My short film "En Route"

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by effstops, Jul 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: AdamBertocci
  1. effstops Force Ghost

star 3
    Why hello TFN!

Welp, looks like I come here mainly to post my own stuff. But it's always fun to lurk around and see who's here!

Wanted to let y'all know I've posted my student short "En Route" online.

[image=http://enroute.colinlevy.com/images/EnRoute_cgtalk.png]

Watch the film on YouTube. (7:40 min)
    And our VISUAL EFFECTS BREAKDOWN.

[image=http://enroute.colinlevy.com/images/EnRoute_stillsGrid.png]

I actually started this film in early 2009, so it's been a long time coming. There's a lot I'd do differently, but on the whole I'm pretty pleased with how it's turned out!

The VFX workload for the film was pretty intense. Probably around 15 guys were involved in the vfx. Mainly done in Maya and Nuke, with a little Blender and After Effects. 3D tracking in PFTrack, edit in FCP.

Would love to hear what you think!

--Colin
  2. AdamBertocci Manager

Manager
    star 7
    This is great work, esp. for a student film? and I've seen a crapload of them, I promise you that. I congratulate you.

I am glad you are putting it / have put it in traditional film festivals as well. Too many people these days just abandon their work to the pit of YouTube on the assumption that the free market of clicks will sort it all out.

Rick McCallum loves you!
  3. TrowaGP02a Force Ghost

star 4
    Ohh Colin I always love your cinematography. Frakking great as always!
  4. Green_Ant Jedi Knight

5. burkevader Jedi Knight

star 2
    Amazing...simply amazing...definitely should win some awards...cinematography...acting...writing...editing....SUPERB friend
  6. Ridley Solo Force Ghost

star 4
    Wow. :eek: That's a student film?!?!?! That's professional quality! How brilliant to squeeze such a complex story into such a short time!

Good luck with the film festivals! =D=
  7. effstops Force Ghost

star 3
    Woot!

Thanks so much, guys! I really appreciate it! :D

Yeah, I've actually experienced very little success in the festival circuit so far. That frustration is part of the reason I've decided to finally put it online, hah. YouTube is instant gratification!

But I think maybe I've just been aiming too high in terms of film fests... I haven't given up yet! Hopefully future fests don't mind it's now online. :p

Thanks so much for the comments and encouragement!
  8. -Phi- Force Ghost

star 3
    Bleen thumbs up! Well done. Also congrats on the Pixar residency!
  9. Psilaef_Zeias Jedi Knight

star 1
    "Little success...frustration...encouragement." Cheer up, dude, clearly you're en route to big things. Congratulations. =D=
  10. ElectroFilms Jedi Knight

star 3
    So strange; I was just thinking about this film the other day and was wondering if any members would be contacted by Pixar.
  11. ResisterOfEvil Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Wow, I sure didn't expect something that big when I clicked on the thread! Well done and very impressive!
  12. drewjmore Jedi Master

star 4
    Finally watched, dug it, subscribed to the youtube.
Moderators: AdamBertocci
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.