main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

My Shadows of the Empire novel/video game trailer

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by starwarsjunkie7, Jun 15, 2013.

?

Who is your favorite character in Shadows of the Empire?

1. Dash Rendar

66.7%
  2. Prince Xizor

33.3%
  3. Guri

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. starwarsjunkie7

starwarsjunkie7 Jedi Padawan

Jul 16, 2011
    This trailer is how I see the events of the novel Shadows of the Empire using footage from Episodes IV, V and VI as well as the video game released in 1996, when I was four years old. I have loved the Star Wars franchise ever since I was little, so this was a treat to make!
    Sorry about some audio problems, first time using final Cut Pro X and didn't know to upload music in mp3 format rather than AIFF format.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    lol. I can't say Daniel Craig is quite how I pictured Dash Rendar.

I have a pet peeve with videos like that, and that's using clips from the other movies as shots for your trailer. It's distracting and you are fooling no one. =)
    If you need more shots of the Outrider, you could fly it in X-Wing Alliance, IIRC.

Fun project tho. I never had an N64, so I didn't get to play this game.

3. starwarsjunkie7

Jul 16, 2011
    I really just put him in there to make a fun trailer. He doesn't look like Dash Rendar, but he has all the characteristics that could make him a great Dash Rendar character IMO.

What do you mean, fooling no one? That was the point in making this trailer; to use your imagination and think outside of the box with previously used clips and see the book's events rather than the movie we already know. I apologize if it was distracting, but if you've only read the novel, you would know why I would put them there. You just have to know what goes on in the novel, otherwise you won't fully understand what I did.

I haven't played X-Wing Alliance in forever, so I didn't know you could fly that. How neat! Gotta look that up on the YouTube, lol.

4. DarthRicmu

DarthRicmu Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 3, 2005
    I really need to play this game sometime... I never have and never read into it but it seems interesting enough!

I love the old games and the cutscenes they made for them, anyone remember the live action Kyle Katarn? ;)

5. starwarsjunkie7

Jul 16, 2011
    I think so. I really loved Jedi Outcast as well. Best lightsaber gameplay in ANY game, hands down, bar none.

6. SithLordPat

SithLordPat Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2005
    I love SotE. Definitely an interesting mashup.