main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

My theory on the rise of the Empire

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by drth sidious, Jan 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drth sidious

drth sidious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 24, 1999
    Hi everybody. This is my first post here, so I'm going for a good one. This kinda hit me earlier today, and after thinking about it, I've decided to post it. It is all based on what is known from AOTC and what we know has happened by ANH. First:

Clonetroopers--Stormtroopers
    Acclamator Landing Ships--Star Destroyers
    Jedi Starfighter--TIE Fighter
    Gunship Pilots--TIE Pilots
    Supreme Chancellor Palpatine--Emperor Palpatine

Alright, I believe that it's obvious that the items on the left are from the Republic, and those on the right are of the Empire. Also, it is fairly easy to see how the changes are possible from left to right.

Therefore, I am going with the Republic is going to turn into the Empire, and maybe some part of the Seperatists becoming the Rebel Alliance.

Now, how could this happen? It seems that Dooku has been set up as a kind of pivot point. He (the Seperatists) make a move, and the Republic responds with their army. Now take Dooku out of the picture. What does the Republic do with their wonderful army of clones? Palpatine is then able to station his troops on worlds in order to maintain control, so no further unrest occurs. Suddenly, there are troops stationed all over the galaxy, enforcing Palpatine's laws. Well, this seems like a not-so-subtle way of bringing the Empire into the picture.

Whew, I leave this theory to you for further discussion and dissection, and I'll be looking forward to seeing how close I end up being in 2005.

2. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    I think you are right on the money with that one, mate. Palpatine was brilliantly able to orchestrate a series of events that would allow him to take complete control of the galaxy without raising much suspicion until it was too late.

(BTW: Welcome to 3NS! :))

3. shadesaw

shadesaw Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2003
    WOW!!! I have the same thought.

4. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Umm.... How else would it happen? Of course the Republic turns into the Empire.

5. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    First off, Welcome there drth sidious I hope you find this place to speculate and debate about epiii, and still stay fresh.

I do like your idea that the Republic will turn into the Empire, and here is another for you:
    Senate-Imperial Senate
    Jedi Order - Grand Moffs

However, right now, I do not think that the Separtists will become part of the rebel alliance for the very following reason: Palpatine is then able to station his troops on worlds in order to maintain control, so no further unrest occurs. Suddenly, there are troops stationed all over the galaxy, enforcing Palpatine's laws. You forgot they will also enforce his will. Plus as Obi-Wan noted, Palps is good at playing off the whim of the people. I think he can manipulate the whim, so that the leaders of the Separtists are executed for treason to the Republic, including the Genosians. Now that these systems no longer have a leader, they will be taken over, and it is officially now an Empire. And slowly, probally in between iii & iv, or iii.5, the rest of the systems will be taken over.

6. drth sidious

Jul 24, 1999
    Yea, I guess that does make more sense.

7. Ghost_Jedi

Sep 27, 2003
    Hey drth_sidious cruise over some of the past threads, and you will see that some of the best thoeries are often the sum of other posters. I'm pretty sure that you can add ideas or perspective ot old threads. And besides, Im still willing to change my mind on this until May '05.

8. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Ghost wants to wait till I post before he makes up his mind. [face_laugh] Kidding.

Well come indeed.

Just to add to your theory, another theory myself and others have come up with is that once the Separatists are dealt with, Palps turns the Republic against the Jedi.

The leader of the Separatists was a former Jedi Master, a Jedi Master evidently ordered the Clone Army in secret, Palps will say the Jedi have their own agenda and want to rule the galaxy.

I'm not too sure that the Separatists will directly turn into the Rebel Alliance. Keep in mind that Bail Organa, one of the leaders of the Rebellion, is on the Loyalist Committee in AOTC.

At the same time, many planets obviously have rebellious tendencies and resent the Republic - so it won't be a stretch to see the same planets resenting the Empire to an even greater degree.

9. KaaShamau

KaaShamau Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    I agree with pretty much all of what you guys think, except that the seperatists parties will be completely destroyed (except for that loveable IG-88 ;)) by the time of ANH. I also think that Dooku will be a key figure in the Empire, but behind the scenes with Palps (if that makes sense?).

Oh, I think that the TIEs will evolve from the gunship side pods rather than the fighters, but that's not the point. :p

Apologies if this is redundant or disproven, I've not been following EpIII as close as I'd like.

10. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Well, we're all trying not to follow Episode III, but it's difficult at times. Especially with the leaked footage. :D

Lucas likes to kill off his villains, so I can't see Dooku sticking around.

Either Mace or more likely Anakin is going to put an end to Darth Tyrannus.

Lucas seems to be setting up a possible Throne Room scene a la ROTJ where Anakin kills Dooku, whilst Luke was able to stop himself from killing Vader.

Maybe it's because Dooku doesn't have a mechanical hand. ;)

11. Ghost_Jedi

Sep 27, 2003
    Hey Garth, another day another icon, huh. :p

KaaShamau I don't think that Dooku will live to see the Empire. I think he will already meet his closure by our favorite emotionally unstable teen Jedi.

12. drth sidious

Jul 24, 1999
    Now that I think about it, it does seem unlikely to have the Seperatists become the Rebellion. However, I do believe there is a parallel between the two. Both movements were fighting against a government they felt to have flaws. So while they are not the same entity, they do have some similarities.

13. Ghost_Jedi

Sep 27, 2003
    Thier motives however are completely different:

The Separtists: Are fighting for thier own greed, not wanting to pay tariffs or taxes.

The Rebel Alliance: Are fighting against a repressive gov't.

14. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Hmmm...hard to say, Ghost.

BTW, I think I must be the most ADHD person in this forum - I can never find an icon that I keep for longer than a few days, but so far you're the only one who's commented...or perhaps noticed. 8-}

The Separatist leaders we meet in AOTC all definitely seem corrupt: The TF definitely, the Banking Clan and Techno Union probably, et cetera.

Yet in the Clone Wars (EU) saga, in the comics and Shatterpoint, we have planets joining up with the Separatists because they really are fed up with the Republic - particularly in the Outer Rim colonies where it is difficult to police everything.

As is probably similar to politics in our own world, many people in the GFFA probably join the Confederacy for all of the right reasons - unfortunately, the Confederacy is controlled by all the wrong people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.