main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive My own designs (updated Nov 8th... although not SW)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by CucumberBoy, Mar 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Wow, the roboter looks awesome - but pretty mean. Don't want to meet it in a dark street at night.------It has Anakin's hand. [face_worried]
    :p [face_laugh]
    But it still looks great! =D=

2. NLSkywalker

NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    [face_love] The corridor with column is utterly my fancy!

3. CucumberBoy

CucumberBoy Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 11, 2007
    I just reformated my computer after a hd crash. So all my ongoing work has bee lost! [face_dancing]

4. Darth_Sidious-

Darth_Sidious- Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 14, 2005
    Not usually a reason to be cheerful lol

5. CucumberBoy

Mar 11, 2007
    Yeah I know - I'm really pissed as a matter of fact

6. CucumberBoy

Mar 11, 2007
    Oh and FalconFan - I see what you mean - but I'm afraid you're wrong. See the shape of the pillars as sort of a half circle (although not quite in this case)- where the rounded side is inside and the flat side is outside. See?

7. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    I like how a lot of these are really smooth and not hard edged 'cause blocky spaceships make space elves unhappy(er) XD

Hehehe it's an organic swoop.

8. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    "I see what you mean - but I'm afraid you're wrong. See the shape of the pillars as sort of a half circle (although not quite in this case)- where the rounded side is inside and the flat side is outside. See?"

...Sort of...it's just the way my eye is perceiving it, I guess...

I'm so sorry to hear about the crash--man, that sucks! I hope you'll be able to regroup--that particular disaster hasn't "visited" me yet...I hope it never does! Best of luck getting back in the swing!

FF

9. CucumberBoy

Mar 11, 2007
    Thanks kecen, that's just what I'm trying to do - so it was nice to hear that.

And FalconFan, it's obviously the most important thing that one should be ably to see all the shapes att a first look. I would try to fix that if I still had the painter document.

Anyway - here's my latest

[image=http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs17/f/2007/131/e/d/Wookie_craft_by_CucumberBoy.jpg]

The story is a cooperation between the wookies and the republic. So it's sort of the wookie style but the overall shape looks pretty modern...

Does anyone know why I can'tedit my first message? I wanted to put all my thumbs there but it won't work... Maybe I should link the images instead?

EDIT: oh yeah I'm in the middle of rendering this...

10. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Hi CB--sorry I can't see your latest (dA is currently down for maintenance...)--and as to editing your thread, here you go:

Go to your very first post (the first one you did), hit the "Edit Message" button at the bottom of that post; the post will open, and then you can edit anything in it. To add links or thumbnails, just go to the body of the message and add in what you want--then you can hit the "Preview" button, and check to make sure it all went through before you post the change. Be sure to add in a note like "Index, Pg. 1" to the Subject line as well--that way everyone knows all your work is listed in one place. Hope that helps!

FF

11. CucumberBoy

Mar 11, 2007
    Yeah I know how to do it just doesn't seem to work.

Damn dA...

12. CucumberBoy

Mar 11, 2007
    I changed it back to what it used to be because it wsa too damn confusing.

13. CucumberBoy

Mar 11, 2007
    [image=http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs17/f/2007/132/9/0/Wookie_Fighter_rendered_by_CucumberBoy.jpg]

I'm happy with the result. What do y'all think?

14. NLSkywalker

NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    Great work on mixing the color on the background[face_love]

15. CucumberBoy

Mar 11, 2007
  16. CucumberBoy

Mar 11, 2007
    [image=http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs17/f/2007/133/e/f/Republic_Walker_by_CucumberBoy.jpg]

Obviously pretty rough - but the idea is that the shape of the main fuselage is based on the phase II helmet. Looks kind of comical if you imagine a clone trooper beside it. It's also a bit like the at-st

17. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Ooo! Awesome Wookiee ship! Love the "organic" look to it (much as I would expect from nature-loving creatures like Wookiees). In the final render, the colors are wonderful--but isn't the craft's right wing still unfinished...? We have a nice solid look to the left wing, but the right still looks like the original lineart... And the new vehicle design looks very cool: does it fly as well (**wonders about the nacelles at the top**)? Talk about something that would be versatile: it could fly into the battle zone, land, then travel overland "on foot." Love the little "figure" down there by the foot (...for scale, right?)! ;) A very interesting take on the original AT-ST.

FF

18. CucumberBoy

Mar 11, 2007
    Thanks a lot.

Well my major influences are concept artists such as Ryan Church and Feng Zhu and the tend to do that sometimes; not finishing the entire thing I mean. The idea is that the brain automaticly realizes by the shape of the lines that that is the same thing as the left wing. That's what my brain tend to do anyway - maybe it's just lazy:p

I thought it looked allright but now I've had two complaints about it so maybe I should do something about it...

And about the walker - those things on the top were supposed to be some sort of artillery (that's why I made the walker so big). but I realizes there's no way for the nozzles to turn. :D

And yes he's there for scale ;)

19. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    You've got some very cool stuff in here, CucumerBoy. I really like that wookiee/republic ship! The colored version is fantastic.

20. CucumberBoy

Mar 11, 2007
    An enviroment concept. I'm currently working on a city located on the bottom of the gorge.

[image=http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs18/f/2007/135/0/7/Planet_concept_by_CucumberBoy.jpg]

Hope you like it!

21. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Kewl!! :cool: Love the idea--sort of like a Grand Canyon-sized gap...wonderful perspective here. Can't wait to see how you put the city into that canyon...

And re: your "stylistic" choice not to finish the painting of the Wookiee ship: no--not laziness at all, particularly if it's a stylistic choice. I'm only passingly familiar with the work of the artists you mentioned (I do know they're gifted concept artists)--my guess would be that some of the pieces they do might have partial finishes to them due primarily to time constraints in pre-production schedules (which, I'm assuming, would be where a majority of their concept art is required/produced). To me, the incomplete painting looks unfinished--to someone more familiar with concept-type art, it might be perfect. Your style is your choice--don't change it unless you really want to! ;) :D

FF

22. CucumberBoy

Mar 11, 2007
    I made a few changes to the enviroment piece. Moslty correcting the colours and textures - exept this I haven't really done much. Lots of school. But when the summer holidays come I plan to draw a lot (mostly on paper though because I don't feel like sitting in front of the computer all summer).

[image=http://ic3.deviantart.com/fs16/f/2007/138/b/8/Planet_concept_by_CucumberBoy.jpg]

23. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Ooo! I like the way you're bringing this along--the texturing to the interior walls of the canyon are wonderful, particularly the inner "lip" and the vertical striations. Very realistic!

You wrote: "But when the summer holidays come I plan to draw a lot (mostly on paper though because I don't feel like sitting in front of the computer all summer)."

Bravo!! It's always good to take up the traditional media, even for digital artists! I'll be looking forward to seeing some of your sketches and drawings!

FF

24. CucumberBoy

Mar 11, 2007
    It doesn't look star warsy but I'll post it anyways:

[image=http://ic3.deviantart.com/fs16/f/2007/147/b/f/Maintainance_craft_by_CucumberBoy.jpg]

Some sort of ship that flies around fixing stuff :eek:

25. CucumberBoy

Mar 11, 2007
    [image=http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs16/f/2007/148/a/9/Maintainance_Craft___color_by_CucumberBoy.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.