main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

My new site

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Jedi_Master_dude, May 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master_dude

Jedi_Master_dude Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 2001
    http://slipstreampictures.tripod.com thats are new site, and it has some new info on it, and stuff, so check it out!

2. Jedi_Master_dude

Sep 25, 2001
  3. Bastion

Bastion Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2001
    First rule of promoting your website:-

Make link clickable.

4. Jedi_Master_dude

Sep 25, 2001
    it is, I do that every time i edit it.

5. JediTAC

JediTAC Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 30, 2000
    Well ... you STILL haven't done it.

6. Jedi_Master_dude

Sep 25, 2001
  7. JediTAC

JediTAC Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 30, 2000
    I'm thinking that you do not understand what "clickable" means.
    It's using markup codes so that the we can simply "click" on the link and it goes right to the website .... without having to cut and paste the addy.

Look HERE to learn how to do it. :D

8. Jedi_Master_dude

Sep 25, 2001
  9. wixmmm

wixmmm Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2001
    First off, you make lots of sites... eventually, we're going to go numb to them... just somethign to think about.

Hows your fanfilm database going by the way?

Anyways... you bump alot too... but I'll still comment.

Your sabres are looking better ever since you went ryan w... nice choice... and fyi... that "weird color" sabre you have... it's green. ;)

But it's good to see you are making movies with people now ;)

Cya
    Mike

EDIT

Sorry, I have a few issues. How can Niennumb state that you are not part of Toy Wars, just a crazy promoter of it, and now you say you are IN IT... hmmmm... something sounds weird here.

Also, you stole that design from someone else who posted he was goign to be making a thrawn era trilogy a while back... remember it perfectly... it is the same identical design.

So if you want me to comment on the site, I'd say I don't really likes sites on which the creators aren't creative. Make your own.

10. Jedi_Master_dude

Sep 25, 2001
    What do you mean make your own? Street Wars? If so I talked to the guy, he said I could use his name, and why is everyone so down here, you know, I really hate being on the fan film forums, if everyone was just nice to each other it would be alot better, like, every one likes to think there so great, thats fine but keep it to your self, And so what if you think i'm winey, I don't care! Banned me! I'm still going to stick with my openion! Just be happy that there are movies out there to review, I'd be much happier if I just had a few people review, because your always talking about, o ya like this and that was wrong with the movie, thats alright but god! We only need so many of those, leave it to JediTac to do those, just say nice things about the movie, it will make people feel better about them selves, that way they will make more, and make them better, so just mellow out, and go ahead and banned me if you want, I just had to get this out.

11. wixmmm

wixmmm Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2001
    you guys are the nicest message bord i have ever seen in my years on earth. you are show respect to every 1. on other message bords they just tell all newbies to shut up! But this is a much much different place. i am happy to be here. :)
    -Maverick_Mcloud
    Date Posted: 5/27 8:14pm

Cya
    Mike

12. Darth Milarc

Darth Milarc Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2000
    "...just say nice things about the movie, it will make people feel better about them selves, that way they will make more, and make them better...

I think if you critisize someones work it makes them want to do better the next time around. If you simply just say "nice things about the movie", the next film will be just as good...or bad.
    but still you should mention the good with the bad, not just focus on one or the other.

Jedi_Dude, everyone has opinions on every film, and most of them are going to express it, just like you. If a film is continually critizised, then maybe the filmmakers should try a new approach to the films they make. (e.g. Duck Wars could be a flash cartoon!)

As well, you should care if you're whiney. If you are a nussince to others, you'll just gain a bad reputation and be ignored. And if the people dont like you, they're not going to watch your films.

MTFBWY
    -DM

13. Lone_Padawan

Lone_Padawan Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2001
    Ah another JMD childish rant... you hate being here... thou was not asked to be here. Thou brings it on thyselth.
    Prehaps thy should stick to thou stuffed ducks..
    Leave to jediTAC thy says? Prehaps TAC dost not whish to see thy site. There are more people than TAC on this board. He is simply one with... a reputation :D
    Hast thou the wit to understand me? At least there is some sign of punctuation and spelling in thou post. Thy spelling needs work however.
    Dost thou not like us? Dost we all thinketh we is great? Nay- We do not thinketh that. That is up to others. Most of us are here to have fun and to learn. If thou wishest to be though of as great then thou needs to do somthing worthy of being great.
    And I dost not mean a film. Thou may become a helpful member of the communty.. giving thy expertise on matters to newbies and others who need help.
    If thou hateth it here, then thou should not be here.
    *rides off on evil horse to evil type gates*

14. Jedi_Master_dude

Sep 25, 2001
    I really don't care what you guys say, if you were really nice you woulden't be so mean about telling some one, I mean there are some really nice people iv'e met on here, but i mean common, you have to admit, there are some not very nice people here, who think they are great, they leave the newbies in the dust, like instead of saying stupid newbi, go to hell and never come back, help them, I know you do but i mean thru PM, because i really dont like it when some one explains my falts in front of everyone.

