main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

my star wars 40K project

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by cwquest1, Dec 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cwquest1

cwquest1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 3, 2008
    Hi all, I noticed a topic on here talking about how cool a games workshop star wars game would be so i thought i would start a thread to share my little ongoing project with you.

[image=http://www.galactic-conflict.co.uk/images/battleground_tatooine.jpg]

I had a similar idea about games workshop star wars back in 1997 when the micro machines scale star wars stuff came out so me and a couple of friends set out to make a 40K starwars battle game. We started out with micro echo base troopers & stormies with a few ertl model at-ats and went forward from there.

[image=http://www.galactic-conflict.co.uk/images/myg/mygeeto_02.jpg]

we have been on and off building & developing the game ever since then, now we have a campaign system in place and a clone wars version of the rules which you can download here:

http://www.galactic-conflict.co.uk/images/clone%20wars%20rules%20for%20web.pdf

the rules are quite heavily modified from 40K and in some ways simplified to cater more towards BIG battles with a lot of vehicles, and some purists out there will also notice that some stuff has shields that isn't supposed to have shields in the films/books but for the purpose of the game mechanic they have to be there.

[image=http://www.galactic-conflict.co.uk/images/troops/212th_attack.jpg]

anyway, have a look at my website (its quite basic) and tell me what you think:

www.galactic-conflict.co.uk

2. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Cool pictures. A little foam-core board, spare model kit parts, hot-glue, and random bits with some spray-paint can work wonders.

3. Wylding

Wylding Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 13, 2000
    Wow, very nicely done!

4. cwquest1

Mar 3, 2008
    absolutely hit the nail on the head, and here's a WIP of my jedi temple featuring said foam core board & spare kit parts :)

[image=http://www.galactic-conflict.co.uk/images/temple.jpg]

i need to go back and add some more variation to the colours of my initial run of buildings as they all look pretty much the same. I just wanted to get stuff to a playable standard as fast as i could.

5. cwquest1

Mar 3, 2008
    cheers! :)

6. Wylding

Aug 13, 2000
    It looks like you've put a ton of work into it and I can't help but ask: Have you worked out the rules for the system yet?

7. cwquest1

Mar 3, 2008
    yeah its in my first post as a .pdf link. a few other people have been trying them out too and feedback thus far has been very good.

8. Loupgarou

Loupgarou Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 19, 2010
    WHOA, that's amazing! A lot of work put into it all, the rules even look pretty.

Where did you get those speeders, by thhe way?

9. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    Wow, those are amazing. You're extremely talented. :)

10. Dark_J3dii

Dark_J3dii Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2010
    looks cool

11. Wylding

Aug 13, 2000
    You should consider writing up some miniature rules and creating your own game. Heck, you might even be able to sell it to a big name company. Who knows?

12. cwquest1

Mar 3, 2008
    thanks for the kind words guys. the speeders are titanium series.

i have been mulling over doing agame from the ground up, possibly a halo meets starwars inspired thing (my favourite 2 universes) I been having a look at 3d printing for prototyping some vehicle designs

13. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    You can also try some mold making with resin and silicone. A little clay skulpting for an original or a negative followed up can create nifty stuff. I've been planning on making minis of some of the droids from the WEG droids books.

14. cwquest1

Mar 3, 2008
    sounds cool. one of the things i have been researching is if the 3D printing will be up to producing decent quality figures. im gonna be working in either 20mm or 15mm so detailing may be an issue

15. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    If you have the $, I'm jealous.

16. cwquest1

Mar 3, 2008
    it was actually an article that i read about the falling costs of 3d prototyping that got me thinking about doing this. And obviously doing it with my own intellectual property means i can sell stuff & hopefully make my money back

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.