My Script is completed.

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Corrin_Wyndryder, Apr 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: AdamBertocci
  1. Corrin_Wyndryder Force Ghost

star 4
    Before I say anything more, I need to go over some legal issues.

This script is MINE. I WROTE IT! I have two witnesses who have read it, and can testify in a court of law that it was MY work.
    (Sorry about the rant, but I'm going on a 2 YEAR mission soon, and I don't want to come back and find that my work has been plagerized, you know?)

Anyway, now that that has been said, here is a link to it:

http://www.geocities.com/forcelegacyfans/

Please read and review it.
  2. JediTAC Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Okay - Number One ... Calm Down.
    No one wants to "steal" your script.

Number Two . . .
    The premise of your story bears a strong resemblence to the storyline of the Star Wars books Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising, and The Last Command. And since your FanFilm is based upon the Star Wars Universe - which is, in fact, a creation of George Lucas .... you don't really have to much room to shout about plagerizing or copyright.

Number Three . . . .
    Your story looks interesting and I wish you the best of luck when it comes time for you to start producing it. I'm sure you will have a lot of time during your mission to draw out storyboards and work out shots and direction.

Good beginnings of a website too.

JediTAC

3. Corrin_Wyndryder Force Ghost

star 4
    Yes, I've tried very hard to keep my story cannon with the novels and what-not.

I am calm. I just have several people who have read the script warn me of plagerism, which is why I'm only telling a few people about it.

I hope you enjoy it.

PS: The HTML save option on Microsoft WORD changed all my margins :(

PPS: And as far as my mission goes... I'm not allowed to touch this subject for two whole years.
  4. wixmmm Jedi Master

star 4
    This may be just me here, but what ever.

I am choosing not to read your script, because that would take away alot of the movie from me.

When we imagine something--read something, we see it in it's best form. (I mean really now, if you were reading a new New Jedi Order book, and picturing Starship battles, are you going to see ships magnificantly flying around or action figures tied to strings???) When I thought up my script, I thought that it could be split into 3 parts for 3 movies... I was WAY off... after finishing the first part I realized it just didn't do justice to the movie until I finished it. Now I might just suck at movie making, so be it... but the best of the best ARE the best BECAUSE they can take their visions and realize them.

Why should I expect you to realize my vision?

How do you think Lucas would feel if he finished episode 3... the last movie in his saga that he has spent half his life on... sat back... watched it, and realized it wasn't at all what he imagined it would be? We may love it, but it may not meet his expectations.

That's because he would have seen the movie BEFORE hand... in his mind... in it's absolute best form. We would have seen nothing, therefore, no matter how spoiled we are, we can still enjoy the movie.

I might picture the forest scene in your movie (not that there is one, i wouldn't know, i'm just guessing.) as a vast jungle like Yavin, when really you are filming in a dry forest in Utah. It would really throw me off.

I honestly beleive the reason Duality was such a flawless movie is because they took their vision and they put it on screen. That's what makes people good movie makers... take a look at their script, their storyboards, then look at their movie. Now, I don't know how they pictured it exactly as they were drafting the script, but I sure as hell can understand why people have accused them of drawing the storyboards after filming.

I have zero objection to reading a script AFTER I have seen a movie, but beforehand is just unfair to everyone involved... the viewer, as he will expect much more, and the director, who just CANNOT take EVERYONE'S imagination and make a single movie with it. (that's not to say he can't take parts, which is why you let select people, like your two friends or whoever, read the script... but not your audience)

That's just me though.

CYa
    MIke

Oh, and as for the whole stealing your script thing... I think that is an insult to most of the people here... (while it probably wasn't meant as one) I think we ALL have better things to do than steal someone's script in 2 minutes and then turn around and make a movie that takes 2 years.

When most people commit themselves to the long process that is movie making, they normally will take the time to either write a script, or have someone help them out.

And to threaten to go to court just can't be taken seriously... I was reading on the Lit forums that people are complaining about George not letting Jedi Ghosts be in the NJO series... they thing he is a tyrant and greedy for that alone... we aren't in a position to judge him (we haven't seen episode 3) nor are we in the position to threaten. That's his right, and I think he's deserved it.

2nd Cya
    Mike

EDIT: Out of curiosity... why aren't you aloud to touch the subject? From your description of your 2 year mission I assume you are mormon. Now from what I know from my psuedo mormon friends (the ones who kind of cut corners because of their own beleifs, yet know their religion), you go and do different things for 2 years after high school... before college... for your religion. Now, after a whole day of ringing doorbells and preaching the LDS (assuming that would be your assigned "mission") beleifs, why can't you lay down at night and draw out a few storyboards?

Are you going to tell me that some guy in Salt Lake is going to tell that you cannot work on your little fanfilm for YOUR enjoyment and personal fufillment? Surely no one can expect you to work all day for free, dedicate 20 percent of your
  5. PixelMagic Force Ghost

star 5
    Being a Mormon myself, and being one of the 19 year olds going on his mission in August, I might can shead some light on the subject. When I go on my mission, I will be VERY busy. You get up at 6:30, go preaching, helping out the elderly, and visiting the sick all day. You get home at about 9:00p.m. You then read your scriptures for an hour or so. Then it's off to bed at 10:30. Now, not every day is like this. You have one day a week for yourself. You don't have to do the normal missionary stuff. You CAN draw if you want. I plan to. You'll go nuts if you don't have your own personal time to do what you want. During that day, you usually do your landury for the week, any house keeping chores, and what not. But it's also a day set aside so that you can write letters to your family (or girlfriend who you will miss terribly). I've known several missionaries who draw for fun. BUT, you can't see movies, watch TV, or go hang out for fun for those two years. It's so that you will be fully commited to doing the Lord's work without any worldly distractions. It's so you will be fully commited to doing your duty as a missionary. I hope this had been helpful. And Corrin, shame on you for being so distrusting of fellow brethren. 8-}
  6. John_FC Jedi Knight

star 3
    So you better hurry and get that film finished soon then Pixel!!! Before you go off on your "mission" <- is that for real that title?

john.
  7. Fremen Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yes it is for real John, and to elaborate on wixmmm's long post. ;) If you can't find the right actors who can't act, and then you can't direct them, then when you do watch it the acting is not at all what you expected. So you also have to be able to direct your actors, and find someone who CAN act. And for me thats gonna be a problem, not the dierecting part of course. ;) But the actor or actresses.

