My Resignation

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Silmarillion, Feb 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
  1. Lord Bane Manager Emeritus

star 5
    It was a long time ago. I reckon well past a year.
  2. big_boss_nass Force Ghost

star 4
    nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!dont go sil :_|
  3. Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Sil, you were a great moderator to both FanForce and the JC. You'll always be an asset to this or any other community.
  4. Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus

star 5
    I guess we can console ourselves with the fact that she's not leaving the boards completely. :(
  5. big_boss_nass Force Ghost

star 4
    will you be made a VIP now
  6. Lord Bane Manager Emeritus

star 5
    As an ex-mod, she has that option if she so chooses.
  7. big_boss_nass Force Ghost

star 4
  8. Princess-Leah Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 5
    Well, the few times I asked for your assistance you were only happy to give it. I have found that you have been fair and even in your temperament.
    Volunteering isn't an easy job, even if you DO enjoy it.

Too bad it happened this way.

Thank you Sil,
    Leah
  9. Vertical Former Head Admin

star 6
    I'm very sorry to see you go, Sil. I'm also very sorry that my momentary error of not realizing the different IP situation led to some of this, but we're all a little jumpy thanks to the whole DP situation.

And although I agree that DP is not the *whole* problem, I have to disagree with the idea that he only posts hypocritical things. Perhaps you just haven't seen the latest thread he ripped and posted at E-X. DP is not a simple looking-glass into the mod world... He is not an unbiased source of info. He shows only what he wants to show, and portrays it how he wants to portray it. He's no saint, and he has an agenda.

Anyway. I'm very sorry about all of this, as I've told you privately, and I do hope to be a part of positive change around here. It will be harder to do without you, but I'm sure we are all only more resolved to do it because we're losing good people like you.

Hope to see you soon,

Vertical
  10. HL&S Magistrate Emeritus

star 6
  11. Admiral Thrawn Jedi Youngling

silly willy [face_love] ,
    will u plz ban gherry b 4 u r demoted.

k, thx, bye.

;)
  12. exar-tull Force Ghost

star 5
    bye sil hate to see you go.
  13. Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Silmarillion, you were a great admin. Having you here brightened up these boards. I'm just glad that you're not leaving completly.

(Just remeber one thing...my bid for you in the aucton is far superior to any other.)
  14. Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod

star 6
    sorry to see you stepping down. you were great. :(

this is going to sound incredibly strange, that what exactly is Episode-X and why is it a problem???? ?[face_plain] ?[face_plain] ?[face_plain] ?[face_plain] ?[face_plain]
  15. PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Dearest Silmarillion,

I've got a tear going down my face... only because something was stuck in it. Still, I should be crying. Crying because this whole matter was royally screwed up and could of been handled better. I'm sorry for red-flagging things and starting this mess. I wish the circumstances and the state of your feelings would be different than what they are now. Please don't be a stranger.

A fan,
    PreacherBoy
  16. HL&S Magistrate Emeritus

star 6
    Episode X isn't the problem. DarthPsychotic and some of theforce.nets staf is..
  17. Obi-Wan69 Jedi Master

star 4
    Bob's banned?!

:eek:

What a bunch of horse-****.

This place has been in decline for a long time, and we're close to hitting the bottom. I still love most of the members here, but things just 'aint the way they used to be, on a number of levels.

Sorry to see you leave Sil, but I totally understand why, and I hope everything works out and you're back as an admin eventually.

;)

Quick question though for Vert. Now, I know you're a cool cat...one of my favorites admins, so what caused you to react so suddenly and harshly to something as trivial and unconsequential as a different IP address? It's downright baffling.

?[face_plain]
  18. Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod

star 6
    yes, I figured that much from reading threads around here and in the JCC...but what exactly is it???? I'm not a spoiler person...is it a spoiler site? that could explain it... ?[face_plain]
  19. legacyAccount Jedi Youngling

sil- thank you, not only for all the hard work you've put into the JC, but also for respecting the regular user enough to tell us why you've decided to leave. rather than hiding behind crypic messages and avoiding questions, you've been honest with us, and i know that i'm not the only one who appreciates that.
  20. Obi-Wan69 Jedi Master

star 4
    Liz, Episode-X is a SW site that has recently become very big, as a lot of the former TFN spies have fled there for whatever reason, and they've been coming out consistently with huge scoops and spoiler reports, putting TFN to shame for the most part. On top of them whooping TFN in that department (hey, I'm not necessarily pro episode-x, but that's what they've been doing), there was already bad blood between the two sites, as there is between TFN and just about every other major SW site on the net.
  21. Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod

star 6
  22. Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Yeah it's huge. They have upwards of 3 new topics a day on Episode 2 alone.
  23. Vertical Former Head Admin

star 6
    To explain my initial confusion over the IP address:

I saw the screen cap at Episode-X, and saw that the addition to the usernotes that were 'snapshotted' was added merely hours before the snapshot was taken. This seemed odd. So, I went to Sil's profile here. For admins, it lists the last IP that user logged in as in their profile. I ran an IP check on that profile. It came up with only Silmarillion.

I then went into the admin log, and looked for the entry for when Sil added the user note. It was added by a completely different IP. When I did a search on *that* IP, it did not come back with Silmarillion at *all*, but rather, three completely different socks which I'd never seen. I immediately feared her account had been compromised due to the odd timing coincidence of her addition to the notes in relation to their being posted, and due to the fact that the notes were added from a different IP than her most recent one, and from an IP that did not come back as one that Sil had logged on as "Silmarillion" from. Concerned, I emailed the other admins, and the decision was made (I did not make the decision) to change her access temporarily, just in case.

I then continued my research, and found that it was indeed her second IP, and that the three socks listed were hers. I relayed this info, but it was a little late, and we all decided to just wait for Sil to wake up to clear it up. PreacherBoy said he'd handle it, and I left it at that. I wrote Sil a long email explaining what happened, and that I was very sorry, and that it was probably all a misunderstanding.

I tried to let her know what was up the next day, but I didn't know any more than she did. I was in the dark as well.

Vertical
  24. Jedi_Tabee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    :_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

NOOO!!!

*sniff* I'm goina go find a corner and cry :(
  25. Admiral Thrawn Jedi Youngling

calling darthpsychotic a Internet Terrorist and then calling Episode-X the Internet Afghanistan is going to far.

dp exposed the modsquad for the drama club it is.
    dp also exposed the Refuge Ezboard conspiracy.

let's take a look at what happened this Saint Valentines Week:

PreacherBoy, though still a mod, was moved from being a dedicated forum moderator to a TFN Games "Reporter".

Sebulba-X left as a fanforce mod under questionable circumstances by TFN Staff.

BobaFemme apparently after having enough of this "martial law" left as well.

Silmarillion now leaves us on Saint Valentines day.

Now let's take a look at who's left.
    The Refuge Mods, who are still bitching about darthpsychotic, in this very thread.

I have a solution, bring back the JC Super Duper Member Council or whatever, where some select JC members were brought in on the decision-making process in the, haha, "Golden Age/Pre-Episode 1" JC days.

Get off this Ahab/Moby Dick obsession with dp. I mean really, saying darthpsychotic is Internet Terrorist.

darthpsychotic is a Internet Gangster.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.