main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ My Resignation

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SWNZ, Jul 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Hi Guys

Just thought I?d let you know that I have decided to resign as the New Zealand City Rep as of the 1st August 2002. It?s been fantastic being involved and watching the development of FanForce in particular the New Zealand chapter from the time FanForce first begun a number of years ago. From New Zealand?s humble beginnings with just a couple of members to today where there is a large number from all over the country.
    I feel though it is time for me to move on, as I no longer have the passion or the time to keep going. I?ve totally enjoyed my time helping out wherever I could and I wish the best for the future of the New Zealand chapter.

In the time up to when I leave, I?ll organise a new City Rep for the North Island. Also we may need to get other server space for our banners. I?m happy for it to remain on the SWNZ server but it may be easier in the future if it was held elsewhere.

Any way, thanks heaps for all your help, it?s been greatly appreciated

All the best

Matthew
    SWNZ

2. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
  3. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Thanks for all the time and effort you've put into SWNZ Matthew. I know doing these things take a lot of your time away but for the time you've put in it's been appreciated.

Will you still post occasionally?

I hope so.

Chansplace gone. Darth_Graal came. SWNZ going.

Who will take his place?

WHO WILL LEAD US?!?!?!

Perhaps not the time or place to start nominating, but I'm sure SWNZ will sort out a vote etc soon.

4. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    this sucks swnz, but i guess you have put a lot into this place, you need the rest;)

5. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    may the force be with u

6. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I guess in a lot of ways i've just had enough of doing this, like I said earlier i've lost my passion for it and when your passion goes it's generally time to stand aside and let someone else with the passion keep going.

I'll keep posting and checking in to see what's happening from time to time, I've put too much into it to just completely walk away cold turkey. (May need a few extra coffees in the morning to get me by)

:)

7. farmboynz

farmboynz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2001
    Understand your position SWNZ
    you will be missed

thanks for all the work you have done

8. Darth_Graal

Darth_Graal Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2001
    I'll look into server space, might be able to get work to foot the bill. how much server space is required?

9. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000

Oh, just a few million Gigabytes to store all the movie trailers, game preview movies, etc. :p

Now I'm confuzzled - I thought SWNZ left before?!?!?!? Or was that a different SWNZ??? Or am I seeing double??? ?[face_plain]

10. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Um I left the SWNZ fan club a wee while ago. That was prolly it.

Um yeah, you'll need a couple of terra bytes for the banners. Or about a couple of 100kb whichever is easiest :)

11. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    SWNZ, were you not the co-founder or something of SWNZ?!

So you're giving up Star Wars all together? But not totally giving it up.

Big step. You *must* be a busy lad!

12. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Yeah co-founded the club a couple of years ago, about the same time I started with the FanForce. You could say i've turned a new leaf. Not totally giving up Star Wars, I still love it but just moving on a little I guess.

13. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    thanks for all the hard work you've put in, Matt. I guess that corruption within the forums finally got to ya, huh? don't worry, Graal and the new NI rep need not know about it... :p

As the guy in the swanny says:

"Good on ya mate."

14. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Yea, have a Stellar on me.

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.