main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"My Official Fan Club, This Is." - Yoda

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by JediMasterBrett, Mar 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    OK, 18 people on the roster....time to talk about Yoda. ;)

Anyone know when that first Clone Wars novel is on the shelves?
    Any word on Yoda being involved?

2. JediMasterBrett

JediMasterBrett Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 30, 2003
    15 confirmed members, DA. :cool:

True, DA's statement is. Talk about Yoda, we should. So for some topics there has been the already discussed rumor of Yoda being a Whill, or DA's topics of the new Clone Wars book and Yoda's involvement(possible?) in it.

3. A-WingsRule

A-WingsRule Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    I think the first Clone Wars novel is Shattepoint, but I might be wrong. It's mainly about Mace, but it may have a cameo by Yoda.

Yoda EU discussion. Why didn't Yoda sense the deception at the end of Cloak of Deception (can't say any more, it will spoil the story for those who haven't read it)?

4. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    You know I was wondering when someone talked to me about dates... did Yoda ever have a date...one that we know of.

Weird things I think of ;)

5. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    Do you have anything serious or constructive to add to a discussion about Yoda in EU, Elfsheen? ?[face_plain]

6. yodagirl02

yodagirl02 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2002
    Love the picture of yoda! Yoda also appears in the Episode II novelazation, but i dont think that counts as EU. Why cant we talk about Yoda? There are fan clubs for characters that appear half as often as Yoda does! He also appears in the Jedi Apprentice series for younger readers.

7. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Well I did ask about the dating, I wasn't joking about that, I was being serious.

Apart from that I read about Yoda in the newer books and he was in the movie books too, although that's not exactly EU.

8. -Ace-

-Ace- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2002
    Didn't Luke go back to Dagobah one time and find jedi teaching records from Yoda?

If so why didn't Yoda show him this before when he was still alive or on his death bed?

9. SECRETSISTER

SECRETSISTER Jedi Master star 8

Nov 18, 2001
    And what about his involvement in the Outbound Project and that humongous ship that went down on Dathomir? I keep waiting for a reference to that in the movies, too. As it was supposed to happen just before the Jedi Purge, It seems to me that it would be important.

10. -Ace-

Jan 21, 2002
    It doesn't say when the Outbound Flight Project happened, but it does say that Palpatine was only a senator then. By the time of TPM Palpatine is already fairly old so it could have been up to 30 years before TPM so it might not have been such a serious issue anymore.

It says that the Chu'unthor crashed 300 years before ANH so it wouldn't suprise me that it isn't mentioned in the PT. Althought a ship like the Chu'unthor would be pretty cool to see in Episode III.

11. SECRETSISTER

Nov 18, 2001
    Aha! I haven't been reading close enough! Must do better.

EDIT: (must think faster, too.) Remember, the old witch talks about meeting and communing with Yoda and gives Luke a bunch of tapes(?). Yoda flirted with her!

12. -Ace-

Jan 21, 2002
    Yoda the pimp.

heheheheh.

13. SECRETSISTER

Nov 18, 2001
    Oh that was nice. [face_sarcastic]

On the other hand I just went through a thread on the Lit. board about where Yoda comes from. It's a hoot!.....but no answer to the question that makes any sense. Check it out. (darn! can't get a link to work!) It's on the second page.

14. -Ace-

Jan 21, 2002
  15. jedi_master_ikrit

jedi_master_ikrit Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2002
    Green 13 am I. Cool, Yoda is.

So far, it seems Yoda has had only minor cameo roles in the prequel books and comics, and he isn't scheduled to take any starring roles anytime soon. Does anyone think we will see Yoda in action again during the Clone Wars, i.e. either leading clone soldiers into combat or actually in a lightsaber battle?

In Jedi: Mace Windu, Yoda mentions that "Practice I had with Count Dooku. Sufficient, that was." This could indicate that he doesn't plan on fighting directly anytime soon after Episode II. Hopefully he will still take on a major leadership postition in the war.

16. Kettch_the_Jedi

Kettch_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 22, 2002
    Any guesses on why Yoda went into hiding? And, what he did during that time?

17. A-WingsRule

A-WingsRule Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    OK. Troy Denning (i think) says that he would like to do a book showing Yoda as a cool warrior guy. So when should it be set? PT, ages ago, on Dogabah?

18. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    Luke found those records on Dathomier. Mother Rell gave them to him or something, and it showed a very young yoda, although I'm not really sure if that's the right way of saying it. Ok, before PT-Yoda. That works better :D

~aeryn

19. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    I can't imagine Yoda young at all. He must have been cute. :) I mean he's so cuddly looking in Episode 5.

20. dark_jedi666

dark_jedi666 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    Add 1 to the membership. I have always liked Yoda. I like him even more since seeing him wipe the floor with Count Dooku. I hope that he makes appearances in the Clone War novels.

21. star_wars_wizard

star_wars_wizard Jedi Youngling

Jan 9, 2003
    All you Yoda fans out there -

I am almost done with my new "Star Wars" fansite, which I am proud to say has a lot of Yoda information, as well as everything else :Star wars" you can imagine!! Head over to http://www.geocities.com/starwarswiard as soon as piossible!! Thanks for viewing my site, and MTFBWY...

22. star_wars_wizard

star_wars_wizard Jedi Youngling

Jan 9, 2003
    All you Yoda fans out there -

CORRECTION:

http://www.geocities.com/starwarswizard

I am almost done with my new "Star Wars" fansite, which I am proud to say has a lot of Yoda information, as well as everything else :Star wars" you can imagine!! Head over to http://www.geocities.com/starwarswizard as soon as piossible!! Thanks for viewing my site, and MTFBWY...

23. Malz4JESUS

Malz4JESUS Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 12, 2002
    Cool, I'll go see it! :D

Yeah, I read about Shatterpoint...it looked cool...I'm guessing Yoda would be in it... ?[face_plain]

24. Kell_Tainer_II

Kell_Tainer_II Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    I haven't read it myself. Is anyone here today?

25. CrAzY-MoNgOoSe

CrAzY-MoNgOoSe Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2002
    If Yoda had not brought the Clones to Geonosis to save the Jedi, I wonder what would have happend. I mean the tides of war would have changed dramatically.

Who da man? Yo-da-man!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.