main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"My Official Fan Club, This Is." - Yoda

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by JediMasterBrett, Mar 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkyeLightrider

SkyeLightrider Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 12, 2003
    I may be a newcomer to this club, but I have a serious question about Yoda and the Force.

Do any of you guys take Yoda's teachings and try to apply them in real life? Not any of the "moving stones and X-wings" but the real stuff.
    Personally I use the codes of the Jedi and Yoda specifically a lot. I was wondering if anyone could give examples.

-Skye

2. SECRETSISTER

SECRETSISTER Jedi Master star 8

Nov 18, 2001
    I think that the line "luminous beings are we, not this crude matter." touches me the most. It is so in line with my beliefs.

3. SkyeLightrider

SkyeLightrider Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 12, 2003
    ah yes, I remember that example.

One of my favorite lines Yoda speaks is "You must unlearn what you have learned". That is so true. What's the point of having knowledge if you don't apply it?

of course the best line ever: "NO! Try not! Do, or do not; there is no try"

4. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    "That is why you fail" aha, another lines where he talks regularly in OT!!

~aeryn

5. SECRETSISTER

Nov 18, 2001
    And pople are failing to keep this thread alive. Afraid? heh. You will be!

6. SECRETSISTER

Nov 18, 2001
    Pursuing my earlier task, I have been. Watched TPM last night I did. Few straight lines of significance, there were, except for "Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, Hate leads to the Dark Side" (quote that right, did I?)

To Skye's topic, this also relates. Terrible, Hate is. Blackens, it does, one's outlook on life. Affects the 'hater' it does. Chilling to the heart and soul, it is.
    Release it into nothingness, one must, lest it eats away at the goodness in you.

7. lightsaber_wielder

lightsaber_wielder Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2002
    Join this fan club, may I?

8. SECRETSISTER

Nov 18, 2001
    Why not, I don't see. Welcome, all are. Page two, you should check for MasterBrett's rules, though heard from him lately, we have not. A member, consider yourself.

9. lightsaber_wielder

Jan 24, 2002
    Thanks. :D

Has anyone read The Shadow Trap? Because implies, the cover does, that Yoda get some cool action!

10. A-WingsRule

A-WingsRule Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    Hi, l_w. Hopefully a full-scale Yodas of Mass Destruction war won't erupt here.

11. lightsaber_wielder

Jan 24, 2002
    Oh, don't worry too much, it shouldn't. Just in case you wanted to know, the whole Muffin Weapons of Mass Destruction and the anti- version was all thought up by Iron_Fist and I to liven muffin fights up a bit. Anyway, that's off-topic. Oh, BTW, if Yoda gets some action in The Shadow Trap, just PM me with the info, so as not to spoil any Yoda fans who haven't read the book yet. :)

12. SECRETSISTER

Nov 18, 2001
    Save myself from spoilers, I will, thank you. Dusty this thread has become. Forgotten it was on page 3. Sorry, I am, Master.

13. SECRETSISTER

Nov 18, 2001
    Back on page 3 it is again! Researching our Master, is anyone? New insights, are there? Questions? Ponderings? Silliness? Green 10 craves these things!

14. SECRETSISTER

Nov 18, 2001
    *comes before the Master and sits cross-legged on floor with eyes lowered, patiently waiting for his acknowledgement. Yoda looks up and smiles*

Yoda: Speak, my child. Curious you are, about something?

SS: Yes, my Master. I was wondering if, in the annals of history, there is some writing or rememberance that could tell me how the Corellian System came to be where it is.

Yoda: Ah, A story, you ask of me! Most unusual, this is!

SS:: Do you know the story, Master? I am most interested in our worlds, and I can find no answer to my question.

*the Master gazes in thoughtful contemplation*

Yoda: Hmmm. Old this event is, and lost from the written annals. Past, have many years, since I have thought upon these events. Time you must give me, to search my mind, young accolyte. Go now, and return when my call you hear in your mind.

SS: Yes, Master. I will meditate to clear my mind and attend to my training. Thank you Master. *rises and silently leaves room.*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.