CT My reasons for an original trilogy remake

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by skywalkerz, Mar 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Darth_Nub, MOC Yak Face
  1. Lando's Little Maneuver Jedi Master

star 2
    They aren't great sequences, but it's hardly call to remake a classic. I can guarantee you that any remake would throw up its own laundry list of problems, and then you'd have to remake it all over again and again and again.
  2. KilroyMcFadden Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I have never believed the the PT fit with the OT. It would be nice to see LFL release the canon on the OT so that we could have our non whiney Darth Vader back and let them remake the anakin skywalker prophesy redemption saga however they want. Imagine a world in which we would be free to make a proper sequel, (or if the lesson hasn't been learned : prequel,) to the OT.
    Heero_Yuy likes this.
  3. DRush76 Force Ghost

star 4

I don't need to imagine a world with a proper prequel to the OT. I saw that proper prequel between 1999 and 2005.
    Last edited by DRush76, Dec 26, 2012
  4. Julius Vernon Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Some people put Chewbacca on a pedestal? I think the dollar put Chewie on a pedestal. Chewbacca and R2-D2 are centerpieces of the saga. They sell, and they will continue to do so.
    Heero_Yuy likes this.
  5. Jedi Master Thon Jedi Padawan

star 1
    A remake would be nice. However, a lot of posters want changes that would destroy the OT's canonicity. A remake with the same storyline, just a few additions. Definitely would love to see at least one alien rebel pilot (Draethos, please), Embo, and at least one scene on Mandalore. And inclusion of later introduced technology and species:
    Zabrak, Bothan, Rattataki, and Gank; some variations of the TIE Fighter and AT-PT, and something from the pointless yet ridiculously invaluable DarkStryder campaign.
  6. TOSCHESTATION Force Ghost

star 4
    Also known as, confusing "is" with "ought", or better yet:

"This IS the BEST of ALL POSSIBLE worlds!!!!" *

*......or at least, is such when it comes to Star Wars. o_O
    Last edited by TOSCHESTATION, Feb 3, 2013
  7. mes520 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Some day, yes...please don't shoot me

My idea is after the ST, they could an Old Republic Trilogy, some other spin off movies too, and then maybe remake OT
  8. BoromirsFan Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Imagine a world where people were fine with the original films instead of uselessly clamoring for creatively bankrupt remakes....
  9. JediGaskin Jedi Padawan

They should just leave the originals, I don't like the prequels. But they need to leave the originals alone, they only needed to upgrade it to blu-ray that was were they should leave it.
    Chainmail_Jedi likes this.
  10. Chainmail_Jedi Jedi Master

star 2
    What I want to say in reply to this is definitely against TOS.
    the_sinister_hologram likes this.
  11. Arawn_Fenn Chosen One

star 7
    No one is a better voice actor for Vader than James Earl Jones.

No one.
  12. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Unless anyone really wants this thread to stay open I'm gonna lock it tomorrow about this time...feel free to lodge protests.
  13. Ambervikings91 Jedi Master

star 2
    I don't think we are at a point yet where we need a remake, the films hold up well other than a few scenes in ep 4 (liek the cantina scene) but more or less they are still good films.
  14. Ambervikings91 Jedi Master

star 2
    I think it should stay open, its just his opinion
  15. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Yeah, locking. :p
    eht13 likes this.
Moderators: Darth_Nub, MOC Yak Face
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.