main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends My Redemption - my torture. Who the heck am I? (updated 4-2-04)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by lynx_and_vader, Mar 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lynx_and_vader

lynx_and_vader Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2004
    prelude:

Anakin Skywalker wandered through the foggy wasteland which was the force. He didn't know where he was going, just that he had to do something about his nagging concience. He had to do something - he had to! Well, he was dead. If not a reason, he couldnt do anything. His life had been, pretty much, wasted. He had died young and fallen hard. And now, only now, was jiminy cricket bugging him. He frowned, furrowing his blue brow, and begain to silently rage. Of course, no one could see him do such a thing. It's only supposed that Anakin Skywalker did this.

2. DARTH_MARIANA

DARTH_MARIANA Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 2004
    Looks good!

~*Mariana*~

3. lynx_and_vader

Feb 16, 2004
    I would first like to assure you that Anakin wandering through the afterlife with his nagging concience has nothing to do with the main character in this fic, Annie. I was just musing about how guilty he would be feeling. As for this fic, it is 125 years post ANH and something I've been musing over for ages.

And yes I know vader_incarnate has something similar to this on FF.net. I just found that yesterday, and this plot bunny has been with me for ages.

Chapter 1.

Annie Skatz was not at all happy about her new sleeping arangements. Her family's recent move (halfway across the Galaxy - From Corellia to Tatooine) meant she would be sharing a bedroom with her younger sister Perry for about the next... eternity. Her brother Benji got his own room, but that wasn't the point. Annie did not want to be on Tatooine. It was a desert planet. And, despite that it was her family's ancient place of origin (While you were at it, mark off Naboo, Corellia, and several other places), it was a sandy place. Sand got in shoes and between toes. On hands and in some rather unmentionable areas of one's clothing. And besides that, when the wind picked up, the rough grains of unformed glass stung. So while Perry thought over things as trifling as where to put her poster ("Not on my side of the chalk line," Annie warned her,) Annie decided to see if there was anything worthwhile on the force-forsaken planet.

She didn't get very far out the door before her brother Benji and his new friend Pallo ran over to her. "Annie," said Benji breathlessly. "We're going to go look at the old Kenobi place. Pallo says it's still there. You want to come?"

Kenobi.
    Why did that sound so familiar? She'd never heard the name in her life. Was she supposed to know that? Well, it sounded interesting, wherever it was, so she nodded. "Sure. I'll go."

Pallo grinned at Annie and Benji. "Then let's go. It's at least an hour of town."

So Annie, still wondering where she had heard the name Kenobi, followed the grinning, dark skinned boy named Pallo out into the desert.

to be continued...

4. DARTH_MARIANA

Mar 2, 2004
    Wow! So Obi-Wan's place is still there?! Wow!

Good post!

~*Mariana*~

5. lynx_and_vader

Feb 16, 2004
    AYEEEE it is still there!!!!!!!!! :)

6. lynx_and_vader

Feb 16, 2004
    Chapter 2

The hut looked very old. The hinges squealled with a hundred years of protesting rust as Pallo inched the door open. The cushions on the furniture had been preserved by the desert air, as had the other things. From the look of the home, the owner had left on a trip and never come back. Chests were open, and some things were missing.

"Ben Kenobi lived out here as a hermit about a hundred twenty years ago. He died off planet, and no one knows where he's burried."

Obi-wan had no body..., something echoed in Annie's ear, I saw him die. And there was no body.

"Who said that?" Annie asked.

"That no one knows where he's burried?" Pallo asked. "Well, we just asumed..."

Annie shook off the strange voice, which was so oddly familiar. Almost as if it were her own.

"This is cool," said Benji. "Let's keep looking around - maybe we'll find something neat!" Annie rolled her eyes at her older brother. Benji was only older than her by ten months, and they were in the same grade in school. A common misconception about Annie and Benji was that they were twins.

"Isn't this trespassing?" she asked, uneasy about the voice whispering to her.

The voice spoke again: Kenobi had no children - no heir. This house is home to only ghosts.

Ghosts? thought Annie. Surely I'm going crazy.

This room looks promising, Lets go this way! said the voice in her head. Annie found herself repeating the words outloud and opening a door. "Wonder what's in here?" she asked herself, looking for a lightswitch, turning it on, and closing the door behind her. There was a holophotoalbum on a table in the corner. She walked over to it and found the batteries were still good, so she turned on the machine and looked at the photos.

Pictures of people, pictures of aliens, pictures of planets, pictures of ships. All the pictures looked so familiar. She looked through, studying them. About half the pictures had a blonde-haired young man in them. Annie felt dizzy. She grasped for her conciousness and held on to it. The picture of the man still stared back at her with blue eyes almost identical to her own. Who was he? Something just beyond her knowledge knew his name. Knew who he was, knew what he did in his lifetime. Knew what happened to him when he died. Knew what he did in the afterlife, and even what he was doing that very second. That something said he was looking at Holos. But that something did not speak to the surface Annie. The parts she could hear. That something spoke to the deeper Annie.

