main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

My Resignation

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Silmarillion, Feb 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthKlown2

DarthKlown2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 17, 2000
    No PreacherBoy the FUN part is that if I had said to you what you just said to me, I would have been banned. You are ScottJosh's whipping boy so nothing ever happens when YOU break forum rules.

Patrick

2. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    blah blah blah preachboy evil blah blah blah preacherboy no tact blah blah blah preacherboiy everything that is worng with the universe blah blah blah.

3. DarthKlown2

Nov 17, 2000
    I had a post disapear!

Patrick

4. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    POOF! You're a magician.

5. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    Behold the power of the Preach

6. DarthKlown2

Nov 17, 2000
    Ah screw it.

Patrick

7. PreacherBoy

PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 3, 1998
    Vertical removed quite a few of your posts, judging by the Admin Action Log. Perhaps you said something that was uncalled for? I'll let him explain and I'd appreciate it if you didn't try to indirectly say that I was removing your posts only because I don't like you. On the contrary, I couldn't care less about your feelings of me. You're one of a few hundred of a minority of a few ten thousand.

8. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    PB is to blame for everything that goes wrong. I overslept today and its all PB's fault.

9. PreacherBoy

Aug 3, 1998
    I do it, because I care.

10. Vertical

Vertical Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 6, 1999
    You're one step ahead of me, PB. I just sent a PM to DK explaining why I did it.

Vertical

11. PreacherBoy

Aug 3, 1998
    I'm one step ahead of everybody, and everybody hates me because of it. I'm so ahead, I can live with that.

12. DarthKlown2

Nov 17, 2000
    It was Royalguard96 that indirectly said it was you not me. And I know what I said that had vert remove the posts. Kinda funny.

And DDH....ah, once again, screw it. You REALLY arent worth the time or energy.

Patrick

13. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
  14. Vertical

Vertical Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 6, 1999
    Thanks for understanding, DK.

Also, PB, being one step ahead isn't always a good thing. If we run out of sidewalk, you're the first to go.

:D

Vertical

15. PreacherBoy

Aug 3, 1998
    Blah blah blah, <make accusations>, blah blah blah...

Blah blah blah, <try to run off with the last word>, blah blah screw it!

I like this format. Care if I borrow it?

16. PreacherBoy

Aug 3, 1998
    Vertical- I'm willing to set examples; bad and/or good. I still have my sanity after taking this sort of heat for 3 years. I still love the Star Wars community. Can anyone else say that?

17. DarthKlown2

Nov 17, 2000
    Add a flame in there PB and that is already your normal posting format.

Patrick

18. PreacherBoy

Aug 3, 1998
    You forgot to add "screw it!"

19. DarthKlown2

Nov 17, 2000
    You're once step ahead of everyone remember?

Of course that isnt the form that I would use.

Patrick

20. Soggy-Ben Doggy

Soggy-Ben Doggy Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 9, 1999
    Sorry to see you go Silmarillion, but I do commend you on your courage to stand up and speak out on what's right. :)

As for this DP stuff -- as so many others have stated already, he's not the problem.

Why? Because corruption begins within and then spreads outward. If there's a mole, then s/he is someone who's still within your inner sanctum, with a smug smile on their face, feeling very safe and secure. Most likely it's the person who's been doing the most finger pointing trying to implicate others and diverting everyone's attention elsewhere.

DP is only the reflection of the corruption within.

21. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    That is the biggest load of crap I've read all week. Of course he's the problem. He illegally hacked into various messageboards and he didn't do it for some high minded ideals as exposing "corruption". Corruption. It's a message board! Get over yourselves. He did it to make internet friends because he's a loser. And every person who's ever been banned here or suffers from message board envy jumps on the bandwagon.

22. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    When I was banned, I refused to accept it as legit and posted as various socks. I still have the e-mails where the validity and sanity of the EUDF was debated (cause of my banning was related to one of their first missions). But I didn't hate the JC for it. I hated Chyren. :D

Besides, back then, there was no bandwagon to jump on; no SW message boards of any quality existed aside from here (essentially).

23. Soggy-Ben Doggy

Soggy-Ben Doggy Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 9, 1999
    That's exactly right Padme Bra, this is just a message board and nothing more -- one among a million others on the internet. I really don't understand the attitude you've just displayed towards me, nor do I appreciate it. I suppose in your book, I'm just another stupid 13 year old who's immature and doesn't have the capacity to understand how life operates.

Perhaps you could explain to me why is it's preceived that anyone who leaves this place is considered to be a nobody with no friends? That's a totally ridiculous concept.

And for the record, in no way do I condone hacking of any sort nor do I commend DP for what he's done. However, as I've tried to point out before, there is a reason why he's doing it. Plain and simple, something happened, which he felt was unjust in some way. Thus -- he's a reflection.

* If you pull a dog's tail, it'll snap back.

24. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    It never fails to amaze how people can turn somthing so sincere and important into a free for all wrestling match. This is the farewell thread for close friend of mine and everyone feels they can jump in to use it as ammunition in their own little agenda's.

I find it similar to a food fight at a wake.

Now shall we get back on topic?

You were one of the first people to send me a PM and talk to me off the boards when I turned up, Kerryn and I like to think we've become pretty close friends since then. You were probably one of the driving forces behind my promotion and all I can do is sincerely thank you for that. You were a great mod and more than that, you are still a great friend. You'll always have a place here at the JC....and in the Australian New Board Order once it gets going ;)

25. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Sil, I would like to say thank you very much for being the moderator that you were. You really did a fantastic job at this place and I will always respect you very much for what you did here.

While I may understand some of your reasons for resigning, I have to admit that I'll miss you as a mod. Once again, I want to extend my sincere thanks, and I hope to see you around often all the same.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.