main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT My reasons for an original trilogy remake

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by skywalkerz, Mar 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The franchise is still alive and well and with the prequels and The Clone Wars, Lucasfilm is still producing material intended to connect with those first three films. Remakes at this point would just look like cheating the timeline, and then where would that stop? Would the prequels get remade too? Remake 4-5-6 thirty+ years later, and then they remake 1-2-3 which would then be 20 years after the original PT ended... Once again there would be people complaining about the CT coming before the PT. Remakes would just be like an admission that the CT-PT Saga is flawed. Lucasfilm isn't going to do that.
    The best and most innovative future for STAR WARS motion pictures is in interactivity, like future forms of gaming.

2. ObiAlKenobi

ObiAlKenobi Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2012
    Why remake the best three movies? Blasphemy! There would be riots at Skywalker Ranch.

Captain Tom Coughlin likes this.
  3. Duragizer

Duragizer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2009
    films, not fans. -Darth Boba

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Is there really a need to stereotype people by age? Or make assumptions that "all people of a certain age think X about the saga"?

mes520 and Adrian the Cool like this.
  5. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    There are those who believe, that Star Wars is a children's movie only and not enjoyable for everyone older than twelve years. ;)

6. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    First to skywalkerz, how dare you insult the best movie of all time, unlike today that took work it was not just throw a green screen there and done. It was real art, hundreds of people work hard for those movie to be made and till today the effects are still stunning. Also to DuracellEnergizer I am still a teenager and don't need computer graphics to impress me and if they made remake I would NEVER watch it for the life of me.

Zeta1127 likes this.
  7. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    A masterpiece cannot be remade.

Captain Tom Coughlin and eht13 like this.
  8. Samnz

Samnz Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    It's off topic, but this kind of disrespectfulness is all over the internet and it bugs me:
    the only thing "done" if you "throw a green sceen there", is a green screen there and I don't think many movies nowadays are all and only green. There is A LOT more work to do and just because it's on a computer doesn't make it less art or work.

On topic: I wouldn't mind a remake. It wouldn't change anything, we wouldn't lose anything. So what's the problem? PiettsHat's animation idea sounds interesting, just as a potential live-action reinvention.
    Don't know if I'd like it, but I don't mind remakes and would perhaps give it a chance..

Admiral_Volshe likes this.
  9. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    Yeah, I do agree with the first point there. The animators that work on a CG project are no less artists then the model makers and matte painters from older movies.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  10. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    I talking about remaking the OT not as movies as a whole.

11. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    I talking about remaking the OT not as movies as a whole.

12. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008

I agree. Despite its flaws, I would never remake any of the six STAR WARS movies.

eht13 and Zeta1127 like this.
  13. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    James Earl Jones is the only person who can play cyborg Vader voice. =D=

14. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Star wars is not a children's movies. It's filled with politics and stuff like that. Sure, children can enjoy it, but it's not just a children's movies. Older people like it too. Sci-fi is for all ages.

15. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Ah ha ha hah haa ...

Oh, that was serious?

16. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    I don't think there can every be a remake of the originals. James earl jones is Cyborg Vader. No one else can play his voice. Having a guy to walk around in Vader's body is is very easy. But his voice? No one, not even a person with a deep voice like Morgan freeman or jeremy irons, or christopher lee.

17. DRush76

Jan 25, 2008

I would say the same about all six movies. All of them have flaws. I just watched A NEW HOPE recently. Although I still enjoyed it, I found it slightly less satisfying than THE PHANTOM MENACE, which I also saw recently. This was odd to me, considering that I have always ranked ANH above TPM in the past. I don't anymore. And although both movies have their flaws, I would not remake neither of them.

18. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Yeah. Remaking the SW Saga it would be one of the worst movie making decisions ever, if not the worst.

19. jedimikey

jedimikey Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 21, 2012
    Uhmm...who the heck is this Matt Sloan person?

Sorry, but I'm too old school to even consider a remake of the OT. I'm one of those people that was annoyed by Lucas' tinkering of the OT. Han shot first, dammit!

If it ain't broke...

20. CaptainHamYoyo

CaptainHamYoyo Jedi Master star 2

Aug 18, 2011
    This thread was the first thing to spring to my mind when I heard Disney is buying LFL.

I always thought there is no way Lucas will allow the saga to get rebooted... Unfortunately he doesn't have a say in the matter anymore. :(

21. DRush76

Jan 25, 2008

Are you certain about that?

22. CaptainHamYoyo

CaptainHamYoyo Jedi Master star 2

Aug 18, 2011
    Well when I posted that, the only thing we knew at the time was Lucas sold LFL to Disney for $4 Billion, and Episode 7 was coming.

I felt a lot better about the whole thing after seeing the interview with Lucas and Kennedy. So now knowing she's still president of LFL, she probably won't let a reboot happen(animated adaptation, maybe)

23. Sethian Eber

Sethian Eber Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2012
    Re-making the originals makes no sense. SW and the OT are ingrained in popular culture. The original cast will most likely be back playing the same characters (probably in a supporting role) with the upcoming ST. GL tried to match bits of the OT with the Tantive IV, the droids, Tarkin, Vader, the Lars homestead, etc. (with some minor differences) for continuity and fan service. Re-making the OT does not fit in with this unless they're re-making the whole thing (I-VI) which considering they are starting at VII with a good chance of the original cast playing some role, it's out of the question. That and I doubt GL is done tinkering with the OT, although I do hope and one point we get a choice like Blade Runner offers. If I was going to sit down and watch them from I-VI, I probably would watch the updated versions even if I had a choice and the originals for nostalgia independently.

24. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003

have you any idea how difficult it is to make these films ? The odds of more things going wrong is far greater than getting those few things^ the way you want them .

25. Skelter

Skelter Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    I am all for remakes, as good as the OT was, it's old, and a relic. Back in the day they might have been wonderful movies with state of the art effects, but now they are just old and cheesy. They need to be brought up to par.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.