main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive My SW drawings **UPDATED JAN. 5**

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by DarthShona, May 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DkSavior02

DkSavior02 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2004
    fantastic.. not a whole lot I can say about it that hasn't already been said, but I really love it, your detail was very thorough and delicate, keep it up.

2. sith-22

sith-22 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    The Vader and Grievous ones are awesome.

3. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    I know it's already been said, but you truly did some excellent pencil work on all that intricate detail as well as a great job on the shading.

I just flipped through some of your prior work and I just had to comment on just how spooky it was that you were able to capture The Emperor (pg5) so well. It felt as though he was going to pop out of the screen and come after me. Also the smoothness you were able to achieve on General Greivous (pg1) was quite impressive.

- Suz ^_~

4. no_disintegrations

no_disintegrations Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2005
    I agree with Your_Worshipfulness, that picture of Palps on page five is really great. The pencil skills are strong with this one.

5. Moons_of_Iego_angel7

Moons_of_Iego_angel7 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 2, 2005
    Wow u've got real talent!

6. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    Wow, lots of new posts since I was last on. Thanks everybody! :)

After 10 days, I have just finished my latest drawing, Vader getting masked for the first time.

(This is a very poor-quality scan)

[image=http://www.geocities.com/evilshona84/masked.jpg]

7. darshaassant

darshaassant Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2005
    Nice! YOu can see ani's expression of trepidation. The grany effect makes it seem old, like seen from a security vid, so no harm there. :p

8. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    The grany effect makes it seem old, like seen from a security vid, so no harm there.

[face_laugh]!!!! I never thought of that before!!! Good observation!

9. Deyla_Heren

Deyla_Heren Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2005
    Wow! I looked through your drawings, and they're brilliant! I've tried drawing Star Wars stuff... but never will it be as good as this stuff. =D=

10. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    Really, really well done! I love the angle on this, looking down at his face with the mask looming above. He sort of has this 'How did this happen?' expression on his face and almost seems dwarfed by his own suit. Terrific job!

11. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    He sort of has this 'How did this happen?' expression on his face and almost seems dwarfed by his own suit.

I know! That's why I decided to draw that scene. I love how (in the movie) he looked terrified as it was being lowered on his face. Or maybe he saw a mirror right before it was put on.... :p

Does anybody have a fair-sized pic of him screaming "Noooooooooooo"? I might draw that eventually. The only ones I've been able to find are so small and blurry.

EDIT: Up next is an acrylic painting of Sidious kneeling beside Anakin and touching his forehead after he finds (what's left of) him on Mustafar. :)

12. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    OMG, that scene was so horribly sad! And you've captured it perfectly, DarthShona!! The detail and perspective are spot-on perfect here--damn, I wish I could get this sort of accuracy!! **respectfully envies...** Beautiful--just beautiful! I would love to see you do the "NOOOO!" scene...another "blubber-fest" for me in the movie! ;) Hope you can find a photo that provides the detail you need! Can't wait for the next one!

FF

13. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    OMG, that scene was so horribly sad!

Phew, you're telling me!! When I saw that on opening night, I started BAWLING!!!!!!! :D :D :D

I'll do the "Nooooooooo" scene whenever I find a good-res pic of it. :)

14. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    Well, after almost a month of being away from the JC, I've at last completed the painting! :) I finished it tonight, and started it on Wednesday! Palpatine turned out better than I EVER could have hoped for!!! I also put some red glitter paint in the red areas in the lava, and on Anakin's body.

The screen shot I used as a guide was pretty blurry and didn't show a whole lot of details, so there aren't many details in this painting lol. ;)

[image=http://www.geocities.com/evilshona84/live.jpg]

Up next, Vader screaming "Nooooooooo!" :D

15. Tatooine_Fireman

Tatooine_Fireman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2003
    Wow. Just wow, Shona! They look amazing! :cool:
    The one with Anakin being suited up is my favorite. You wonderfully captured his expression, as well as the entire moment.

16. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Hmm...I thought I replied to this. Ah well...

Shona, the details you manage to portray in every single one of your drawings is amazing. Although you claim the drawing of Anakin getting his helmet lowered is blurry, you can still pick out the fine details - from the scars on his face right down to conveying the metallic feel of the armor.

Your recent one of Palps finding a charred Anakin on Mustafar is also really good. I like how you did the lava background. :)

17. wicktone

Dec 30, 2003
    From what I can see of this, it's an amazing painting. I love the poses here, with Palpatine showing a strange, almost paternal tenderness towards Anakin. And the lava is very convincing. I'd love to see a bigger photograph, though. It's a bit hard to make out at this size.

18. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    Thanks!

A bigger pic ye want? A bigger pic ye shall have! (Though it's got a bit of a glare) :)

[image=http://www.geocities.com/evilshona84/live2.jpg]

I admit, this one exceeded my expectations. I don't do a whole lot of painting, and I was pretty nervous when I first started this one. I found it easier NOT to draw in everything (all I had outlined in pencil was Palpy, Anakin, and the ground they're on), and it ended up being less confusing, especially with the lava.

The hardest part about this painting was Anakin. It took a while to get the different colors right, considering he's every color except what he's supposed to be in this scene!

The lava proved to be the easiest, which surprised me! The whole thing took just 2 days (4 1/2 hours total), which was another surprise. I expected it to take much longer.

I love the poses here, with Palpatine showing a strange, almost paternal tenderness towards Anakin.

I know! That's probably the only scene in the entire saga where Palpatine actually seems to CARE about somebody other than himself lol!

19. wicktone

Dec 30, 2003
    Much better, thanks. You can see the detail a lot easier now. I'd love to have that hanging on my wall! I'm sure you must be thrilled with how it turned out.

20. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    I'd love to have that hanging on my wall!

*Sniffle* You're too kind! :_|

:p

I'm sure you must be thrilled with how it turned out.

I am, considering how horrific my previous ROTS painting turned out lol!

Earlier this afternoon, my mom came in my room and saw this one (she's not a SW fan) and said, ".......it's kinda morbid!" [face_laugh]

21. Shackleton

Shackleton Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2004
    Damn, Shona. This the first time I've been in here (actually in this forum period) and I just have to say you've done a magnificent job on all of your drawings. It's nice to see the others that you've completed as opposed to just the ones you posted in the GPS. I especially love the painting you just completed. Like I said, excellent job!! =D= =D= =D= =D=

22. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    It's nice to see the others that you've completed as opposed to just the ones you posted in the GPS.

ROFLMAO x 1138!!!! I'd hardly consider those as artworks (the digitally "Palpatized" pictures, that is)!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] ;)

Just between you and me, the GPS has become so incredibly revolting over the past couple months, I can't even stomach it anymore!!

23. OutlawYoda

OutlawYoda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    great job Shona! as usual! it really is a great piece of work, :D :) :) ^_^
    LOL about the GPS, its so true! >_< [face_laugh]

24. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    Good news everybody! I got my copy of Vader: The Ultimate Guide in the mail today and it has a clear, fair-sized shot of him screaming "NOOOOOOOO!" so I can now get started drawing it! [face_dancing]

25. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    Okay, there's been a slight change of plans. Instead of doing the screaming Vader, I went ahead and did Anakin with Sith eyes.

[image=http://www.geocities.com/evilshona84/sitheyes.jpg]

I know it's not 100% perfect, but I was VERY happy with the outcome---this is one of the rare occassions where I do a face and it actually looks like the person it's supposed to be! (It doesn't show in this pic, but his lips actually have more detail to them.)

Kinda funny because when I first started the actual face and had that one eye outlined (without shading) I thought to myself, "Oh crap, I've ruined it!!" but as I started adding the values to it, I thought, "OMG! This actually looks like his eye!!" :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.