903628354_3304589_58088734_1989580094_n.jpg] The harness was the next challenge. Finding reference photos that were clear and helpful was impossible. With a little more actor help from Philip Delancy, I got these photo: [image=http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7150/6670348459_0e7276e4ee_o.jpg] [image=http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7169/6655382283_2fd8953659_o.jpg] I sent all my photos off to my leather-wonder-woman in Colorado, who does amazing leather work and was excited for a challenge like this. So on to the soft parts. The costume has 3 layers: an undertunic with a Mandarin collar in a rusty red color with matching pants, a light orange suede/moleskin skirt with a wide collar, and a big orange coat of doom. The undertunic I almost have done. It's just been set aside while I'm working on the battlemaiden. I found this nice fabric from JoAnns that I think will do well. It's a little brighter than I wanted (it's darker in person, it just photographs bright), but so little of it shows (plus it was cheap and breaths really nice). I'm also cheating and making it sleeveless to help with temperature control. I'll make the pants out of the same material. [image=http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7157/6767342067_5988f31d3b_z.jpg] The outer shirt I'm striking out on finding a good color match. I'm probably going to have to dye it myself to get the right color, unfortunately. I also need to figure out that collar. The big coat of doom I'm modifying a Pirate coat. A fun little OCD fact that I discovered is that the coat is actually a tri-tailed coat. The pirate pattern will help with the giant cuffs and the coat tails. The collar will still be a bit annoying. I've been striking out on finding a fabric for this. Again, will probably have to custom dye. Just need to find a fabric first. The photos are also making me believe that the coat is lined with a lighter orange/yellow. Which I know this coat will be hot and heavy as is, but I still want to do. [image=http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3245/5784762706_0d5fbc9c10_z.jpg] All that's left after that is finding some boots, getting them to match my shinguard color, making the little toe flap from the extra leather, and getting some brown leather gloves.