main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends *My Time has Come* Luke's Death/ AU/ Anakin Skywalker's POV

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VadersGirl1, May 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VadersGirl1

VadersGirl1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 2003
    This is my first Beyond the Saga fic. First angst too.
    Hope you like it.
    Title: My Time has Come
    Author: VadersGirl1
    Characters: Streen,Gantoris,Anakin,Mara,Luke,Obi-Wan, Ben Skywalker, Leia, Han and OC(Luke's daughter)

Life was a gift, but so was death. Depending on who it was referring to, Anakin reflected, standing next to his mentor Obi-Wan in the calmness of the Force.

The Force is a gift, he though dreamily, and I misunderstood it. I chose the dark path, and it did forever dominate my destiny, as annoying as the phrase was. It had some truth, and he wished now, in his death, that he could have understood it in life.

He musingly looked around himself, at the coolness of the life of a dead Jedi Master. It was good to him, because it gave him his wonderful angel, Padme.

He looked around at the surroundings of the Force, wonderful and life giving in its lightside, and sinister and angry in the darkside. It had been his choice, and he had chosen. It had been the wrong choice, but he had wanted revenge then, for Padme?s death at the hands of the Jedi.

He grinned at Streen and Gantoris, two of his son?s now deceased apprentices. Gantoris had been the first casualty of his teachings, swayed by the darksider Exar Kun.

Streen had died of grief three years later, grief and the ill-fated moment of coming upon a Sith Lord intent on killing Luke.

Luke, he thought, smiling at the thought of his amazing son. You are so much smarter than me, he thought ruefully. He was certainly a better Jedi Master, and a smarter one at that. His grin widened at the thought of his two grandchildren, Ben and Aleema Skywalker.

Both were wonderful young Jedi, and Ben certainly took after his father and paternal grandfather. Luke was a good father to them, and it showed in the way they adored him.

Anakin wished that he could have been as good of a father to Luke, but it had been impossible, since he had had no idea of Luke?s existence.

Mara walked over to him, and Anakin smiled warmly at his daughter-in-law, glad that she was the mother of those children and the wife of his son. She had died three years ago, at the hands of the Yuzhan Vong named Nom Anor. Her death had been catastrophic to Luke, who had loved her ardently and without reason.

Obi-Wan walked over to Streen, concerned at the old Jedi?s sudden pain, which had also given Mara a headache. Anakin frowned, then gritted his teeth and used a soft whisper of the Force to soothe his headache.

?Somebody is dying,? Obi-Wan said solemnly, ?Streen knows who it is.?

?Who is it, Streen? Is it somebody we know well?? Padme questioned gently.

//Yes, it is.// This thought raced through Anakin?s mind, and he realized that Streen was in enough pain that he wasn?t using his voice, for fear of hurting the others.

?Streen, who is it? We need to know.? Obi-Wan murmured softly to him.

?It is Master Skywalker. I can feel his pain easily, since he was my direct teacher. It?s a battle, and he is losing his life.? Streen said sadly, tears in his eyes.

?Come on, Anakin.?

?Do I really have to witness my son?s death, Obi-Wan?? Anakin said pleadingly and slightly harsh, harsh from sadness and pain.

?He needs to know that we are there for him, Anakin. Especially you, he needs to feel.? Obi-Wan said gently, feeling Anakin?s sadness at the pain of his son.

?All right, I?ll go.? Anakin walked toward Obi-Wan, who gripped his arm reassuringly and tapped into the Force?s limitless abilities.

Anakin sighed, hoping that he wouldn?t cry out or just cry.

?Han!?

That was the first thing that Anakin heard when they appeared near the scene. Leia, his wonderful and strong daughter, was shouting through tears to her husband.

?Han, grab Ben. He?ll try and go after Luke!?

Anakin watched as Han spun around and seized Ben?s arms by the wrists, hanging on even when the young Jedi used his full strength to jump forward and away, trying to break toward his father.

?Leia, hold Aleema firmly, or she?ll try and break away also.? Anakin said quie

2. Master_Vicky

Master_Vicky Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2003
    I... I... wow. That was good (I'd say more but I'm still in shock).

-Vicster

3. Pelly-Welly

Pelly-Welly Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 10, 2004
    :_| So sad. Very good. Just can't say more. Very, very good. *sniffles* On one side: he's finally with his father, wife and friends again, on the other side: he has to leave family behind :_|

4. VadersGirl1

Nov 20, 2003
    Master Vicky:Thank you. [face_blush] It is a pretty deep story, as I was crying when I was writing it! :_| [face_blush]

Pelly-Welly: It is sad. I don't know why I wrote such a sad story, I usually write stories in the The Saga forum. This one just wouldn't go away.

Do you both think I did the characters right?

5. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    At least Luke will be reunited with Mara and finally have a chance to meet his mother.

Felt sorry for Anakin pleading not to have to witness the death of his son, was more poignant after all the praise of Luke?s achievements Anakin had been doing a few minutes before.

I like the fact it took five of them to kill him even with Luke being an aged Jedi Master, for some reason my minds eye saw the sort of old master painting (thinking Titian) where they were painting scenes from Greek mythology being unveiled. Slightly stylised but beautifully composed and dramatic and rich in colour.

6. Shadowlurker

Shadowlurker Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2004
    Great job! Beautifully written.

7. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Wow. That was amazing! :D But so many were dead! :_| :_| Poor Luke! :( Woderfully written. :)

8. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I will not cry...I will not cry...oh crap! Too late!

Seriously, wonderful work! Very sad, but hopeful at the same time. Great job!

9. VadersGirl1

Nov 20, 2003
    Uppers for more readers! I hate updating my own story, but I also have something to say [face_laugh]. THANK YOU for your comments! :D
    I will reply to all of your comments later.

QUESTION: Should I make this the last chapter of an actual story? put your replies on here and I will consider it. [face_plain]

10. Pelly-Welly

Pelly-Welly Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 10, 2004
    I think you did a great job on the characters, and I might like a story, is Anakin going to be in it? :) Just keep writing, and I'm gonna check your other stories aswell!

11. VadersGirl1

Nov 20, 2003
    Here are some comments, in order of replies after the first two. Thank you again for your comments and thoughts on it. I might do a prequel, of what led up to this. Tell me what you think of that idea.

JM: Yeah, it just seemed the right way for him to die, and he is able to see his mother for the first time since his birth. :(

ShadowLurker:Thanks very much. Love people's opinions, especially on a story like this.

Jaina_and_Jag: Thank you. It is sad, having so many of them dead, just doesn't seem right. :(

VaderLVR64: No need to not cry, on a story like this. :D After all, I was crying as I wrote it! [face_laugh] Seriously, thank you for your comments, they mean a lot to me. :)

Pelly-Welly: Yes Anakin would be in it! he would be a major character, even though he is dead :_| Thanks for looking at the others, there might be one that you like! :D

12. MY-T-Chewbacca

MY-T-Chewbacca Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2004
    I'm brand new to these boards, but this was really awesome. Great work, it was a pleasure (although a sad one) to read it.

13. VadersGirl1

Nov 20, 2003
    Thank you CHEWIE for your comments. Glad to have you at the boards! :) Welcome! :D

14. PrinceXizorsDaughter

PrinceXizorsDaughter Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2004
    Wahhhhhh! :_| You usually write happy stories! This is sad! *sniff* UP FOR MORE OF YOU ANGST READERS

15. PrinceXizorsDaughter

PrinceXizorsDaughter Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2004
    Ouch! This is WAY too good to be on this page. Uppers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.