main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

My Problem With SW Viewers...

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Scryer, Dec 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scryer

Scryer Jedi Padawan

Dec 26, 2012
    I know I am bias when it comes to the opinions of the whole saga but I just simple can't understand how anyone can flat out hate the saga. It has a little bit of everything for all genre fans: Romance, action, mystery, crime, sci-fi (obviously), comedy, drama, etc. Now, I know there is a lot about the EU and beyond that I do not know, but I do know a lot and there is such an intricate story behind everything and everyone. It probably has more going on than any other story/series that I can think of. If only people would just give it a chance, they will see that there is something for everyone. Hell, there is even life lessons to be learned!

Thoughts? Comments? Anyone have a story to tell that involves turning someone towards the epicness that is STAR WARS?!

2. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    Some people like to hate just to hate - they are antagonists, who like to stir up the pot with disagreements. I know plenty of people like that. Also, alot of people view Star Wars as 'uncool', and god forbid they like something which isn't 'cool'.

3. Scryer

Scryer Jedi Padawan

Dec 26, 2012
    This is true, sadly. Even if it's not at a Justin Beiber status, that shouldn't deter people away from it. This saga is a great insight into our history as a country and as a planet. All great civilizations reach a peak that can be toppled by one event/person which is--to reference Master Windu--the Shatterpoint of said civilization. It is also a lesson to be learned about not repeating mistakes and learning from our history.

4. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    some people just don't like star wars

it isn't blasphemy you know :p

5. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    :eek::mad::eek:

[face_not_talking] [face_devil] Off with their heads[face_devil] [face_not_talking]

[face_plain] @};-@};-@};-@};-@};-@};-@};-@};-@};-[face_plain]

:p Kidding.

LordMortis315 and Julius Vernon like this.
  6. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    "I hate it because everyone loves it." - hater "logic". :p

Julius Vernon likes this.
  7. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    I wonder how many people just act like they hate it so people dont perceive them as lame...

8. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Seriously Non Sequitur

9. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I've met people who have never seen a Star Wars movie!:eek: I don't trust those people. I am pretty sure they are actually Morlocks wearing ooglith masquers to make them appear human. That must be it because they obviously have been living under a rock for the past 35 years. ;)

I was at a book signing for one of Karen Traviss' novels and there was an older woman in the audience that obviously never ever heard of the Star Wars movies or the novels. She was asking Karen questions like, "Does your story take place on Earth? Is this a book about aliens?"

I'm not saying you have to like the saga or even see it...but I can't figure out how you can live in the USA and never HEARD of Star Wars. We have Star Wars everything from Happy Meal toys, to disco songs on the radio. In the '70s the newscasts were always reporting about the blockbuster movie that people are standing in lines for hours to see.

10. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    They must be politicians ;)

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  11. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012

I was with you until the end...

Jedi_Lover and benknobi1 like this.
  12. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Someone take a screencap of a site with lots of SW hate and caption it "Some people just want to watch the world burn".

13. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    It's easy to realize there are people not familiar with STAR WARS. Each one of us is unaware of something that is widely popular either because we haven't looked into it or just don't care to notice it being mentioned or referenced around us all our lives. Sometimes it comes from not liking people who like something and just avoiding it. I've avoided movies/stories because they seemed too big and long-established to bother getting into it.
    I guess this topic is about having problems with various types of "SW Viewers."
    I can't stand the ones who don't care about STAR WARS or haven't seen it, but then I look around months or a year or so later and see them making references and sharing pictures and news stories about it, not because they finally saw it and liked it and it changed their world, but simply because they got into a relationship with a fan and are just pandering. Most people's relationships are like that. It's not being genuine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.