main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

My Spoiler Free Review

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by stormcloud8, May 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_General_Grievous

The_General_Grievous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2005
    stormcloud8 i have to ask, will i be abel to go watch the movie ten or twenty times and never get bored?

2. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Well I can't answer that one, you'll have to decide for yourself.

I will tell you, though, I've been debating about getting a new flat screen TV for some time now, and I've made up my mind that ROTS DVD will be my excuse for doing it.

3. JediRac

JediRac Jedi Master star 2

Apr 10, 2001
    I know I could see the movie again and not get bored. I'm sure stormcloud could too.

The only thing is for me...because it has so many things that left me...um....disturbed...I would need a day between viewings to get it out of my system.

I just don't know if seeing it again is going to make me more and more enthusiastic each time. I LOVE this movie, but it is an extreme guilty pleasure. Like a whole box of Entenmann's cookies. :p

I would rather watch 1-6 in order than watch individual episodes from now on. GL set it up this way and it is PERFECT. A masterpiece.

4. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    I am jumping out of my chair right now

oh god can it please be Wednesday night already

5. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    Maybe I'm getting carried away, but with the completion of the saga it it time to consider Lucas' place in history. Clearly Star Wars is the greatest piece of fiction created in our time, possibly the greatest in a long time. It has captured the imagination of the public like no movie or book has since I can recall. I think it is a valid debate at this point to consider if the Star Wars Saga elevates Lucas to the level of the greats of history, men like Twain and Shakespeare and Homer. I truly believe that this is a story which will stand the test of time and last well beyond his lifetime. Just as many artistic geniuses are not understood or appreciated in their lifetimes, so has Lucas come under fire of late.

So as you line up on opening night, consider that you may be one of the lucky few people who lived in the lifetime of an artistic giant as his masterpiece was created before your eyes. Imagine being at a first run performance of a Shakespeare play, or reading a copy of The Iliad on a handwritten scroll, or getting a first edition of Adventures of Tom Sawyer the day it came out.

Thanks George!!!!

6. TurnedJedi

TurnedJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 7, 2002
    While I can't really comment on the whole saga for another four days, I agree with that George Lucas have so far done something amazing. Revenge of the Sith could only highten that, and judging from your Storm's and others reviews it's gonna lift the saga to unknown heights.

Anyway, I hope Lucas will one day get the acknowledgement he deserves for what he has created. To compare him to Homer and Shakespeare might be a little much, but who know? Only time will tell!

7. The_General_Grievous

The_General_Grievous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2005
    stormcloud8 i know you said that you where spoiled for ROTS but if you hadent been spoiled would it have changed you opinion of the film in anyway

8. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    I did not THINK that I was spoiled, but the Hyperspace subscription told me too much. Yes, I think that the viewing would have been different, but does not change my view of the film in the end.

9. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    Before I watched it, I thought I was a bit too spoiled.

Once the movie started, I forgot everything I knew. Every once in a while I would think, "I knew that was coming.", that was about it.
    There were definitely some scenes I was expecting, but now, looking back I dont feel like I knew too much. When I would sense something coming up that I knew about, it only added to the excitement.

Having said that, whatever you know now - STOP.
    Dont learn anymore. Save it all for the big screen. Its so close, and well worth the wait.

10. beedubew

beedubew Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    I am absolutely dying. I can't wait.

Bee

11. NorCalBirdz

NorCalBirdz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 28, 2004
    This is going to be the longest three days ever(I know I'm not the only one who's actually counting down to Wednesday as opposed to thursday)

12. JediRac

Apr 10, 2001
    Just saw ANH after my wife was dying to see it after seeing ROTS.

Wow. Just wow.

She looked at me when it was over and said,"I now understand everything!!!" That was the best comment on SW I've heard in a long time. She didn't know much about SW when we first met years ago (only saw ANH and some of ESB) but now she wants to see 1-6 with me as soon as the box set is released.

