main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends My tiny piece of happiness (fluffy morning vignette, Myn Donos/Kirney Slane, post "Solo Command")

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by -thor-, Aug 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -thor-

-thor- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    My tiny piece of happiness

It's the hour before dawn. I'm awake, but I don't feel like getting up. I never want to leave this bed, never want to this moment to go away.

She's still sleeping, her face a picture of peace. I find myself fascinated by the delicacy of her features: the strong cheekbones, the perfect arch of her eyebrows, her full lips. Her well-shaped mouth is wreathed into a tiny smile. Her breathing is regular and even. I can feel her back rising and falling rhythmically. And she snores a little.

A grin emerges. I've never realized that. How could such a heavenly creature snore? Will wonders ever cease?

I plant a light kiss on top of her auburn hair and tighten my hold on her ever so slightly. She mumbles something, snuggles into me and returns to her slumber.

I wish it could be like this all the time. But it can't ? at least for the moment. When morning comes it will rip us apart again. For how long none of us can say. Weeks, maybe months? Noone knows.

All we get is a few hours. A night, a day and a night, a weekend at best. But it's enough for us. It's better than nothing at all.

She's my reason for living. I've had some serious problems with that in the past. I didn't have a reason to live, just a load of reasons to be [i]functional[/i]. Our path has been bumpy, rocky and steep, but I would gladly walk it again if I had to. She's worth it.

[i]One day[/i], I promise myself, [i]we won't need this charade. One day I won't have to sneak away just to be with her, being wary of spies wherever I go. One day I will tell the whole galaxy what this woman means to me.[/i]

"'S n't mornin', y't," she mumbles into my chest.

"Not yet," I whisper and plant another kiss on her head.

"W't time is 't?"

"Ten to six."

She sighes. "I've got to go at eight." Then I feel her arms tighten around me. "I don't want to go."

"Me neither. I want to stay like this forever."

"How long this time?"

I sigh. "I don't know. We'll ship out with [i]Home One[/i] and Admiral Ackbar for an inspection tour next week. Could be a month or two."

She looks up at me. It's fascinating to read her moods in those green eyes. I could study them for hours. I don't think I could ever tire of her. "So long," she breathes sadly.

"I'll throw myself into work. Don't know any other cure."

She smiles sadly. "There's no cure for that, you know. I'll miss you terribly."

"Same here. But there's one thing that gives me strength."

"What is it?"

"Some long-dead philosopher said: '[i]Everyone needs a tiny piece of happiness for living. Otherwise it's no life.[/i]'" I look into her eyes again. "And you're my piece of happiness."

She smiles. Did the room get brighter all of a sudden? "As you're mine," she adds and pulls me into a deep kiss.

As I feel her lips on mine I know there is something right in this universe. When we part I have to get back to my other life. I've got to be Captain Myn Donos, Rogue 7 and role-model soldier. But I don't care. She's my tiny piece of happiness and that is all that counts.

[hr]

2. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    awww... so wonderful done :D
    really fluffy and sooo sweet

~ Mags ~

3. Jedi_Kassandra

Jedi_Kassandra Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 19, 2006
    Awww, that's so sweet! Tiny piece of happiness *sniffs* so sweet!

~Kass~

4. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
  5. KirneySlane22

KirneySlane22 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2003
    Thor! You're writing again! Yes!!

Great post. You're one of the few that I trust to always get myn/kirney spot on. This one is no exception.

Kirney

6. Jenth_Zere

Jenth_Zere Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2005
    Awww! That was so adorable. [face_love] Well done!

7. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.