I remember when they took this picture, said the voice. Annie looked around, wondering where the voice came from. For thirteen years she'd been looking for the source of the voice. Thirteen long years of life. And she hadn't found the source yet. But the voice had been there forever, complementing the thoughts she knew were her own. Sometimes she couldn't even tell the difference between the voice's oppinion and her own, they blended together like they were made to be like that.

For a long time she stared at the picture, trying to figure out who the man was, and then trying to figure out what he had to do with her.

to be continued...

7. DARTH_MARIANA

Mar 2, 2004
    Good post! Although I am confused as to what Anakin has to do with Annie.

~*Mariana*~

8. lynx_and_vader

Feb 16, 2004
    Vader: At this time time, my alter-ego Lynx would only disclose the following things:

Annie and Anakin have nothing to do with eachother.

The fact that Anakin had a guilty concience in his afterlife has nothing to do with Annie

Around the time of Annie's birth, it was fortold a jedi master was to be reborn.

Everything she tells you is a lie.

Lynx: later that afternoon, my alter ego vader would only tell me the following things:

He had a guilty concience and needed to do something

Annie and Anakin can not possibly meet. you can not meet y *muffles vader so you cannot hear him*

everything he tells you is the truth.

Everthing lynx tells you has a basis in truth. She kinda twists it.

So... who's up for chapter three?

Chapter three!

"Hey Annie!" Benji called. "Where are you?"

Annie was broken out of her trance and looked around, startled. She shut off the holoprojector and stuffed the book-sized object into her backpack. "I'm in here!" she called, opening the door and going back into the main room.

"We're going to go back to Anchorhead now," said Pallo, "Before the suns set. You coming?"

"Yeah..." said Annie.

Why can't we stay? she and the voice thought in unision. It was quite anerving when they did this because their voices sounded almost the same (except the voice-thoughts were masculine) and kind of blended together. But all that aside, Annie did not believe, refused to believe, that the voice thoughts were her own, even though the voice thoughts said what she really wanted to say alloud or couldn't remember exactly.

She spent the walk back to anchorhead burrying the thoughts deep inside her subconcious where they would, hopefully, stay. For a while at least.

to be continued

9. DARTH_MARIANA

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh, now I understand, thanks ;) and good post.

~*Mariana*~

10. lynx_and_vader

Feb 16, 2004
    Instead of a chapter, I am going to give you three terms to familiar yourself(s) with. I will only give them to you once. You can decide which 1 u like

Dybuck: a wandering spirit which shares a body with another, less powerful or equally powerful spirit.

Reincarnation: the notion that people are reborn for whatever reason.

Schitsophrenia: a mental ilness in which one goes crazt and hears voices in ones head

11. DARTH_MARIANA

Mar 2, 2004
    I like reincarnation.

~*Mariana*~

12. lynx_and_vader

Feb 16, 2004
    my friend's theory: JEDI= judge, educator, defender, inspiration.

Chapter 4.

A person in brown robes was just leaving the small house as Annie arived home. "Who was that?" she asked her mother as she closed the door.

"He was a representative from the Jedi," her mother answered. Annie knew about the Jedi. They were, to an extent, wizards, and an elite branch of the military, all at once judges, educators, and deffenders.

"Yeah? What did they want? They haven't had anything to do with us since grandmother," Benji said.

"Your boxes got here," she said. "Go unpack." Benji walked off. Annie's mother looked at her. "They think you have potential. And not just any potential. A lot of potential." Annie blinked once or twice, trying to grasp the news.

it was to be expected, said the voice.

"It's a great opportunity for you," her mother continued. "If you were to accept the offer, you would go to train at the academy on Ossus. It's an honor for our family. A long, long time ago, every child decended from your great-great-great grandfather was trained, but the talent was diluted in our line."

Annie thought it over. Accepting the offer meant she would go to Ossus. Going to Ossus meant she wouldn't have to stay on the accursed desert world of Tatooine. On the other foot, it meant she would leave her parents, her brother, and her sister.

I should go, she and the voice thought at once. She then continued independantly, Mom's right. It's a great opportunity.

"Think about it tonight and tell me if you'll go first thing in the morning. The talent scout will come back then," her mother finished. "Dinner is in the fridge. I have to go sign some forms at the real estate office." she leaned over and kissed Annie on the forehead. "Make good choices."

Three and a half standard hours later, Annie was a happy little insomniac. Perry's slow breathing told her that she was not awake.

Mother is right, it's a great opportunity{/i], said the voice. Do you have a feeling that this is Destiny?

Fate is a force stronger than gravity and more controling than inertia. chuckled Annie. Who are you, anyways? she asked the voice.

