main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi My names John, I'm a proud San Diegan, and I love cinema and storytelling!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Han Burgundy, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    I gotta say, I like this forum a lot so far. I was an avid poster on IGN's forums for a long time, but this community seems a lot.... well lets just leave it at better, haha.

My name is John, but you can call me Starmin (or starman, whatever works). 20 years old, big fan of the SW universe.

Became a SW fan when: I saw the Special Editions in theaters as a 4 year old. First movies I ever saw In the cinemas. I've never been the same since.

Favorite SW thing: The Kotor games. They completely changed the way I thought about vidogames, they rekindled my love for the classic trilogy in a time when, as a kid, I was so entranced in everything with the prequels, and they contain some of the most memorable characters I've ever gotten to know. Good stuff.

Favorite thing about Star Wars: The unique mixture of Sci-Fi and Fantasy. I've never much liked "hard" science fiction. I don't really care much about realistic science in my Sci Fi. What I love is the iconography of Sci-Fi. The spaceships, the huge metropolises, the laser guns. Star Wars gives you that in all its escapist glory, and mixes in some awesome fantasy elements for good measure. The force is a real game changer that sets SW apart from any comparable universe. I love it.

Other things I like: All forms of storytelling, the Chargers (we're going to be good next year, just wait), Younglife youth outreach, San Diego life (I never go to comic con; I just take a 20 minute drive down to the convention center and walk around ;) )

Well, that's me in a nutshell! Nice to meet all of you!

JeremyJon likes this.
  2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    starmin76: Failte Nua Duine. Welcome aboard, John. While I will recommend you take a look at just about every forum we offer, based on your love of KOTOR, I would start here: http://boards.theforce.net/categories/games.10827/

But, I am certain you will not limit yourself to just our 'games' section. Get involved, have a grand time, and if you need any assistance, this thread is your tech support area.

3. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome starmin76! :)

Have you taken a look at FanFic already? There you'll find some good stories and if you love storytelling, it might be a good place for you.

And why don't you go to ComicCon? From what I heard, it's a darn good one. In case you enjoy meeting other SW fans, you should check out your local FanForce. If you need help in finding them, just let us know, ok? :)

Enjoy your stay! :)

4. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    Welcome! I am SkywalkerSquadron, and am also new here. I hope you enjoy your stay here!

5. CloneTrooperFox

CloneTrooperFox Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 27, 2013
    Welcome to the boards! Hope to see you around the boards john! Enjoy your time here!

6. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Welcome aboard!

7. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    welcome:)