main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

My new Film

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by Lord_IceMan, Nov 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_IceMan

Lord_IceMan Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2005
    yeh, if i had a blue/green screen to work with, i could put us in space or cloud city or where ever, but i cant.

forcefx sabre i use. use what eva we can though.

2. Lord_IceMan

Nov 9, 2005
    Rhys im going to cry after watching that....THAT LOOKED AWESOME. i cant get a hold on any prop sabre's so i cant do it in day light like u did.

nice skills from both of u aswell. could make a short part for my film please

3. Rhys

Rhys Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2005
    It's not me dueling ;) I just did the effects on that clip there myself to see if i could replicate the original RvB look and mixed in some music/sounds i liked, which i did, and have since released a tutorial on the FanFilms board which people requested.

That clip there is a few hours work, though in that time i actually had to develop the method i was using, which is based on Ryan_W's method, which is pretty universal.

Although, I can duel pretty well, so maybe some time i will come up with my own. Those two guys are Ryan and Brandon, from the clip 'Ryan vs. Brandon' that can be downloaded at rvb.michaelfrisk.com.

I -do- have duels in the pipeline, one Star Wars duel with a few surprises i have in mind, and one Serenity final battle imitation.

EDIT: I may be able to help you with the rotoscoping for your film, if it's good enough, or possibly if i'm feeling active i could complete a short duel and send it to you (though i doubt i'll have time to meet up anywhere, etc)

4. Lord_IceMan

Nov 9, 2005
    no need to meet up. i would just like peeps to film some footage of a duel.

im in the middle of drawing up a story board and will post it as and when its done.

thank you for all the tips mate.

EDIT: does quicktime allow me to view .mov files

5. Rhys

Rhys Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2005
    Yeh, quicktime is specifically for .mov files.

6. Lord_IceMan

Nov 9, 2005
    i got it now.

so i will now download some of there stuuf to view

7. Lord_IceMan

Nov 9, 2005
    they aint very kind in the fan film site....

just got slandered for posting my "idea"

please note i did say idea

8. Rhys

Rhys Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2005
    I saw ;) It's a forum like no other, so most people get that once. It's ok though, and most people won't mind, but given the sheer amount that goes through that board in a day, creating a new thread tends to be more of a thing than it would be otherwise, so some people expect there to be a lot of forethought behind every new thread. The amount of 'Im gonna create the best film ever' threads ive seen by new guys, i know that isn't what yours was, but people who've been around a lot longer than i have get jumpy around anything that looks like you -might- be saying that, without any preparation or development etc, you probably see what i'm getting at.

Like i say, it's really not worth worrying about ;) You'll get into the flow soon eough if you stick around. Keep a stiff upper lip though, because those guys will really tell you it like it is.

9. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Iceman: It might be a good idea to pump the posters here for most of your preliminary information.

There is a wide range of knoweldge to be had from many posters and i'm sure that they will be more than willing to help you out.

Don't be afraid to ask anything, there are people here who know just about everything there is to know about fanfilms and their production.

Plus, they will be more willing to help you as you are a fellow Welshie, rather than a complete stranger (ala fanfilm forum).

10. Lord_IceMan

Nov 9, 2005
    true....oh yeh now that i have quicktime, i can now view your short
    film

11. Rhys

Rhys Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2005
    (stick to the FanFilm forum like glue though... trust me ;) it's -well- worth it...)

And when you see Welshguy's video.. laugh while you still can..

-ducks-

12. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    :_|

It's an epic dual that puts Battle of the Heroes to shame!

Don't listen to him Iceman, he's jelous!

I agree with his advice about the fanfilm forum though. Read everything you can on there to give you a better understanding of what is needed to make a fanfilm.

However, my point was that if you had any questions, there are many people around here who would be willing to help out, should you require it.

13. Lord_IceMan

Nov 9, 2005
    yeh i totally understand. im starting from scratch cause i been thinking of a different story now, and it sounds far better

14. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    So, any hints as to what the new story might be?

15. Lord_IceMan

Nov 9, 2005
    The Red Saber....all i can say.

writing script now, and will be putting film togehter as soon as possible.

16. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    The Red Saber.

Nice title.

So have you managed to get a look at my video yet?

What did you think.

Great aint it!

17. Lord_IceMan

Nov 9, 2005
    yeh it werent bad at all

18. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    HA!

Did you hear that Rhys?

"Aint to bad at all"

How do you like them apples?

19. Rhys

Rhys Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2005

He's clearly easily impressed. By not being bad, maybe he meant aweful? ;)

Go watch RvB and RvD, then you'll change your mind about what's good and what isn't.

20. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Yeah well, at least I made my own dual, rather than just rotoscoping someone elses. ;)

It's class man, the sooner you realise that, the better.

21. Rhys

Rhys Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2005
    I will be making my own duel, however, i have no embarrassing preliminary work to rotoscope.

22. Lord_IceMan

Nov 9, 2005
    ive just setting up the a duel between me and a friend for a laugh. im just waiting for my stunt sabers to arrive, which will take a while.

23. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Why don't you improvise and use French loaves or Rhys' bones from his legs?

And don't let him put you off dude, if you think it's good enough for your movie, then you have my full backing to put it in there.

24. Rhys

Rhys Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2005
    Isn't the whole point that Lord_IceMan is making his own film, his own duel? So wouldn't using your footage be completely against the point? All that comes down to is rotoscoping.

25. Lord_IceMan

Nov 9, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.