15. JEDIBYKNIGHT

JEDIBYKNIGHT Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2001
    Trying to bring back this thread to its original purpose... :)

JMD, I like your site better than the old one. First good thing on the list : Tripod, not geocities anymore. :) Now the best thing would be to use a webpage designer (there are some free ones).
    However, there isn't much content on this website. Pics... A poor cast & crew list... Why not make a Duck Wars page on this one as well (with links to the files...)

Mmmmm... I'd like to say more interesting things, but there isn't enough content, I think... Nevertheless, I say this again : much better than the first one.

16. Jedi_Master_dude

Sep 25, 2001
    Thanks for your review, I plan on putting lots of movie files and stuff on it in the upcoming weeks. I'm just getting started to make it good so keep posted.

17. Darth Milarc

Darth Milarc Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2000
    I wasn't trying to be mean Jedi_Dude, im just trying to be helpful, like you want us to be!

And in defense of everyone, i havent heard anyone tell a newbie to go to hell. A wise-crack at them maybe, but all in good humor.
    ;)

Your PM idea is good, but if they're a newbie, they dont know who to PM now, do they? Hence they ask us.

MTFBWY
    -DM

18. Jedi_Master_dude

Sep 25, 2001
    I wasn't talking about you, just some other people, your one of the really nice one's, thats why your on my Watched Users list!

19. Clone_No759

Clone_No759 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2002
    JediTAC i think you shouldnt say anything enless it is worth saying, you critise almost anyone who posts here, i remember one i posted about asking for 3d animators, and you came up with some crap about, "oh you should only post pictures of you 3d work" or some crap like that, he doenst need to make it clickable, just shows how lazy you are, just copy and paste it, i agree with jedi_master that eveyone should mellow out, there are too many moany people on this board and it is amazing you all can still post responses or even bother to post them. this guy was only tellin you guys hes got a new site, and if allot of yous were so amazing at knowing flaws in fan films, then caugh up the evidence that you guys know how to do it right. go on TAC, i looked at my post, i think there may be a few spelling erros or missing capital letters, better check. I have hated allot of responses on these board, i am goin to write to the guys who run this board about it as well. You either have an opinion that wont cause an argument or dont bother at all. eveyone should calm own on this site and help each other out, we are all fans of star wars, we should help each other out, if you cant help dont say things like, "do it yourself", you either help the person or not, i might have repeated myslef a few times, but guys, help or dont help thats all i say, and fine if jedi_master_dude didnt make his site a link, just copy paste it, come on guys, arguing makes this site look bad!!!!!!!!!!

20. Jedi_Master_dude

Sep 25, 2001
    Thanks Clone, see they do come in handy lol! But tac, what would you know about movie making and what not, site making and so on, were the hell are your films huh? Your all, O i'm so powerful, i'm going to diss this movie or this guy even know i can't do any better, so post a freacken movie!!!!!!!

21. Clone_No759

Apr 4, 2002
    oh, 1 more thing, who cares if he has more than one site, and give the guy some encouragement

22. JEDIBYKNIGHT

JEDIBYKNIGHT Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2001
    Constructive criticism is encouragement. I tried to bring this thread back on track, and all was going well. BUT, you come up with this.
    First of all, this is exactly the kind of message that should be a PM.
    And, TAC (which, by the way, wasn't the one who said the link should be clickable) was only trying to make things easier. I know that it doesn't sound so to you, but take a step back and you'll see it's the truth. Making a clickable link for a website, when we have the possibility (and we have it here on these boards), is part of politeness.

Now Clone, this thread was going to serve its original purpose at last. This is your first post in it, telling people they should be posting reviews of JMD's website. Then why the heck didn't you do so ?

Now this thread might get locked... I hope not for JMD...

23. Clone_No759

Apr 4, 2002
    dude i knew about the site and seen it b4 you so there

24. Jedi_Master_dude

Sep 25, 2001
    Ok, maybe we should bring it back to it's origanal post, so lets let this endliss battle to an end now, but, please use all are edvise lol :p

25. Clone_No759

Apr 4, 2002
    Please, anyone who reads this, think about beign nicer in future and just HELP eachother out, i call my peace, sorry for goin on at you TAC, im just havin a rough time at the moment, peace dude!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.