Saga My son, My heir: From the Journal of Benjamin Lars Kenobi

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lady-Kenobi, May 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Lady-Kenobi Jedi Master

star 3
    This is a prequel to 'Relections on Fatherhood:From the Journal of Benjamin Lars Kenobi'.

My son, My heir: From the Journal of Benjamin Lars Kenobi
    By
    Lady-Kenobi

Summary: Padme? gives birth to Luke and Obi-Wan thinks about the new addition to the Kenobi Family.

Disclaimer: You know the drill. George owns them. Not me. But I still want Obi!

I have just found out from my sister-in-law that the second child my wife gave birth to be a son. I have another son! The thought of having a second son frightens me.

When I was brought to the Jedi Temple I was given the name Obi-Wan. I recently found out that it means ?Chosen One?. Here I thought that Anakin Skywalker was ?The Chosen One?. He is, but he is the ?Bringer of balance to the Force?. I am the ?Slayer of the Sith?.
    Yoda told me, ?Second son your wife bears. Your heir will he be.?

My heir, either Yoda or I will train to become a Jedi. I think I?m up for the challenge, after training Anakin, training this child should be easy.

Anakin, after his Knighting, had accepted the position of Chancellor?s Advisor on Jedi Affairs. I fear the Darkside in him is growing and this position will make it worse. He knew that Padme? was pregnant, but he will not know that she also bore a boy, just a girl.

My son Qui-Gon (or Qui as Padme? and I call him) is now an older brother. In the past few days, he seemed happy, but I don?t know. Maybe I?ll write to my brother Wil on Kertios and see how he dealt with my birth.

My family is far flung in the galaxy. My cousin Owen lives on Tatooine, Wil, of course, lives on Kertios with his wife Alara, and I split my time between Coruscant and Naboo.

I?m so caught up in my thoughts, that I don?t notice that Sola is calling me into my own bedroom, to see my own children.

The room is flooded with sunlight. Padme? looks so serene lying in bed. The births were long and grueling, it was touch and go for a while, but she and the babies were strong.

I go over to our bed and look at my wife. Anakin was right, she is an angel, but she is my angel now, not his.

She opens her eyes to me and murmurs, ?Aren?t they beautiful, Ben??

I kiss her on the forehead and reply, ?Yes, my sweet they are.?

Sola looks at me ?Have the two of you decided on names yet??

I?m dumbfounded, I hadn?t thought of names for the twins. I named Qui, but like any new father I thought I?d let my wife handle it.

My wife, who has been in labor for nearly thirty-six hours, is probably too tired to name the children, but lo and behold I hear her from our bed.

?Leia and Luke? she murmurs, ?Their names are Leia and Luke.?

Force, I love this woman.

I go to the cradles I carved by hand, out of Garnmer wood. I see a small, sweet little baby girl with brown hair like her mother, she yawns and fusses a little. You can be sure when she opens her eyes that they're the same liquid chocolate brown as the woman that gave birth to her.

I touch her cheek and beep her nose and she still fusses. Women.

I look at my legacy, my heir, my second born son, Luke. He too is asleep. He has a cap of ginger-spice colored hair, like me and I?m sure when he opens his eyes that they're the same blue-gray as the man who sired him.

My heir opens his eyes. I swallow a lump in my throat when I see that they are the same blue-gray as mine. I am elated that I fathered such an extraordinary boy. I wonder if he knows who I am?

Sola, Teckla, and Nandi smile at me as I pick Luke up in my arms. Padme? would be elated also, but she?s fast asleep, too tired from the births.

I put my finger near his hand and on instinct he grabs it. What a grip! It?s strong enough to hold a lightsaber!

My blue-gray eyes well with tears, I love my son so much. I can almost imagine his future. Training as a Jedi, becoming a Knight, and hopefully finding happiness with the perfect woman.

Master Yoda has always said, ?Always in motion is the future
  2. AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight

star 5
    it was late last night when i find this posted, but i printed out a copy to read in bed. really sweet, little viggie, lady :D love the twist too on luke and leia. i love your obidala fics, they're soo good.

~aeryn
  3. Lady-Kenobi Jedi Master

star 3
    Why thank you, Aeryn! I just was going to say the same about your Obidala fics!
  4. kasiaskywalker Jedi Youngling

star 3
    GREAT POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. Lady-Kenobi Jedi Master

star 3
    THANK YOU!! This is a prequel to a story that I'm posting on or after Father's Day.
  6. Lady-Kenobi Jedi Master

star 3
    This is a comment on the border for this board. I think it's kind of wonderful you have three generations of Kenobis together(Little Ben, his Dad, Luke, and his Granddad Obi-Wan(Ben)) O.K., I know that's not REALLY how it goes, but look at the story you're reading!
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.