main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

My newest Vong and the Force Revelation (Starring Ben Skywalker)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Vong_Killer, Feb 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vong_Killer

Vong_Killer Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2001
    This is gonna sound rediculous, and it may have allready come up, but will Ben beable to sense the Vong? It makes sense because Ben came int5o the galaxy AFTER the Vong. I'm having a hard time putting what I mean to words.

You guys figure it out.

2. Gotrat_the_Knight

Gotrat_the_Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2001
    So your saying that he was born while they were their he has a chance of sensing the in the force. I could see that, but it relly has to do with what dose it mean that they can't be sensed? Maybe everybody has the potental to sense them, or maybe just Ben and other children bor recentlly.

3. Master-Anakin-Solo

Master-Anakin-Solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 18, 2002
    I think that everybody who is force sensitive can feel the Vong, but they only have to learn how to tune themselves to that part of the force, after all Anakin was able to feel them in SbS, and it also makes sence that ben could feel them since he was in the womb of Mara, while she was seek by a Vong decease.

EDIT: Ooops Imeant disease as in seeknes

4. Vong_Killer

Vong_Killer Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2001
    Never thought of the desease coming into play

5. Lianna

Lianna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    Anthing really is possible in this story though not all things are likely. There is a lot of discussion about the Vong and the Jedi's inability to sense them through the force. To me it makes perfect sense why the Jedi can't sense the Vong. The Force is the energy field that binds the galaxy together and is produced by every living thing in the galaxy. Well, the Vong are not from the GFFA, therefore, the Force has no part in them. Since they are not part of the GFFA, they cannot produce the force and the force cannot be active in them, thus they cannot be felt through the force. I know others have expressed this idea but I just wanted to get it out.

This creates the dilemna for the Jedi. Now, they must rely on other means besides thier force to defeat the evil. Something new for them.

6. barnsthefatjedi

barnsthefatjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 17, 2001
    This is gonna sound rediculous, and it may have allready come up, but will Ben beable to sense the Vong? It makes sense because Ben came int5o the galaxy AFTER the Vong

No offence, but that certainly does sound ridiculous. It would be totally lame for him to be able to sense them through the Force simply because he was born after the Vong entered the galalxy. What kind of a reason is that?

Also, the Vong have been in the galaxy for over 50 years, so Luke and everyone else except for perhaps Streen and a few others should be able to sense them too, by your logic.

7. Jaina11

Jaina11 Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2001
    I think I know what Vong_Killer means- and it doesn't seem all that ridiculous. All of the other Jedi have been taught to sense the Force in certain ways. Back then, their methods of Force use worked fine- until they came across the Vong. If the Force is everywhere, they must be doing something wrong. Since Ben has never learned any set way to feel the Force, perhaps he will learn right off how to sense the Vong. Anakin was on the right track, and I think it is possible. It just has to be approached a bit differently. It's kind of like learning a new language. To a young child who is exposed to a language, it doesn't take them long to pick it up- whereas an adult, who already knows one language, will have a much tougher time. It's hard to teach old dawgs new tricks.

8. darkfire_19

darkfire_19 Jedi Youngling

Nov 13, 2001
    What if the reason the vong can not be sensed is beacuse they are not really sentinent beings but bio machines like all there ships and such created and controlled and munipulated by the gods who can be sensed through the force. Sort of along the same line as clones.

9. -Vergere-

-Vergere- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2001
    Jaina11, nice analysis:
    All of the other Jedi have been taught to sense the Force in certain ways. Back then, their methods of Force use worked fine- until they came across the Vong. If the Force is everywhere, they must be doing something wrong.
    Interesting how Jacen has wondered this very thing and questioned Luke's "tradition" since the DT duology. ;)

10. Jaina11

Jaina11 Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2001
    Which is why Jacen is going to be the one to make "the big connection" and will be the hero of the NJO. It's a beautiful thing.

11. barnsthefatjedi

Feb 17, 2001
    Ugh. Hardly.

12. JediPatrick

JediPatrick Jedi Youngling

Dec 16, 2001
    I posted this this same theory awhile back and gave an explanation why he might be able to sense the vong, the thread was called Ben skywalker the vong and the force case youd like to read my theory on it.

13. A_Sharad_Hett

A_Sharad_Hett Jedi Youngling

Feb 20, 2002
    This is an interesting theory. Anakin has been the only one, up to this point, to be able to "track" the Vong. I may be way off on this, but I feel it was because he was so in tune to the force, and everything around him, that the Vong's absence in the living force made their presence "obvious" to him. As to Ben being able to actually feel them in the force... If he were able to do this, then Hallellujah. What a B.A. he would be.

Someone brought up language. I would compare the living force and the Vong, to a full page written in English, or whatever language you understand. Now, remove 12 words from the page. By understanding the language, you know that "words" are missing as you read it. These voids are the Vong in the force. It's an awareness that comes easy once you are conditioned to see, or not see in this case, the absence. But, in the end, you must be able to trust the absence of the Vong in the force for what it is, not an error in your perception. Why has only Anakin been able to do this....?

14. Cypher18

Cypher18 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 1, 2001
    Actually anakin, by opening himself to all good emotions was able to sense the vong in the force.

15. barnsthefatjedi

Feb 17, 2001
    No, it's because Anakin is the only one who has a lambent.

16. marmkid

marmkid Jedi Master star 4

Apr 29, 2001
    yeah i dont think anakin sensed the vong through the force
    he did through the lambent
    it even says something along this when he first senses them
    something like, not with the clarity of the force
    i cant recall it being any different since then either

17. Cypher18

Cypher18 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 1, 2001
    actually in SBS it says this,"He was acutely aware of everything in the grashal...the huffing breath of his fellow jedi, even the Yuuzhan Vong. There presence was as distinct to him as that of his companions,almost as though the Force somehow expanded to include them"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.