main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "My True Home" Blue/Bree. Drabble-ish fics. Complete: 12/08/15.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Aug 11, 2015.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    by Nyota's Heart
    Characters: Bree/Blue.
    Timeframe: Concurrent with "True Blue" and "God of Second Chances"
    Genre: Introspection/mush. :cool: Drabble-ish in length.

Disclaimer: Borrowing with love!

AN: The OCs belong to the amazingly talented divapilot & I just can't help myself; these characters are courageous and lovable to the nth degree, and I wanted to give them tribute-vigs. [face_love]

~~!

Adrift

Bree had felt adrift in university. EVer since she lost her youngest brother, Anakin, she'd felt untethered. She knew her parents and sister and brother loved her. She had hold-parents who doted on her ... but Anakin had been like a twin of the heart, since they were biological twins.

She and her dad - now they'd always been close. Jaina too, but she was closer to Jacen, actually.

Jaina and Leia - well, that was a different story altogether! Jaina was too much like Leia so they butted heads more often than not, although lately they were getting along and drawing closer.

Her Aunt Mara - Bree felt she was a wonderfully snarky and caring mentor and confidante.

She planned her escape with astute attention to detail. She didn't know what the future would bring, but she was ready for a complete change of scene.

+++++

Chyntuck, AzureAngel2 and divapilot like this.
  2. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Yeah baby! Fanfic of my fanfic, and in such capable hands! Oh, Ny, you are amazing. You caught her feelings at the beginning of "True Blue" perfectly. I can't wait to see more!

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  3. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Loved this little glimpse into Bree's relationships with her family at that stage in her life - very sweet!

4. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Liked the thoughts on Anakin being her "twin of the heart." That makes a lot of sense and resonates with Bree's reasons for running away, and with her thoughts on his death in the more recent journals. Nice missing moment here! Look forward to seeing what you do with these drabble-ish things. :)

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    like Bree and her musings

AzureAngel2, Kahara and Nyota's Heart like this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Bree's blood seethed whenever she thought of Wells and his treachery and bullying of Blue. Through everything she had true and wonderful friends like Alta and Zara.

Their warmth and caring had been just what she needed. But they only gave as good as they received, since Bree was as open-hearted as her Uncle Luke and loyal as her father. Her courage and resilience - that was all Leia!

Wonderful and indispensable sources of support gave from Dr. Tawn, Claria, and Lark.

Bree is grateful for their wisdom and empathy and candor. But she shudders still when recollecting those darker days.

Blue had had to make an absolutely incomprehensible choice, but he had made it anyway. Between two incacluably precious lives... Their love had come out stronger on the other side, which was miraculous in and of itself, considering it might not have survived at all.

Their hearts, however, were woven together in unbreakable bonds of mutual love, respect, passion, and trust.

++++++

:)

7. divapilot

Nov 30, 2005
    This sounds so much like her, to reflect on the people who have inspired and guided her along her journey. Some stay, like her family and her Blue, and others come in when their help seems to be needed the most, but all have contributed. Even those who have hurt Bree and her Blue have made her stronger.
    Lovely introspection!@};-

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Woot, some uber!Han loving.

~!

Jaina was always good for a warm sisterly chat, and her Mom was always open to hearing Bree vent. But it is, and will always be, her Dad who can tell it like it is, with warmth, snark, and overflowing love and desire for her to be happy. His candor is appreciated, and the motivation is never, ever lost on Bree, who soaks his words in like a sponge and holds them preciously close as things to live by.

(And he's not getting old, just better), as he will be the first one to tell anyone.

++++++

:) @};-

9. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Han's not getting older, just better. I like it. Just like the Falcon.

10. JadeLotus

Mar 27, 2005
    Aw, I love Bree and Han's relationship!

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    So do I! I love the idea of him having a child he can relate to so closely and her someone she can confide in so easily.

AzureAngel2, divapilot and Kahara like this.
  12. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Now I have to read the fic that this is based off of. :p You write beautifully NH. :)

13. divapilot

Nov 30, 2005
    It's strange, but I have come to really love Han as a character and I've become so much more comfortable writing him because of his relationship with Bree. I think it was Ewok Poet who referred to it as Han and his muggle daughter, and that's so well put.

Bree gets wonderful love and support from her sibs and her mom, but it's Han who understands her best.

Thank you for another beautifully expressed look at this facet of her life! {{hugs}}

14. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Aww, Bree and Han's is one of the most endearing relationships in that series and a great choice for reflecting on here. [face_love] Not older, just better -- yup!

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :* :*

~!

Telling that slemo Moff Ardon off was cathartic and soul-lifting! I am my mother's daughter and my dad's as well. Snark - I come by it honestly. Proud to say! And Jaina - truth be told, snark was part of what drew Jag to her in the first place.

+++++

;) :)

16. divapilot

Nov 30, 2005
    Bree took a big gamble and it paid off! And sisters- they have more in common than they think.

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks. Bree is astonishingly easy to write. [face_love] [face_love]

~!

I have the utmost confidence in Mollari & Rigby. I also feel confident in my own skills and the wonderful tips and practical training I've received from various sources. My Dad and Mom are a terrific blend of diplomacy and pragmatism. But I am nothing if not my father's daughter. I know that I can think fast on my feet and that my parents and Aunt and Uncle have gotten out of seemingly no-win situations and made it look easy - so despite all that, I still have if not a bad feeling - a what-if feeling. Is it cynicism? Realism? Cautious pessimism? I want to see the cup as half-full but ...

It's not as easy as it should be.

++++++

[face_thinking] :eek:

18. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    She is definitely her father's daughter, and I like how you're expanding on Diva's wonderful 'verse!!

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love Bree and her open revelations

AzureAngel2 and divapilot like this.
  20. divapilot

Nov 30, 2005
    It's not as easy as it should be.

It never is when you're a Skysolo! Bree knows she has the very best backup, she's got the skills and the weapons, yet - when you're facing the man who wants you dead and already tried to kill you once before, there's always that fear this time he's gonna make good on his promise. I love that you've captured her feelings here. She can only cover so much up with Solo bravado.

heh heh the divaverse...[face_laugh]

Thank you, Ny, for writing these and expanding on the characters so eloquently! I always look forward to them.

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Bree is one of those characters, like Ayesha, that get into your heart and stay. [face_love] [face_love] And now, woohoo jinkies, I think Valara is another one. (Surrounded by genius OCs). LOL

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Bree was relieved the criminals were in custody and wouldn't pose a threat any longer to herself and those she held dearest. She was lucky, absolutely fortunate, to have come away as unscathed physically as she had. It was satisfying also to know that Jag and Jaina's political situation had been rendered a little firmer, for the moment.

On the transport ride home, to where Blue awaited, she could finally take a deep breath. Her heart felt lighter than it had in a long time: a closed chapter & returning to the one she loved more than life.

++++++

[face_dancing]

[face_dancing]

Chyntuck, Kahara and AzureAngel2 like this.
  23. JadeLotus

Mar 27, 2005
    So very sweet!

24. divapilot

Nov 30, 2005
    Bree was lucky indeed! She's got a lot to think about now. It's truly a closed chapter, and time to return to her man. Nice glimpse here. :)

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Sweet to see her going to her great love Blue