main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp My time at the MoS SW exhibit

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Baron_Soontir_Fel, Mar 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    On March 15 myself and my wife went to the Museum of Science exhibit as an early B day gift from my mom in law (thanks Mama!) :)

We got there pretty early after taking the T in from Haverhill to North station. After a quick hop over from the subway, we strolled in around 8:30 am. The SW exhibit didn't open until 10, so we checked out parts of the museum. Some facinating stuff in there.

Ok, so 10 am hits and we go to the first part of the exhibit which features alot of the props and models from the movies. We got one of those PDA thingies that has some extra content on it and we checked out the various displays. The highlights were the full Vader, Stormtrooper, Snowtrooper, Anakin, Mace, Padme outfits; the rack of blasters and lightsabers, and the full size Luke's landspeeder! The models of the Falcon, Star Destroyer, and other ships were so extremely detailed, they blew me away. They also had alot of interactive displays around robotics which featured a trip inside a sandcrawler and a little presentation featuring 3P0.

Next at around noon we took the quick, and I mean quick, Millennium Falcon ride. It's about 5 minutes tops, and does feature the Falcon cockpit that you can sit in. You also get a Falcon pin that I suppose is worth the 5 bucks. IMO, the ride could have been a bit longer so we could enjoy the feeling of being in the Falcon cockpit a bit more.

Lastly at 2:30 we went to the planetarium to check out the World of Star Wars. Basically a look at all the SW worlds and compares them to planets in our galaxy. About a 45 minute feature, but beware, the seats were comfy and you might be inclined to take a nap!

A few other notes: the SW gift shop is EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE. There are no exclusives for the exhibit (which there should have been), and there really isn't anything there that is going to knock your socks off. Saga figures that you can find at Wally World for 6 bucks go for $12. So unless you REALLY have to have something, by all means buy it but expect to pay through the nose.

Well, that's pretty much it. If you have a chance to catch the rest of the museum, I suggest you do so. Some great stuff in there and I think you'll enjoy yourself!

2. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Hello,

Sounds like you had fun John. I'll give you my review after this Sunday. We're going down for the Fan Club get together day. It should be a good time. Sorry you can't make it. But you know I'll tell you ALL about it. lol :)

SeeYa!
    TK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.