main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST My sad reality

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by MyDarkstar, Aug 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MyDarkstar

MyDarkstar Jedi Master star 1

Nov 8, 2014
    I was more than ecstatic when I heard there would be a prequel. Just like I did as a 13yr old on May 25, 1983, I was right there in line on the day EpI was released. I was thoroughly disappointed with all three of the prequels. I won’t re-state all of the reasons why. You know all the reasons. But the one single reason which induced the most negative thoughts from me was the simple feeling that they just did not feel like a Star Wars movie. Because of that, I couldn’t emotionally or mentally connect it with the original trilogy.
    Because of that, the one thing that made me most excited about the sequel trilogy was that it came with the promise that it would “feel” more like a Star Wars movie. From the the non-CGI special effects, to a more similar set and costume design, and of course the returning cast. So, after the lights came up in the theater at the end of EpVII I was thinking “10 times better than any of the prequels …. but it still didn’t feel like a Star Wars movie.” There were just too many elements which felt like they didn’t belong in the same movie franchise as the original trilogy.

I know so many will probably think I’m an idiot because that’s just my opinion of what a Star Wars movie should “feel” like ; and others will tell me I’m simply holding onto my childhood memories so tight that I’m not looking at it all in an objective way. But the truth is that I really wanted to like it. Don’t get me wrong, I thought it was a great flick. But so many of the scenes just felt wrong.

So, I’ve come to the sad reality that for me there never will be another movie which I can truly say “feels” like a Star Wars movie. If this movie didn’t do it nothing will. They had the ideal director, the original cast, Lawrence Kasdan, and they had the right attitude in their methods to make it feel like a Star Wars movie. So if this didn’t do it then nothing is going to. I know others feel this way. But frankly, I think a good deal of fellow old-school fans are in denial of feeling this way. I believe they were so desperate for redemption after the prequels that they are just trying to accept EpVII simply because it was so much better than the prequels.

And that’s my sad reality. I’d be interested to hear everybody’s feelings….

2. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    your an adult. get used to it.

3. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    Each trilogy has had its own flavor, but they all taste like Star Wars to me.

TCF-1138 and thejeditraitor like this.
  4. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.