main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC My thoughts on the Death of Mace in Episode III

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mordtat, May 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mordtat

Mordtat Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    I think I know who is going to kill Mace in Episode III. Many feel it is going to be Anakin that faces off against Mace. I think it is too cliché to have the good guy become villain to then kill off a character of Mace's caliber. I think the one who will kill Mace will be the Emperor.

The reason why I think it will be the Emperor is because, this entire time he has been in the shadows controlling the puppets. He is about to gain his new apprentice and he is in control of senate and most of the Galaxy. If they use the Emperor like this, we get to see first hand how powerful he is and what he can do. I think that this will be a very cool fight scene to have the Emperor light up Mace like the fourth of July.

I am getting goose bumps just thinking about the possibilities.

2. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    ******SPOILER WARNING*******

there /sigh

Be prepared for some REALLY big goosebumps May 05, my friend. All inside info points to exactly what you said. Seems to be the rumor floating around is that Mace confronts Palpy in his office, Anakin tries to stop him, and either Palpy with Anakin's help or alone takes out Mace. The latest "Before the Helmet" Hyperspace pic. is a shot of Mace "recoiling from a Forcefull blow." This might be our parallel to Return of the Jedi when Luke is faced with the choice of killing his father and going forever to the Dark Side, or having mercy. I think Anakin will make the wrong choice and allow Mace to be killed. I am beginnning to think Mace will disappear instead of his body just lying there.

3. joe-da

joe-da Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    Wow. Thanks for the spoiler warning for our spoiler-free friends, Mordtat... Some folks are going to be pissed.

As for me, and several others at least. We KNOW what happens in Ep III. And anyone who has ever seen the classic trilogy knows the fate of the Jedi Order, but still some get testy.

I don't mind, though. I always want to find out as much as I can.

Look forward to seeing you (and Eddie-Wan, since I noticed he beat me to the post..) in person or in a spoiler-warning thread to discuss...

wampa wampa

4. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Yeah Joe, I am looking forward to some good Ep III talk. Hell its ALL speculation at this point. Even the Hyperspace stuff only gives you bits and pieces for you to kinda come up with your own theories. Now once the movie is actually released I dont want to hear ANYTHING about it until I actually see it. No movies preview shows, nothing. Right now I dont care cause we dont know how much, if any, of this "inside info" is accurate.

5. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    you should do like i did for the special editions and episodes 1&2 go to the theater for the very first showing at midnight so no-one can compleatly spoil the movie for you

it does not hurt that i had preview passes for the special edition trilogy

6. joe-da

joe-da Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    yes, Eddie-Wan... the movie will continue to change up until close to the last minute

and FU, if I may call you that... oh, OK, R2FU, many of us did watch the movies right when they opened...

I took me ex-(fill in the blank) to Ep I at midnight (and we went Ep 1 figure shopping the midnight they were released) and my mom to Ep II for the midnight showing - saw a lot of the future Eastern Rim folks there.

And Riff and FettFan were there when I went looking for Ep II toys at midnight...

7. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    I think Riff is planning a BIG to-do for us involving Ep III. He already has the okay from the theater for us to camp out so we can be the first ones for the opening. Still, if the critics and such get to see it first, I wont read anything about it.

8. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    Yep, indeedyroo! We are going to have us a big shi-bang for Episode III. Its going to be awesome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.