main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

My new Fanfic.....In An Instant (A JA fic, kinda)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi Erica Amidala, Aug 27, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smashalot

Smashalot Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 1999
    Honestly, if i see another Lightsaber fight where two guys stand there waiting for each other I will go crazy. Geez, what's the point in doing a fight scene whereone guy has to wait for his opponent to catch up to him. And why doesn't anyone aim for their opponent?? What is the point in aiming three feet in front of them, pausing a couple of seconds, and then have your blades clash. It's pointless and straight away you have lost your viewers attention. Lightsabers KILL. Make it look that way or else your film will not be as good as it could be. I bring to your attention "The Deul" and "Chapter 7 The final Training"(or something like that). Both had great idea's but the saber scenes were stupid. In these films the saber fighting was like after every swing they would say, "oh did i hit you? sorry" "oh that was a close one our blades nearly touched". it was boring and after a 20 something meg download i was a little disgruntled. Ah well who am i to complain, my film will probably never make it past post production.

2. lokmer

lokmer Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2000
    Hopefully "Battle For the Zone" will fit the bill for you. Check out my martial arts/saber philosophy at http://artisticwhispers.homestead.com/files/bftz.html http://artisticwhispers.homestead.com/files/bftz.html

3. Qui-Stay-Gon

Qui-Stay-Gon Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 22, 2000
    I don't know if you guys have checked out our short "PA WARS" yet, but if not, you should. Even though we try for a few laughs during the fight, I defy anyone to say that it doesn't look like we're trying to slice the crap out of each other. Check it out, I bet you'll dig it. Also, if you like "PA WARS", just wait for "Duel of the Fakes". You've never seen hard-core saber-fighting like what we've got coming soon! We look forward to your comments.

4. lokmer

Mar 15, 2000
    I LOVED PA wars! Absolute camp, absolutely hysterical, absolutely wonderful. I am a fan forever.
    -Lokmer

5. son of lucas

son of lucas Jedi Master star 1

Jul 23, 1999
  6. The Jedi Apprentice

The Jedi Apprentice Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 1999
    I loved the part in Duel when the sith called his lightsaber, but the Jedi dude smacked it away with his lightsaber.

That kicked arse.

Can't wait for Duality.
    If Mark Thomas is around here...

bryan868@aol.com

7. Azeem

Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 12, 1999
    Smashalot - It's called stage fighting. Watch TPM and the Trilogy again. Same thing there. You know what happens usually when two guys with a single sword fight without a shield? They both die...rather quickly too.

How do I know? I do medival fighting with the SCA.

Azeem
    TFN FanFilms

8. GilesP

GilesP Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2000
    Oh, god...

Let's not talk about the SCA.

It's a little early in the Millenium for that.

Brian P. Gefrich
    Producer
    Jedi Legends

9. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    A main reason there are so many lightsaber duels in fan films is because there was at least one lightsaber duel in every movie! Most fans like to make their films at least have something to do with the movies, and every Star Wars movie to date (no, the two Ewoks TV movies and the Holiday Special DO NOT COUNT) has had a lightsaber battle at the climax of the film. It seems appropriate to pay homage to this great tradition.

10. Smashalot

Smashalot Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 1999
    Now i won't pretened to be an authority on sword fighting but i do know a little, i do realise that the fights were staged and choreographed but still, they've got to be fast and look "real". That was what was really cool about the saber test those two guys did, it looked really good. But the final movie was a bit of a let down after this. didn't mean to upset anyone, thats just my opinon. and what is that SCA thing? i guess it is a sword fighting club but what does it involve?

11. lokmer

Mar 15, 2000
    SCA=Society for Creative Anachronism. It's a renaissance-type society. People get together at camps, drink, carouse, party, listen to balladeers, and engage in sword competition (fencing done with foils, broadswords done with padded PVC swords).

If you're interested in learning sword arts for jedi purposes, check out the sword forms of the Samurai, Wushu, Tae Kwon Do, and Shaolin Kung Fu. These are a few of the arts that were melded together to form the Jedi Arts, which - though still young in its development - aims to be a sort of Jeet Kun Do of sword arts (also deserving of study is the use of the Claymore).

12. Jedi Eowyn

Jedi Eowyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 28, 1999
    Padawan Placement -- required for those going to be working in Padawan Placement Services. text: memoirs of Q.G. Jinn.

Effective Silence -- for those who planning to travel and not convert.

Borders in the Sky -- You're zooming along in a semi functional Nubian Cruiser. Sure, your focus determines your reality, but how hard will you have to push here?

13. Jedi Eowyn

Jedi Eowyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 28, 1999
    Advanced Jedi Ethics 1987vdfpo4: This course will examine one of the abiding Jedi questions (1987vdfpo4). "If one is outside of recognized territory, do all of the rules of the order apply? Some of the rules? Which and why?

Advanced Jedi Psychology 7op598kl567: Are Jedi Masters their original species, or are they midichlorians? What are the implications?

Jedi listening techniques: Learn to hear the midichlorians even when they whisper during a windstorm.

Midichlorians?: Why do they whisper? Why not speak? {this course has a prerequisite quiz. Please answer the following question,"why do the midichlorians whisper and not speak?" Answers may be turned into professor Pigeon-holing-guy in room 12334 before Saturday.}

14. Celes

Celes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 1999
    Interesting beginning.

How about another post??????

15. Kyle Altis

Kyle Altis Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 30, 1999
    Once more unto the top ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.