main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vancouver My Opinion on ROTS

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Master_Ikrik, May 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Ikrik

Master_Ikrik Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2004
    As a fan of Star Wars, i was dissapointed with ROTS, i can't describe my emotions with this terrible movie. As I was watching this i felt ripped off, and i was disgusted with George for destroying my sense of pride in Star Wars. I can list some good things about it though.

1. Anakin kicks serious butt, with his super trippy lightsaber moves.
    2. The ships rock and i liked the transition between the ships.
    3. The planets were awsome, i loved alot of the creatures were incredible.
    4. The wookies, yes, the wookies
    5. Palpatines voice changing like an angsty teenager
    6. The scene were Darth Vader is just appearing, and all you see is his entire helmet, that for me was all the movie was about.

AND i can list the bad things.

1. The acting, where do i start for this one?
    I. Every scene between Anakin and Padme was so incredibly terrible "I love you" "I love you more" "hee hee hee", "Hold me like you used to back on Naboo, before the politics, before the war" AYA!
    II. The adoption scene was so bad, Bail Organa, if that was his name, saying "Me and my wife, always considered adopting a baby girl" was so bad, and really forced.
    III. Every time Obi-Wan said "Younglings" that to me, was proof that George Lucas has lost it

2. The miniatures looked, like miniatures, and that easily could have been changed.

3. Grevious is coughing all the time, and seems to have a hard time getting around alot, but as soon as he pulls off his cloak to fight Obi-Wan he suddenly kicks butt. "Dad, he died of heartburn" And the windmill attack just was so cool, but so bad.

4. Palpatine, i thought the acting of him trying to twist Anakin didn't prove to me that he was twisting him.

5. Anakin being angsty and angry all the time wasn't to me necessary for his turn to the dark side.

6.The "NOOOO!!!!!!!!!" at the end, i laughed SO hard when i heard that and the kid next to me looked at me really funny. It was really, really comedic to hear that timeless voice cry "NOOO!!!"

7. Obi-Wan having no recollection of the droids that he worked with so well. he would have remembered R2 or 3PO.

8. R2 kicking serious butt, that was terrible, he can't do any of that trippy stuff later, the begging scene where he kills the droid and then lights it on fire with his super, duper, gadgetturbo-thrusters made me go "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING, IDIOT!"

9. The fact that the ships in EP3 are WAY WAY cooler and better then in EP 4, 5, or 6 really, really bugged me.

10. The vulture ships in the begging sounded like Jawas, and that was stupid.

11. The adoption scene was so forced and didn't convey any significance at all.

12. The "I hate you!" yelled out by Anakin was an incredibly crucial part of this movie, but it was garbled and didn't carry enough emotion.

13. All Padme did was whine and complain, that is not the girl who she used to be.

That's my two cents, and if anyone wants to contradict me or tell me that i'm wrong, go ahead.

2. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    That's my two cents, and if anyone wants to contradict me or tell me that i'm wrong, go ahead.

Oh, you're lucky I've done that enough of that over the course of the past week. ;)

3. TheForgottenJedi

TheForgottenJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2004
    Your crazy! :p

Iam not going to go through all your points but I argee what you said about the A/P scenes. Though the convo after Anakin sees the vision was the only one I didn't mind.

The duels were fantastic and I feel the stuff said after the Kenobi/Skywalker is some of the most powerful stuff to come out of Star Wars.

And Padme defintly has a right to complain, not only is her husband turning into a Sith right infront of her eyes. She is carrying twins and is close to giving birth. I have gathered that this is a VERY stressful time for woman so her whiny state is acceptable. :p

4. Azeria_Jade

Azeria_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2001
    Padme was kinda whiny, but remember she is pregnant with twins. Lots of hormonal stuff going on there. My excuse for her anyway.

5. SquallLeonhart

SquallLeonhart Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2004
    Best part of the movie was BOGA!!! Seriously. And if you don't know who Boga was, SHE was the lizard-mount that Obi-Wan used on Utapau...TO KICK GRIEVOUS' SKIDPLATE!!!

6. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    Best part of the movie was BOGA!!! Seriously. And if you don't know who Boga was, SHE was the lizard-mount that Obi-Wan used on Utapau...TO KICK GRIEVOUS' SKIDPLATE!!!

Yeah. Then she got her keister blown to Kingdom Crumbs by Cody and the clones.

GO CLONES! [face_devil] :p

7. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    Oh man... I dunno why but Boga annoyed the hell outta me. Everytime I saw her on screen I just KNEW she was gonna use that same horrid animal cry of hers, which apparently was the only sound clip they had and kept replaying it over and over and over again..........

And yeah there were some things I liked about the movie and some things that annoyed me. All I have to say that it's probably the best outta the prequels but still doesn't hold a candle to the Orignals.

I also wished there were a few more scenes concerning the baby twins considering their importance... It was just... They were born, their fates are decided, they're taken to their respective foster families.

MEH.

8. Azeria_Jade

Azeria_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2001
    Yay! Our jade angel is back!........ Again....

Gonna come to the next activity?

9. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    Yeah RotS blah blah :p

Hey, I do visit these boards on occasion, I just you know, keep forgetting to post.

10. SithLord-Mixo

SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 21, 2002
    lol when has Star Wars been known for its acting?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.