main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

My problem with the MODS

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by CountVader28, Mar 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CountVader28

CountVader28 Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2005
    What the heck is with the MODS? They are so despotical and oppressive when it comes to expressing one's self! We have First Amendment rights in America and I think as the greatest nation to ever grace the face of the Earth we should honor the ideas that the country was founded on! As a forum to express our thoughts and ideals we should never have to live in fear of banishment from some cyber overlord.

In conclusion, I'd like to call for the abolishment of all MODs.

Thank you.

C.V.

Hello, guy I just banned a few hours ago!

First of all, I'm glad you took this up the correct way, with an unban request, and not doing something wrong -- like bothering the whole forum with a private matter, or even worse, coming back and reregistering as a new name when banned.

Oh wait.

Anyway, not only is your little attempt to hide behind the First Amendment completely faulty, given that this is (1) a private institution and (2) the Internet, as pointed out below, but you broke board rules in a major way and are continuing to do so. So I'm gonna ban this little sock and lock this thread.

2. rybot

rybot Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 2003
    Wha?

3. Semi-DarkLord90

Semi-DarkLord90 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2004
    What?

-Semi

4. i_love_pie_and_pigs

i_love_pie_and_pigs Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2005
    Were you the guy that just got banned for being evil to everyone? That's why you've got a problem with the MODs.

5. GheoFabulousDuk

GheoFabulousDuk Jedi Master star 1

Sep 12, 2004
    Ok, if you're going to make a post like this, you need to support it with evidence. From what I've seen, the FanFilm mods are all very nice, and never abuse their powers. I can't vouch for other forums, but the FanFilms mods are all doing their job quite well, in my opinion. Please, point me to an instance of a mod abusing their power, if you can find one. Mods have a very important place in the forum-y world. Without them, there would be spamarchy and flame wars up the wazoo. Probably not in the fan films forum, as most of the people around here are reasonably friendly and serious... Most of them.

Also, no offense, but seeing the "Mar 05" under your name will automatically make most people take what you say with a grain of salt. Really new people tend not to know their way around much (me included).

~Duk

6. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    1) This is a private, international board. The United States Constitution does not apply here.
    2) Even if it did, you signed the terms of service waiving such rights and agreeing to play by the mods' rules.
    3) Posting here is a privilege, not a right.
    4) This is not a forum to share your thoughts and ideals. This is a forum to discuss Star Wars and related media.
    5) If you don't like it, post somewhere else.

M. Scott

7. Semi-DarkLord90

Aug 16, 2004
    What is with these 05'ers?

They all are getting very disrespectful. Though I wonder what happened to my friend who signed up the other day. Haven't seen him.

Oops, sorry, off topic.

-Semi

8. i_love_pie_and_pigs

Mar 28, 2005
    Yeah, well I registered about 3 minutes ago, I know absolute zilch about Star Wars, but hey. I'm just bored because it's nearly 2am. And I don't like his picture. :) Luv ya

9. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    We have First Amendment rights in America and I think as the greatest nation to ever grace the face of the Earth we should honor the ideas that the country was founded on!

[face_laugh]:_|[face_laugh]:_|[face_laugh]

10. flaminsheep

flaminsheep Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2004
    Screw ya'll! America is Jesus!

11. Ross_J

Ross_J Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 4, 2005
    What is with these 05'ers?

They all are getting very disrespectful.

I think this is quite unfair, just getting all the 05'ers and saying they're all idiots. You're always gonna be getting new members joining, so why not encourage them instead of insulting them. This will just make them lose their confidence, and not post any more.

I don't agree with what CountVader28 said, but don't insult all of us just because of one person.

P.S. Very well said, Adam.

12. Semi-DarkLord90

Aug 16, 2004
    So if you are Muslim, you're screwed?

I'd say America is the land of the free, with the right to freedom of religion.

But yeah, Jesus is cool too. Nothing against him.

Sorry, just had to say it.

-Semi

EDIT: Oh, sorry. Not all 05'ers. Just some.

You seem to be an intelligent poster, who knows his boundries.

But, most of this years batch, as I've seen, is a bunch of... well... incompetent fools.

I don't have anything against 05'ers, just the ones that scar the term.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

13. i_love_pie_and_pigs

Mar 28, 2005
    England rocks. Even though it's 2am...Lol.
    Yeah, CountVaer80 or whatever his name is needs some reasons

edited out unneccesary comment

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.