It made me really happy to see this happen to a non-fan now turned to a fan. And seeing ANH was very interesting because you will all see how it all conects. It's amazing.

13. Kesel

Kesel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 1999
    This is going to be the longest three days ever(I know I'm not the only one who's actually counting down to Wednesday as opposed to thursday)

Man I'm counting down hours at this point. I live on the West Coast so for me it's 95 hours. So a little under four days.

14. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    Very cool Rac! I am glad to know that I am not alone in being totally blown away by the movie. ROTS, that is.

15. Whizkid

Whizkid Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003

Hey Stormcloud, how did the pacing feel? It seems like there are way too many things that need to be covered. My fear is that some of the battle scenes and maybe even duels will feel rushed.

16. jariten

jariten Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2000
    well, only 3 days till we find out. cant you wait that long?!

17. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    It was definitely a LOT to cover. I'm going to have to see it again because I feel like there were plenty of things I missed.

18. Kittles93

Kittles93 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2005
    stormcloud,

what is the consensus in the SA forum from those who have seen it? any others like yourself that had problems with TPM and AOTC and like ROTS? Any ROTS bashers?

19. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    Hard to see, the dark side is...

There are so many trolls and liars over there that it is really hard to get a good impression. From what I can gather, though, the opinions range from "very good/improvement on I + II" to "best SW movie ever."

I don't have any perspective on how people over there usually act, so it is hard to tell. But I have seen very little harsh negativity, and a lot of gushing. People are nitpicking at the flaws (which is OK) but the overall sense seems to be that the film is worth the wait. And without a doubt there are MANY scenes that people are drooling over.

One bit of warning - be prepared for possible brief confusion/depression and letdown immediately after the film ends. Some people (me included) have suffered from it. This is due to:

a) it is a depressing movie
    b) this is the end of Star Wars

I misinterpreted those feelings initially for disappointment in the film, and I was completely wrong. So give yourself a chance afterwards to think about what you saw and put it in the perspective of the entire saga.

20. JediRac

Apr 10, 2001
    Storm is right...there will be a lot of discussion on the saga a few days after the 19th, once the initial shock and sadness wears off.

We'll all have our own theories. I know I have mine. [face_thinking]

For me though, I don't consider this an end. The saga, yes. But SW in general, no. I consider it a new beginning. :)

21. marajadebean

marajadebean Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2005
    Storm and JediRac, I just thought of this as I was talking to my friend who I'm going with on Wednesday.
    OKay, does Hayden being at the end of ROTJ make more sense now? Or will people still quibble about that because I know many were not happy. Thoughts? You can PM me if you guys want to. Thanks!

22. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    I always thought it was OK. All three of the ghosts appeared in their final 'light side' form. Additionally, as Vader himself said, he was no longer Anakin in the OT. So it makes sense that Anakin is the one who appears, at least to me.

So the answer is no, ROTS did not change my view of that, because I was already OK with it.

P.S. After 3 years in this forum using a Palpatine icon, I've switched to Obi-Wan. That's how much this film flipped my opinions of Star Wars!

23. marajadebean

marajadebean Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2005
    Man Storm, I almost didn't recognize you with the Obi avatar. You're totally dissing Uncle Palpy now? heh heh, I'm just kidding. [:D] If this movie is affecting you this way, wow, it's going to affect me a lot to but I soooo welcome it. These movies are everything to me.

I was actually okay with Anakin being in ROTJ as well but I was just curious if ROTS like really cemented that change. Sounds like it did. I know many here consider the original OTs as sacred but this isn't their saga, it's George's and there was no way he wouldn't tinker with them because the PT was inevitably going to change continuity in places.

24. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    Actually, I'm not unhappy with the Palps character at all (quite the opposite), it's just that I used to think the Empire was fun and exciting, now I am actually rooting for the good guys after this film! And yes, that's an opinion that I've had for 20 years that's been changed by two hours of film...

Down with Palpatine!

25. leelee

leelee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2003
    :eek: I can't believe you changed your icon!!!! ROTS really did impact you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.