main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA My Rogue Squadron Website has been totally blown away... =(

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Tenken, Oct 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    As some of you know I have had a website dedicated to logging the missions and craziness me and my Rogue Squadron have gone through. It hasn't been updated in a while but it was always a source of comfort for me that it was there and to remember the action we've been though doing the impossible... Kinda like how the SFfanforce.com site is for us here. As of two days ago Yahoo/Geocities (where my website was hosted from) decided to end geocities and thus my websites as well. :_|

All the archives for my unit that I don't have back ups for are gone and all my unit's profiles are gone. More over my memorials to Chanel (Rogue Five) and another Rogue, Clair (Rogue Ten) are now also gone... I'm very sad about that in particular because we lost Chanel in October and the Rogues lost Clair in October as well... Losing the RS site as well also in October is just painfully ironic... I also know it was just a couple days ago too because I was looking at Chanel's and Clair's memorials on the 26th...:(

Anyway, I do see this as a chance to rebuild the website at some point especially with all the graphical skill and ability I have now. As well as update the look of it into the new century. Right now though... it's like October is cursed for me and my unit. Wt*...

2. Nebelwerfer

Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 8, 2008
    damn bro... that sux :(

3. Ms_Skywalker

Ms_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 17, 2005
    So sorry dude...

4. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Oh man, you never got the e-mail notices that geocities was going bye bye? Well, you can rebuild but that's a pain. It's always very wise to save your web sites to a hard drive and back up on disks. That's for sure.

5. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I actually do have a lot of it saved... graphics and such. I was thinking of redoing it anyway cos table formatting I used is so outdated... but I still didn't want the old one wiped out. It was like a holocron for our units history as well as tons of pics and such. Poodoo... [face_frustrated]

No, I never got the notices cos I think I linked the site to an e-mail I never use and thus never check... It was an anitspam measure. lol. *sigh*:(

6. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    Dang dude, that sucks. I had the same thing happen to my geocities site a while back for inactivity. And of course I had no backup.

7. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    You are fierfekking kidding me... the F in WT- is censored? omg wth ff... hahahaha....

8. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Sorry to hear that, Ming. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.