I don't remember. I just know that now I'm part of you. said the voice. We spirits are like that, you should know. I don't think we are supposed to be able to talk, because we have the same body. We're linked - the same person. I think I was a jedi when I lived myself. But I did something wrong. You keep me in check and I'll help you become more powerful than you could ever imagine.

Annie had a sense of de ja vu as she whispered to the night air. "Deal."

13. DARTH_MARIANA

Mar 2, 2004
    That's just weird, talking to yourself but then again it's a spirit.

Good post!

~*Mariana*~

14. lynx_and_vader

Feb 16, 2004
    Chapter five

Annie woke up early and tried to remember what she was so excited about. Then she saw her half-packed trunk and remembered. She finished tumbling the contents of her closet into the container and looked around for stuff she might have forgotten. Her backpack was lying on the floor where she had left it the day before, so she picked it up. It felt oddly heavy and when she opened it, she found she datapad she had taken from Kenobi's house. The datapad with the photo of the young man with blue eyes.

Take it with you, urged the voice.

Annie put it in the trunk nestled between two shirts. Across the room, Perry had woken up.

"Annie, waddaya doing?" she asked.

"Packing," said Annie, slamming the lid of the trunk and sitting on it.

"Packing? Why? Where are you going?" Perry looked confused and began to chew on her teddy ewok's ear.

"Mom'll tell you at breakfast," Annie answered.

"Do I need to pack, too?" Perry asked.

"No. I'm going on this trip alone." Well, almost completely alone. she added silently.

"But where are you going?" Perry demanded.

why can't you tell her? asked the voice.

she doesn't need to know right now, Annie mentally answered. "Want to help me get this thing down to the dining room?" Perry nodded.

"But then will you tell me?"

"We'll see," Annie said, taking the handle on one side of the trunk and hauling the entire thing onto the repolsorlift platform. She keyed a command on the remote and it floated ponderously into the hall and knocked into a wall. Benji poked his head out of his bedroom.

"What are you doing out here?" he asked, bewildered.

"Annie's going somewhere and--" She was muffled by her sister's hand.

"Shut up," Annie hissed.

"So you decided you'll go?" her mother asked from down the hall. "Annie, we're all proud of you."

"WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IN THE LOVE OF HELL IS GOING ON HERE?" Benji shouted.

"Lets all go down to the kitchen. I'll tell you over breakfast."

"Hot mush?" chirped Perry hopefully.

"Pancakes."

"YAY!"

to be continued.

15. DARTH_MARIANA

Mar 2, 2004
    All right! Annie's gonna be a Jedi!

Good post!

~*Mariana*~

16. lynx_and_vader

Feb 16, 2004
    Vader: I was able to get a little more info out of Lynx!!!!! She said:

1. the Voice is not Anakin. It is, however a seperate character with ties to Anakin

2. Voice is in accordance to the Dybuck theory.

3. Annie is a reborn, she just does not remember who she was as of now.

4. Voice is a dybuck suffering amnesia

everything she tells you is the truth.

Someone had better peice these clues together or she might just die.
    :::::
    chapter six

"Annie? A Jedi?" Benji asked. "No way. Annie's too clumsy to be a Jedi. Give her one of those laser-swords and someone's likely to loose an eye- or a head -"

"Or an arm?" Annie asked. It was supposed to be a joke but it didn't come out that way. Something seemed to strike a nerve, or a half imagined memory, or something, and sent chills up her spine.

"Yeah," said Benji. "Or an arm. I coulda come up with that!" he viciously attacked his pancake. Annie took little bites of hers, too excited to really eat much. The Jedi academy was on Ossus, across the galaxy. She looked out the window at the few stars still visible in the glare of the first half of the double sunrise and thought about how large the universe was.

You want to be the first to go everywhere in the galaxy, don't you? said Voice.

Yeah. How'd you know?

You might not remember, Annie, but I've known you a very long time.

But who are you?

I don't quite remember. But as soon as I know, I'll tell you.

Annie finished her pancake and put the plate in the sink. Then she went and sat on her trunk in the doorway, looking out the window at the street. Someone was coming up the street! A person in a rough brown cloak - it was the Jedi Scout! Annie opened the door and walked out into the sandy street. It was early, but already the air was warm.

"Hello," said the Jedi calmly. Annie looked at him, taking in his features. He was maybe about thirty years old in body, but something about him announced he was much older than that. He had red-blonde hair, buzz cut, and gray-blue eyes which seemed, to Annie, to see more than three dimensions. "You must be Annie."

to be continued...

17. Jedimaster_JainaSolo

Jedimaster_JainaSolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2003
    ATTENTION: LYNX_AND_VADER WILL NOT BE RETURNING UNTIL OCTOBER. SO REMEMBER TO CHECK IN DURING OCTOBER AND NEW POSTS SHOULD BE POSTED AND L_A_V WILL BE BACK TO HER NORMAL POSTING ROUTINE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.