main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive My SW drawings **UPDATED JAN. 5**

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by DarthShona, May 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I have to agree with FalconFan regarding your latest work. The action and movement going on in it is excellent. You also did an awesome job with the shading in this drawing - especially within the folds of the clothes. That is something I could never get down just right and I really admire your ability to do so. Keep it up! :D

2. Master_Trance

Master_Trance Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2005
    Those pics are awsome good detail

3. Zandoran_Celix

Zandoran_Celix Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
  4. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    Thanks guys! :) :)

Whoa, that's a lot of smileys Zandoran! [face_laugh]

I've made a change in the fried Anakin pic I'm gonna draw. Instead of doing a big close up of his face (or what's left of it...) I'm gonna do the one of him from the ROTS movie guide lying on the operating table while the med droids are working on him! I think that will look much more dramatic.

5. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I really like the duel pic - your use of shading is excellent!

6. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    Thankees! :D

Like I've said before, I wouldn't be able to pull it off if it weren't for tortillions!

7. jedi_john_33

jedi_john_33 Jedi Master star 7

Sep 26, 2003
    just checking in, to say that Shona is teh bestest artist i know :D

keep up the good work!

i still think that anakin/obiwan pencil drawing is your best one ever!

8. OutlawYoda

OutlawYoda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    UP!
    Great work Shona!! :D :D :D as usual!
    So keep up the good work!! *applauds*
    what are your future projects gonna be? :)

9. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    There's a pic of Durge from one of the comics (don't remember which one) where he's stepping on Obi-Wan's head, pushing him down into that mud puddle that I've been planning for quite some time, but haven't got around to doing it yet. :)

10. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    My drawing of post-duel Anakin on the operating table is SO close to being done!!! All I have to do is finish shading the FX-7 droid's arms and it'll finally be done! It is looking great, if I do say so myself!!! :D

11. Cmdr_Gabe_E

Cmdr_Gabe_E Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2003
    OOohhh...REALLY KICKASS WORKS :D! nice and solid shading and tones ;)! my favorites would definitely have to be your "RISE LORD VADER" and "ANI VS. OBI" pic :D! i really love the poses in the ani/obi pic ;)! i can really feel the action and movement emanating from it ;)! and the shading adds a touch of realism to it too :D!!! keep up the good work :D!!!

12. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    Looking forward to seeing it, DarthShona.

13. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    IT'S DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[image=http://www.geocities.com/evilshona84/transformation.jpg]

Now keep in mind, my scanner didn't pick up ALL the detail, but it got about 98% of it lol.

The next one I'm planning to do is the shot of Anakin in the Vader suit, except for the head, and you see the mask coming down on him for the first time, and his eyes are bugged out and he looks scared to death.

14. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    OMG!!! :eek:
    It looks like a black & white photograph of that scene, DarthShona!! I can't believe the intricate detail and perfect proportions you've achieved here--just...beautiful! =D= =D=
    I cannot wait to see the next one! Fabulous job!

FF

15. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    Thanks FalconFan!!! :D :D :D

That droid's arms (the one standing at Anakin's head) were SO HARD to do! They're really hard to see with 2-1B's kind of in the way. Believe it or not, Anakin's body (from the waist-up) was easier to do!

16. JediPwnces

JediPwnces Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    I'm really impressed- your Legolas was painfully cute- you ought to do a series of those, with different characters.
    What really struck me were your Vader pictures- especially the one with him all strapped up. That and the duel- great work! And your latest is fabulous, too. Go get yourself a popsicle or a cookie or something.

17. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    Incredible detail. I feel like I can see every scar and burn...

It's also amazing that you managed to get such rich darks without smudging graphite over your lighter areas. That must have taken great care to keep the image so clean.

Really, really wonderful stuff. I can't wait to see the one with the mask.

18. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    Thanks guys! :)

Go get yourself a popsicle or a cookie or something.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I'm hoping to start on my next drawing over the weekend, since I've FINALLY got some time off from work!

19. OutlawYoda

OutlawYoda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    as usual, good work Shona! I'm very impressed! :) :D
    the detail is done with good care! :) good job!
    can't wait to see your next work!
    :D

20. jedi-master-faran

jedi-master-faran Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2005
    That is so freaking awesome! You got anymore GIF pics I could put on my site? (I sorta stole the sidious moving GIF. lol)

21. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    You got anymore GIF pics I could put on my site? (I sorta stole the sidious moving GIF. lol)

LOL!! Actually, all the SW .gif's I've snagged from the avatar section at the GalacticSenate boards! ;)

I just started working on my next sketch tonight and I'd say it's off to a good start, but it's still too early to tell how it'll come out. :)

22. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Holy crap, Shona! :eek:

I thought your drawings in the past expressed amazing detail - this one blows the others right out of the water. You can really make out all the mechanical details on the droids and the muscle structure you managed to capture on the burned Anakin is truly mind-boggling. Amazing job! Keep it up! =D=

23. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    Thankees!

It, along with ROTS, far exceeded my expectations!

Back to work on my next one! :D

24. Darth_ArsnL

Darth_ArsnL Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2005
    Holy crap your work is awesome! Buddy, I hope you continue to post, or it'l feel like good artwork withdrawl. lol
    -Arsnl

25. Cmdr_Gabe_E

Cmdr_Gabe_E Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2003
    DARTHSHONA :D!!! your most recent work, that of Anakin with the medical droids, ROCK!!! awesome detail, and despite the closeness of the tones/shading to one another in that scene (since it was dark and anakin's body was scarred), you were still able to bring out the details of his scars and the details of the medic droids ;)! very VERY cool! keep up the awesome work ;)!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.