main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive My Poster

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Scaevola, Apr 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scaevola

Scaevola Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2004
    I apologize if this doesn't belong here.
    This is my first and (probably) only attempt to make a Star Wars poster. I wanted something that encapsulates the whole saga and what it's about, and I wanted it to be Black and White. Unfortunately, I could not find anything like that to buy, so I tried to create my own. What do you think?

http://img19.imageshack.us/my.php?image=poster3hu.jpg

I would really love to print this out to hang on my wall. Does anyone know where/how I can get it printed?

2. Nefarious_21

Nefarious_21 Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2006
    Hey Scaevola, Welcome to Fan Art!
    Awesome poster- I like stuff like that looks best in black and white- it really gives it a bolder look. Although I'm not sure- I think you can print it on ur computer, and then bring it to kinkos to get it done bigger. You should do another poster- or some wallpapers- I'd like to see what you could do with color!

-NeF

3. ShrunkenJedi

ShrunkenJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 26, 2003
    I agree in taking to a professional copy place; I'd take over a very high quality file of the image, though; large, high quality .jpg or .pdf.

4. Darth_Numanus

Darth_Numanus Jedi Master star 2

Feb 22, 2002
    that poster is AWESOME! i'd love to see a bigger version if it exists.

on the subject of getting it printed, you'd need to take it to a professional printers and they'd probably want it in a HUGE resolution.

-num

5. Scaevola

Scaevola Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2004
    Thanks. I took my time on that to try and get it right.

I tried to print it off www.zazzle.com, (a professional printing site) but they said it violated copyright laws.

Have you ever printed anything from professional sites and not been flagged?

6. Darth_Numanus

Darth_Numanus Jedi Master star 2

Feb 22, 2002

i've printed a star wars poster before but i was working at a print company at the time so i was kinda my own boss at the time.
    -num

7. Nidrail

Nidrail Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2005
    ScaVola, Welcome to fan art! That is a STUNNNINGG poster!!! OMG that is Fantastic!!!! That one's going on me deskytop! :)
    As for printing it, Kinko's is great, I think, if you can get the file on a disk of any kind and take it to the place, I believe that they will print it just fine. I haven't done any of that in a while, but that's how my mom used to print color things that were very large.

Hope it helps, and if you make anything else, please post! That one is so very nice!

Take care and God bless!
    ~N

8. Excalibur14

Excalibur14 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2006
    Hi and welcome the Boards. I have to say I really like your poster. Good Composition and as someone mentioned, the black and white really pops out at you.

As far as printing, make sure your poster is roughly 300 dpi or more. (I usually go with 750) Kinkos is ok at printing these formats...but can be very expensive at times, especially if you want to print it on a high quality photo glossy stock (brings more detail out), Maybe try a MinuteMan Press if you have one in your area...Independent print shops do wonderful work and they will adjust your image accordingly to make it look right, but tend to be on the expensive side as well.
    Also if you want this to be poster sized (roughly 27x36) you would maybe have to leave it over night and pick it up the next day.

Just some words from experience!

Good luck!

Excalibur14

9. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Hi Scaevola! [:D] Welcome!
    That poster looks great, I would also love to see more work from you. I'm sure you'll do a great job on wallpapers and such. Just try it! :)

10. Flames

Flames Jedi Master star 2

Apr 18, 2006
    I second that, Scaevola. I love Saga posters and I think you did a splendid job with this one. Good thoughts, good composition, good picture quality. What more could you ask for?

Scaevola - he's good
    /Flames

11. Scaevola

Scaevola Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2004
    Wow. Thanks for all the kind words. I really appreciate it.

Thanks also for the suggestions on printing. I'm trying another online site call perfectposters.com. If that doesn't work, I'll try Kinkos. I know there is one of those in town. I've never heard of MinuteMan Press, so I kind of doubt we have one. But then again, I'm new to the whole professional printing thing.

12. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Wonderful poster, Scaevola. If you don't have a Kinkos were you live try Staples. My local staples does poster size prints, but they are EXPENSIVE. The smallest poster was about $50 and a real big poster I think was in the hundred dollar range. But everything is expensive where I live, so it may be cheaper in other locations.

AG88

13. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    What a beautiful poster Scaevola!! =D= You did precisely what you set out to do: encompass the entire saga. I love the composition, with the two central characters, and then some of the pivotal moments--and it looks just fabulous in black-and-white! Great job--and good luck with the enlargement process. And welcome to the forum!

FF

14. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    I loved it, great job Scaevola=D= =D= =D=.

15. LordNeo

LordNeo Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2004
    not bad! :D good use of the pics and the black and white

keep it up, hopefully we'll see some more from you

16. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    I love the poster, Scaevola!
    Excellent work! =D=

C @};- S

Thread Status: