main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

My new baby:

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Ryan_W, Mar 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Spiff

Jedi_Spiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2003
    But if I made it easy it wouldn't be worth much, would it?

I had a girlfriend that thought this way. If you make it too hard it becomes worthless as well.

Nonetheless - it's nice to see standards :)

Spiff philosophical thought of the day: Happiness occurs when you set your standards such that they're already met.

-Spiff

2. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    Mike: can you send me the fullsize pic of #26 as well as the details (dimensions, colors, etc.)? I might be able to get that one made for you...

3. degobah1

degobah1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 14, 2002
    I had a girlfriend that thought this way. If you make it too hard it becomes worthless as well.

maybe I'm the only one that took that the wrong way

4. djr33

djr33 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    nice saber :)

5. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Mike: can you send me the fullsize pic of #26 as well as the details (dimensions, colors, etc.)? I might be able to get that one made for you...

Actually that one was a commissioned design from years back (maybe I should have hashmarked it [face_plain] ), by a guy who went by the username Qui-Gon Gin, I believe. This was on the prop collector's board. I never saw an actual saber prop from it, though.

As for getting it made...appreciate the offer but it's actually low on the list (and with production on my film starting to gather momentum I don't at this time have the luxury of commissioning custom sabers for bookshelf display).

I'll tell you though, my dream saber is #1 -- the first one I designed. Got a special place in my heart. I have no idea what those vine-like things are on it but I like them. LOL

M. Scott

6. Jedi_Spiff

Jedi_Spiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2003
    maybe I'm the only one that took that the wrong way

Sicko.

Hey Mike - the vines are cool - but don't you think they'd chew up your hands a little? My last saber design featured a cloth weave like a katana. Here's hopin...

-Spiff

7. niennumb1

niennumb1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 10, 2001
    80 posts just today over a prop where if any other person who'd post the same thing would go straight down the list and onto page 3 by dawn tomorrow. :)

Sick sick sick.

:)

8. FigChrystie

FigChrystie Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 12, 2004
    Mike, I'm really not as much of an immature ******* as you like to think I am.

9. djr33

djr33 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    ^i guess i'm wrong too then ?[face_plain]

edit: that needs a :p... ;)

edit2: why wont a "P" work for :p? :p well... ok...

10. Jedi_KNick

Jedi_KNick Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2003
    I hate sabers that are fancy with wierd niches and stuff. I like #25 because it has a long handle (yeah, har har) and has nothing that will get in the way of your hands.

(under breath) Immature wierdos, you know who you are!!! *shakes fist*

-KNick

11. BrandonFlyte

BrandonFlyte Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 12, 2004
    Nice saber, Ryan. How long do you think your next one would take and cost?

I like #22 in the saber box. ;)

-Brandon

12. ThePaladin

ThePaladin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2004
    EDIT: Sage is right.

EDIT 2: Fig, I do indeed like ponies. BTW, a pony is one who has ponamental tendancies.

13. FigChrystie

FigChrystie Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 12, 2004
    EDIT: So, uh...anyone like ponies?

14. Sage_Halcyon

Sage_Halcyon Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    Dude. No. Wrong. Bad.

[face_plain]

Sage H.

15. BrandonFlyte

BrandonFlyte Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 12, 2004
    EDIT: No need anymore. Be cool, Paladin.

16. Zamboni

Zamboni Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 15, 2004
    Wow I managed to drive the thread off topic with a single letter (Muhahaha I'm the original duck tape-r)... The schwarz is with me today... Deja vu anyone?

17. ThePaladin

Jan 2, 2004
    Actually, the thing about ducK tape in World War 2 is true. It's also true that duct tape is no longer legally used on ducts by contractors.

Heck, I think I'm gonna make a movie about duct tape now.

18. rogue_09

rogue_09 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2003
    You're not the only one, I've been tossing ideas for one around for a while.

Edit: Has anyone else considered the fact that if some newb were post this same thread it would stand a very good chance of being locked? Just a thought....

19. Jedi_KNick

Jun 16, 2003
    LOL @ Winter Chili

niennumb01: You're so right. Ryan is probably refreshing the window just watching the posts accumulate.

I guarantee his next movie's thread is gonna have like 200 something.

BTW Ryan, sorry about this off-topicness. Like the saber design, but how big is the diameter? And is the center of balance at the top of the handle, as is best?

-KNick

20. Chris_F

Chris_F Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2003
    A very misleading title, Ryan. I was about to hand you a cigar and congratulate you and Ryan Jr.

:p

21. Jedi_KNick

Jun 16, 2003
    That's strange, I thought it was a movie. 8-}

BURRRNNNN!!! [face_laugh]

Seriously though, I did. :D

And was very dissapointed. [face_shocked] :(

-KNick

22. ThePaladin

Jan 2, 2004
    EDIT: Some party huh?

I like editing things. Only, my last post could've been read wrong, as in, not how I meant it. Not to mention it was retarded.

23. Zamboni

Zamboni Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 15, 2004
    Anyway, back on topic... Is there any other way making that metalic look other than using actual metal? I don't wanna invest in electic tools just to make sabers... Plus they're dangerous without proper training. Ryan should put up some safety guides for those of us who can't avoid danger using force...

24. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    I suggest making a saber with a rabid chainsaw on angel dust.

25. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Brandon: I like #22 in the saber box.

Sorry, but the saberbox is where the cast of my film chose their sabers, and I hash (red line) the number out and refuse to let anyone else have that design once it's been chosen.

#22 was chosen by my best friend and co-star, so looks like you're out of luck.

;)

Paladin: we'll talk tomorrow. If you are, as you say, "someone with a genuine concern for my future", you are spiritually obligated to discuss this matter with me directly; my friends shouldn't have to defend me behind my back. I've changed my mind, I'll talk to you now and not later, as I have a genuine concern for your future, and the future of those you come in contact with.

Chris_F: A very misleading title, Ryan. I was about to hand you a cigar and congratulate you and Ryan Jr.

It's probably sad that this wasn't the first thing I thought of. I figured it must be a prop, camera accessory, completed project, or other filmmaking paraphenalia.

"You know you've had too much fanfilms when you're more likely to use terms of endearment for your filmmaking supplies than another human being."

:p

M. Scott

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.