main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

My Resignation

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Darth_Asabrush, Mar 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Asabrush

Darth_Asabrush Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 21, 2000
    FF-UKers

I will be stepping down this week as your RSA. The administration are in the process of looking for a member to replace me but I do not know how long this will take.
    This may result, as a temporary measure, in other RSAs popping in and modding FF-UK until a Brit can be found to do as good a job as me! :D

Cheers guys.

Stu

2. Charis

Charis Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 29, 2002
    They'll be hard pressed to find someone as good as you Stoo ;)

3. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    Aye, not a bad word has been said about Stu.

4. Dark_Elf_Queen

Dark_Elf_Queen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2002
    Sorry to see you go Stu but I have to say it's not entirely a suprise though.

5. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    You have done a great job, it will be really hard to replace you. :_|

The FF staff really wants to find a sucessor as soon as possible, and we are already working on it. I will poke my head in here until then, and if you have any problems or anything that needs to be done with the boards, don't hesitate to contact me.

:) :) :)

6. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998

I am very sad at this turn of events. I had hoped that you would stay on as a moderator even if another one was brought in. Alas, I guess the correct e-circumstances were not in place.

You were always cursed with the accusations of being the "John Major Compromise Candidate" (A term I have just made up), and have never been treated with the full friendship and e-respect that you deserve. (Which is pretty little as a Star Wars moderator! ;)) I hope that with blessed resignation, you become more appreciated, (as have Alphawolf and Commander Antilles)

With the membership of the JC-FFUK forums possibly at an all time low, I hope this does not trigger a free-for-all with eager and ambitious members all trying to align themselves within the forum for e-power. (If it hasn't started already....) What we need here is a period of consolidation as I expect membership to explode again when ep3 draws near, and we don't need another bitter feud to get in the way.

That's an aside anyway, Teach! I hope the kids in RL give you half the hassle that us grown ups have given you here. ;)

And everyone else? Remember that whichever one of you gets modded has my undying devotion and love. the others have my digust and whatever other words you can find in the dictionary under "sucking up yesman".

Yours Lovingly,

UKS

7. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    You're leaving!? :(

I think you did a GREAT job, and it's a shame to see you step down.

*hugs*

And thanks to Anne for looking in on us while a successor is sought out :D Don't forget to bring sushibeer Anne ;)

8. Ramble_Boba

Ramble_Boba Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2002
    Said it to stu personally that sad to see him go because he's done a good job. That coming from someone who has caused him much strife

9. MasterChapRimera

MasterChapRimera Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Well I think youve done a great job trying to control these boards during all the drama of the past. Well done. :)

10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    DA - sorry to see you go, but I hope we will still see you posting on the boards. Thanks for your excellent work for FF-UK.

11. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Also if you feel that there is someone here that you think could be a good RSA, don't hesitate to drop me or another FF staff a PM, and we might consider them among the other candidates. Keep it private though, and remember that an RSA should be active both at the boards and in the real life dealings of fanforce. :)

You are the members, we are here for you.

12. Veritas

Veritas Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Awh. I was here for his ascension to the throne... I didn't think I'd be here when he resigned. [face_plain]

Cheers, DA. You done good. Sad to see you go. :(

13. Yoshee

Yoshee Former RSA & CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2002
    Sorry to see you go Stu, but like DEQ said, can't say it's come as a big suprise.

Thanks for puting up with us reprobates! :p

14. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    All the best Stu !!!

15. Ripper

Ripper Jedi Master star 3

Mar 8, 2002
    thanks for being the one to make somthing of this place :)

16. Sebulba_Sloan

Sebulba_Sloan RSA Alumni star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 24, 2002
    You did good kid ;)

You'd better at least stay as a normal poster :)

17. toochilled

toochilled Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    Woah - I guess this means a flurry of posts by UKS then :p

Stick around dude. Don't leave the boards totally eh?

As for the new RSA - as long as one from the UK is picked I forsee no *major* issues.

18. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    I've not been around for a while but Stu I'm sorry to hear that you're resigning.
    You've done a good job.
    I hope whoever takes your place can do as good a job as you.

Thanks for taking your time to moderate and look after this place, believe me you have been appreciated :)

19. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998
    Toochilled: "Woah - I guess this means a flurry of posts by UKS then"

You love me really. [face_love]

ObiAnne: "and remember that an RSA should be active both at the boards and in the real life dealings of fanforce."

Me: "I hope this does not trigger a free-for-all with eager and ambitious members all trying to align themselves within the forum for e-power. (If it hasn't started already....)"

UKS

20. Jedi_Loon

Jedi_Loon Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 15, 2002
    Never really knew you dude but judging by the posts in this thread you musta been a nice guy ;)

sorry to see you go man :)

21. Stuey

Stuey Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 30, 2002
    I'm sorry to see you go, this board can be difficult sometimes and you've done a fantastic job and it will be very difficult to find anyone else as good as you to police the rabble in here :p

Thank you for all the help and you gave us guys at Plymouth in our infancy and helping us become a successful fanforce :p

don't leave the boards because you're resigning, it will be a shame to see you go

22. Voren

Voren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2002
    Hi

I am very sorry hear that you are stepping down. You have down a great deal for the UK boards and have dealt with some very difficult issues and problems. You also scored a major success in dealing with the "sock" issue.

We have gone through a very difficult time, and with your help and guidance have come through it very well.

Though I hope that you continue to post here, you contribution to the UK boards is greatly appreciated.

V.

23. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999

You did a good job, Stu.

24. toochilled

toochilled Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    Sil!

I vote for Sil as our new RSA!

//gets hit on head with brick labelled 'josh veto - once more'

25. Moylesy