;)
    Kyle
  8. Muadibe_D12 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Just tell me where to sign up! are you going to shoot the film soon or later? second question is are you on the east coast? if i can get to you i'll read the script and i'll see what part i could be good at ok.
  9. Fremen Jedi Knight

star 3
    Maudibe, where you live?

;)
    Kyle
  10. Muadibe_D12 Jedi Knight

star 1
    in MA but after may i can travel anywhere since its the end of senior year for me
  11. Corrin_Wyndryder Force Ghost

star 4
    Have any of you actually taken the time to READ my script?

The perpose of my posting it is to get people's creative juices flowing. I've tried several posts before, asking people to volunteer their time for my production. But no one did, so I figured that I'll just go ahead and post my script, seeing if I could get help based on it

I'm a great director, and I've got the whole thing planned out to the last detail.

-Corrin
  12. Muadibe_D12 Jedi Knight

star 1
    i read the first page of it and it seemed good so i'm backing you up all the way so just answer my question from the last post and i'll see what i can do for you
  13. Corrin_Wyndryder Force Ghost

star 4
    Just read the whole script. I'm glad you're interested. I could really use a lot of technical advisors and special effects developers. That would be the bulk of the load. And read it for enjoyment, try not to be distracted by the technical errors.
  14. Muadibe_D12 Jedi Knight

star 1
    well i read alot of it but describe who the characters are. becuase i know i could easily fit the part of we'sel but i wanna know more about carn, and the rest of them
  15. Corrin_Wyndryder Force Ghost

star 4
    Carn is the Hero, and has been already cast. We'Sel is just a cameo, but the cameos will be what make or break this movie.

Anyone who has seen 'The Princess Bride' the cameos determinded the movies success, really.
  16. Muadibe_D12 Jedi Knight

star 1
    can you tell me about the rest like isis and the rest?
  17. Corrin_Wyndryder Force Ghost

star 4
    It is explained in the script that our villian, Emperor Calmir, doesn't believe in One Master; One Apprentice. So he trained many. His four greatest are Isis, Osiris, Kael, and Sett.

Isis is playfully evil. If you've seen The Musketeer, (the new kung fu style one) he's basicly Tim Roth's character.

Osiris is blind, but fights like he isn't. I based him on the blind guy from Ninja Scroll. (An Anime)

Kael is female, and wears a white porciline mask of an expressionless human face. Her Lightsaber is Magenta, while the other's are red.

Sett is an 8 foot tall human with a symbiot skin. Basicly, he's Venom with a Lightsaber. (His Lightsaber is 4 feet long with a 2 foot blade.)

Anyone else?
  18. Muadibe_D12 Jedi Knight

star 1
    AKBAHR seems like the han solo type of the group am i right? if so is that role taken also? i read the whole thing and it is awsome. :) :)
  19. Corrin_Wyndryder Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah, Akbahr and Carn basicly share the same brain cell.

Carn was based on the actor playing him. He's pretty much Anakin Skywalker meets Han Solo, and Akbahr is pretty much Han without the Anakin part.

Everyone there will be a blast to play.

So far only a few rolls are cast:
    Carn
    Corrin (Me!)
    Calmir
    Isis (May be recast if actor is unreliable)
    Osiris
    Sett
    Kael
    Lily
    Trev (May be recast if actor is unreliable)
    Mon Mothma

All and all, including those parts, there are 53 roles available. 31 Characters and 22 chances for extras to shine in the spotlight.
  20. Muadibe_D12 Jedi Knight

star 1
    i want to grab AKBAHR if possible
  21. DarthFoole Jedi Master

star 2
    you have 10 roles cast for a film that you won't be starting for 2 years? if you still have those roles filled when you get back from mission, I'll be very impressed.

not that I'll have filmed anything by then either but hey.
  22. Corrin_Wyndryder Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, ok. You like him that much?

Send me some photos of you. We'll be filming in about 2 and a half years. We'll be filming in the Provo, Utah area.

EDIT:

Well, for one, the Actresses for Lily, Kael, and Mon Mothma, and the actors for Calmir and Trev are all in the Boekweg family, who helped co-write it. I'm playing Corrin, and the other parts were promised, but really, it doesn't mean much
  23. Muadibe_D12 Jedi Knight

star 1
    sure i'll send some of my old class pics and hopefully soon i'll grab a photographer and get some new pictures. but i should be fine since in 2 years i'll be out of school and in college. hmm i'll also be 21 in 2 years very nice. drinking age here i come ! :) just kidding
  24. Muadibe_D12 Jedi Knight

star 1
    i'll see if i can send them through the email but if i can't post your real address just incase i can't ok
  25. Nathan PTH Jedi Master

star 4
    ::blink::

Well, I was going to print it and take it with me to school tonight to read if no one shows, but . . . 184 printed pages? Sorry, ain't happenin'.
Moderators: AdamBertocci
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.