main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

My new site

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Jedi_Master_dude, May 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master_dude

Jedi_Master_dude Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 2001
  2. NSH

NSH Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2002
    Ok, In tacs defense:
    I haven't been on this board but for about a week now and I have read MANY posts(get bored at work, you read)
    I personally laugh at Tac's posts, yeah he bashes people, he jokes on them, but hell if no one did that the forums would be boring.
    I have noticed that Tac makes fun of people and usually includes a link as well. I have learned what NOT to ask because reading his posts :)
    I do see a lot of newbs(I am a newbie myself)posting about how to do this, how to do that..There are tutorials everywhere, there are 40 something pages of threads on the forum alone, spend some time looking through it.

Now onto this guy's site..

I checked it out and it's pretty plain. As someone stated early, more content would help...I looked at pictures of a street with a truck and was baffled by what it was, maybe I missed something.
    I am in no way trying to bash your site, and I praise you for putting effort into something. You look young in the pictures(if that is you) so you have all the time to improve...
    Learn not to let people posting smart ass comments get to you, learn how to take the jokes and turn them into constructive tools to make yourself better.
    Hell if I post something stupid that has already been covered, so be it..I learn not to make that mistake next time....

If I can help ya in any way let me know, most people here seem to be very helpful and tolerate us newbs a lot, Tac just has a warm, fuzzy way of showing it :)

3. link64PD

link64PD Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2001
    The new site is much improved over the previous one.

4. Jedi_Master_dude

Sep 25, 2001
    Thanks, but i still hate tac!

5. Neszis

Neszis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    HISSSSSSSSS!!!! HIIISSSSSS!!!!!! RRRAAAOOOWW!!!!

Catfight! Catfight!

Seriously, though, is not TAC's silence eerie?

The kite once told its child to find some food. The kite's child went out and found a small duck. It grabbed the small duck and immediately returned to the nest. When the little kite returned, the mother said,"What did this duck's mother say when you took it?" The little kite replied "Nothing." The mother kite said, "Then return it immediately." The little kite did just that, but when it was returning home, it spied a chick. So it grabbed the chick and returned home. "What did the chick's mother say when you took it?" said the mother. "It squawked and screamed at me," replied the kite. "Then you may eat it. There was something ominous behind the mother's silence, but there is nothing to fear from someone who rants and screams." [African Folk Tale paraphrased from Chinua Achebe's Things Fall Apart]

Let that be a lesson to you, especially if you are smart enough to know that a kite is a bird :D.

~Neszis~

6. link64PD

link64PD Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2001
    Haha, that's a clever story.

7. Jedi_Master_dude

Sep 25, 2001
    I finished my Street Wars script, now I need a reviewer. Anyone want to review it?

8. wixmmm

wixmmm Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2001
    JMD... if we were here... in person... could you honestly look me in the eye and tell me that you did not steal the design for that site.

(and if you WERE going to steal it... why didn't you choose a better one?)

Cya
    Mike

EDIT: And they say he accuses and doesn't post a link to go with it.

Ladies and gentleman... I provide you with proof of as to why JMD so conviniently decided to avoid my accusations of stealing a design.

Elements of Fate- Part 1

Now that I have proved my point... can we just ask the mods to rename this thread the

"immature 12 year olds post here thread"

Cya
    Mike

9. Jedi_Master_dude

Sep 25, 2001
    Lol, it's just the design of the site builder, that was the very first time i've ever seen that site, sorry if you thought i copied something, but i never do that, i'm the annoying one remember, not the copy cat, and yes i could look you in the eye and say i didn't copy it.

10. JediTAC

JediTAC Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 30, 2000
    Ummm .... at exactly which point did I "dis" your movie, JMD? :confused:

In fact, what did I do to warrant all of this hatred?

Sheesh .... all I did was link the guy to the "Markup Codes" section to help him learn a little bit on how to use markup codes. I wasn't even the one who mentioned it in the first place.

The crazy part is ... when have I ever flat out insulted anyone here?
    I'll take it a step further ... when have I flat out insulted anyone lately?

It seems as though some people are a bit pre-disposed to being anti-TAC. :(

So I throw around a little sarcasm once in a while. I admit it. Believe me, I get it thrown at me just as much. But I also recognize sarcasm and sarcastic-humor for what it is ... and I do not let it bother me personally.

Now, what you have done, JMD, is get all personal about it and verbally berrate me publically .... something I have never done to you. If I hurt your feelings .... gosh, I'm sorry. I would have thought that people were a little more thick-skinned than that.

Look ... if anyone has a problem with me, all you have to do is send me a PM.
    I am perfectly open to talk things through with people.

WOW .... so much anger ... so much rage .... DAMN THAT RAP MUSIC. ;)

11. Jedi_Master_dude

Sep 25, 2001
    You didn't, it's just past encounters with you have not been plesent.

12. JediTAC

Nov 30, 2000
    Like I said ... all you gotta do is PM me, my friend.

I really am not the "Son of Satan" that you think I am. :)

13. mpfjr

mpfjr Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 8, 2001
    Of course you're not, because my dad only has one child. ;)

Oh and Jedi_Master_dude,
    Please tell me English is your second language? What country are you from?

14. PixelMagic

PixelMagic Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 8, 2001
    "Whew...What a whiner that kid is."
    -Uncle Owen character
    from Thumb Wars

Don't worry about it Tac, you rule in my opinion! And you have cleaned it up pretty good. Your comments are more constructive that sarcastic now-a-days.

ISN'T MY SIGNATURE SO TRUE?

15. Bastion

Bastion Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2001
    he doenst need to make it clickable, just shows how lazy you are, just copy and paste it

Hahahaha! I'm lazy for taking the time to write a post suggesting he make his link clickable?! That's too funny! I suggested that as the easier he makes it for everyone else the more likely people will look at his site. It's called common marketing.

And to show how easy it is and to show I hold no grudge I'll promote his site for him.

Please check out http://slipstreampictures.tripod.com

[edit]Whoops![/edit]

16. JediTAC

Nov 30, 2000
    Thanks, Pixel. I try.

Unfortunately, a lot of people only seem to take notice of the sacrastic comments I make, rather than the ones in which I genuinely try to help people - to the best of my ability.

I never have claimed to know everything about everything. There are many things I do not know.
    But the things I do know something about, or at least know where to find out/learn about it ... I very much enjoy passing along to others.

I just wish that people would not take things so personally and/or seriously, and see that the vast majority of the time I am just playing around and/or debating a bit .... granted, with my occassional brand of sarcastic wit added for spice.

Okay . . . I'll try to take a step back, agian. But not because anyone is making me do it ...
    but rather, because I want to try to smooth things over with y'all. ;)

SPREAD THE LOVE [face_love]

JediTAC

17. wixmmm

wixmmm Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2001
    I must stand up for tac here... if anyone bothers to notice and look back on his posts, you will right away see that the guy is ALWAYS sarcastic... ALWAYS pokes at newbies, and ALWAYS implies pirated software.

But ALWAYS he puts links... tons of them.

He answers questions more thoroughly than most people here... I know he gives a hell of a lot more links than I do.

Sometimes people see what they want to see... but the reason I'm standing up, is because I myself have benefited from the plethora (ohhh word of the day... plethora) of links that TAC has provided.

So howabout everyone lay off and we get back to JMD's original topic... his 8000th website.

(and you NEVER answered my question: How is your Fanfilm Database going JMD???)

Cya
    Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.