main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

My Spanish teacher: ol' EU fan...

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Quietforce, Mar 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quietforce

Quietforce Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 5, 2001
    Heh heh. Just thought I'd share this odd bit of news here.

I was re-reading Dark Force Rising today in Spanish class, kinda before it really started (I was in there early), and my Spanish professor came up and I was like, "Oh shoot...he's going to ridicule me for liking Star Wars..."

But instead he grabs the thing and goes, "I've read this! Wait, it was awhile ago...this is the one about the guy who likes the weird art, right?" :D

"Yes!"

Turns out he's read a *lot* of EU books, but it was a good while ago so he's forgotten a lot of the...aherm...details about 'em. I told him he should get reading again!

I always knew there was a reason I liked that guy. :D

2. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    What's the guys name?

3. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    Please, a name? I ask cause I had a male Spanish Teacher who was pretty cool, though I've no clue if he was into Star Wars or not. Kinda wondering if this might be him.

4. Quietforce

Quietforce Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 5, 2001
    Sorry for the delay.

His name is Cox, but we just call him Profe.

He's great; probably my favorite teacher this year. And this only gets him more cool points. ;)

5. Mighty_Green_Midget

Mighty_Green_Midget Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 19, 2002
    "the weird guy that likes the art"

LOL!

6. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    Well, glad you have such appreciation for him. Was kinda wondering if you were going to say Dean Fusto. We learned a bit with him, but mostly we had a lot of fun cause he made the class pretty fun.

7. virtualoctopus

virtualoctopus Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2001
    In one of my english classes, my english teacher started comparing elements of Lord of the Flies to Star Wars.

8. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    If he such an EU fan how come he didnt know Thrawn name!

9. Rynobot

Rynobot Jedi Master star 1

Aug 16, 2000
    Dude, he's old school.

10. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    my English teacher is 25 and a SW fan. But she's not into EU. She's the only teacher I have that doesn't think it's weird that I'm obsessed with SW. She doesn't get mad that I read NJO before class starts.

11. Balance_Point

Balance_Point Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    If he such an EU fan how come he didnt know Thrawn name!

Maybe he did, and just didn't want to say so out of fear of looking like an EU geek. :)

12. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Very cool. Its probably better off that none of my teachers were into SW, I probably would have done worse than I already did. :D

13. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    My Calculus teacher is a SW nut, but he knows nothing about the EU. He came into class on Halloween as "Darth Vector", though. :)

14. sithspawnedvong

sithspawnedvong Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 23, 2001
    I had this one student teacher at my schhool that was helping out in the library when he saw one of my NJO books. We got into this big discussion about the EU and then the old head librarian yelled at us.

15. _Tenel_Ka_

_Tenel_Ka_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2001
    it's funny at school, because in History i keep comparing the French revolution and Napolean to Palpantine! and my teacher heard me whispering this to my friend Janelle (who has never seen star wars and merely nods her head understandingly) and he started laughing, saying, "I saw those movies!"

16. HotsForTahiri77

HotsForTahiri77 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 9, 2002
    In my literature course i get in trouble for making analogies to Star Wars

17. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    Eh, I slip in random quotes, but most people don't catch on. If I really wanna unnerve someone, I'll say the following two lines:
    "You may take Captain Solo to Jabba the Hutt after I have Skywalker"
    "He's no good to me dead."

And I'll say it with the vocal mannerisms of Vader and Fett, without missing a beat. I'm real good at accents, mannerisms, impressions, etc. I can do a flawless Boba Fett, and I'm working on Jango Fett (who isn't much different, if you listen to his line in the 'Clone War' trailer. :))

18. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    What about when one of us know a characters name, can say what book their in, who they may have gone out with, and give a description of them, but can't remember the name at that time, chissdude? Her teacher did give a description of Thrawn, but he couldn't remember the name at that time. Besides, she did mention that he said he hadn't read the book in a while. And forgetting Thrawns name isn't that big a deal.

19. NotQuiteSane

NotQuiteSane Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2000
    I am in an Animation class at my high school, and the teacher of that class also teaches the Film class, which I took previously. She's *around* 55 years old, and is one of the coolest teachers I've ever met.

But anyways: In her Film class she shows all 4 Star Wars films, and stops the tapes a couple times to switch between Special Edition and the original versions. If she asks a question like "What are the differences between the two" and my hand is flying through the air, she always says (with that funny teacher smile) "Not you."

She hasn't read any EU as far as I can tell, but she knows those movies like a preacher knows the bible. Needless to say, the tests were easy and she almost didn't let me take them because I already knew everything :-D

20. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    So I guess she didn't grade those tests on a curve then.

21. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    My Spanish teacher: ol' EU fan...

Shouldn't it be "el EU fan" ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.