main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN My temp hiatus, state of the website, and new website commitee meetings.

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Mr_Self_Destrukt, Jun 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Mr_Self_Destrukt Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2004
    1st things 1st, I will pretty much be offline for approx 1-2 weeks while the Mrs. get's to "Meet the Destrukt's", get things squared away with moving, unpacking, getting settled in, etc; beginning July 2nd.

Since we seem to be getting newer and more active members as of late I will go ahead and give a current state of the Fan Force as it pertains to our website.

Our website address is www.epicplastic.com/evillejedi.htm . It was decided at our May GM that one possibility was to piggyback our site to my action figure collecting site that I am working on

It allows us a commercial free website that?s free of banners and advertisements. It?s ours to make what we want out of it. It also has forums (PHPbb) that is dedicated to our site. We do not share them with anyone. Cole also mentioned that during the transition from our boards to the new ones we may have downtime that may last a couple of days and he also noted that the transition could happen at anytime.

I have brought up the idea that all members of the E?ville Jedi register with the forums www.epicplastic.com/forums by clicking the ?forums? link and jotting down your username, password, etc so if the boards do go down we will have someplace to fall back on till the transition is complete. I know that WedgesOtherNephew, GeekGoddess, Mrs_Self_Destruct, and myself have already registered. I created a category for us to post in.

During our last General Meeting we discussed a bi-monthly website meeting for the E?ville Jedi website. Basically it?s a think tank for the site where we will go over stories, upcoming events, meetings, etc; that our website will be covering. Plus if we have major events it will be a great way of getting pictures to me or whoever for the site.

TI-9362 suggested a place that had free internet access. I am thinking that Tuesdays are good for everyone. It seemed it was a good day for the Book Club and I would like to have it the Tuesday before the General Meeting so we can discuss our plans with the rest of the Fan Force.

I really want this to be a fun and exciting project that we all can work on.

What do you all think?

2. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Sounds good to me. It will be good to have them scheduled in advance, much like our other meetings. M_S_D will also need to post reminders roughly a week in advance...again like our other meetings. What does everyone else think?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.