main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

My Rough Draft Tarkin Fanfic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Emperor_Billy_Bob, Feb 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Emperor_Billy_Bob Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 9, 2000
    I have always been intrigued by the notion that Tarkin would have used the Death Star to pull a coup against the Emperor. My story is by no means finished but I would like to see what you guys think of it.

Super Weapon

Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin stared at the small moon, Yavin 4, circling its exceptionally large gas giant companion. He laughed inside at the failure of the Rebels, and because soon he would become Emperor.

?Rebel base in range.? The voice over the intercom sounded calm.

?You may fire when ready,? said Tarkin.

?Commence primary ignition.?

The Death Star?s lasers came to sudden, violent life. Green fire lanced out and bit Yavin 4. In an instant the jungle-moon was destroyed, and Tarkin had achieved his goal. The Rebels had had their guts ripped out and strewn on the floor. Now he was free to focus on his own matters. Matters of great importance.

A smile creasing his face, Tarkin retreated silently to his quarters.
    --------
    The celebration aboard the space station lasted well into the night. The people on board believed that the Empire had been finally solidified. They were in for a bit of a surprise.
    --------
    A day later Tarkin sat smugly in his chair, watching over the latest petty argument. This was to be no ordinary meeting. The Death Star was finally going to have to earn its keep.

?There are more Rebels out there just waiting to strike,? screamed General Tagge to Admiral Motti.

?ENOUGH!?

Everyone in the room looked surprised as they turned their head towards the Grand Moff.

?You fools, how can you all think so small? Look at what we have at our disposal, this isn?t a small fleet of Star Destroyers you would use to hunt down some group of smugglers, or put down some insurrection. This is the greatest piece of technology the galaxy has ever produced. If you cannot look beyond blind service to a self-proclaimed ?Emperor? millions of light years away, then you are not worthy of this Death Star.? Tarkin was himself mildly surprised he had said that, not realizing he had had the guts. However, anger at his crew had revealed his true feelings.

?What are you suggesting, your Excellency?? Motti asked. The council?s faces had never really turned back to normal the whole time. His outburst had not been well received.

?Why nothing less than a direct attack on Coruscant and Emperor Palpatine.? Having said that, Tarkin sat back and gauged his High Command?s reaction.

As he predicted it was total anarchy. Every paper on the table flew into the air.

Tarkin raised his hands in an attempt to calm the conference members. It took another minute before he could interest them in further words.

Finally Tarkin yelled loud enough that the officers quieted down some.

?What has Palpatine done for any of you? Why are you so afraid of forcing him out of power? You must realize his xenophobic policies and tyrannical nature endanger him and us. The Emperor?s corruption must be stopped before he forces even more ?rebels? into action. I assure you, as strong as the Empire is, it cannot hold EVERY being in the galaxy under its rule. We must act, or I fear it will be too late,? Tarkin said glancing down at the table, trying to show his concern. Even as the words rolled off his tongue, he smiled to himself. He firmly believed in everything the Emperor stood for, yet he needed to play up the good guy side.

?And what if we don?t agree to your ?liberation??? asked General Tagge.

?I cannot allow you to endanger our mission. Either support me or?,? Tarkin pressed a button on the desk and a large group of stormtroopers charged in.

The seemingly crazy look on the Grand Moff?s face would have crushed lead. ?Now we will go around the table. I hope each and every one of you has the intelligence to choose wisely so that these gentlemen won?t have to indulge their darker side.? He turned to Tagge, his head suggestively leaning towards the troopers. ?So, General, what is your choice??

Tagge nervously adjusted his collar and quickly glanced at the stromtroopers. He had tra

2. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Aug 9, 2000
  3. empress of justice

empress of justice Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2000
    Looks interesting. I don't believe I've seen a fanfic that follows this angle.

Tarkin is well written so far. Keep it up!

4. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Aug 9, 2000
    Wow, interest. Not something I have gotten before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.