main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "My True Love Gave to Me" (L/M holiday challenge) Day 12

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JadeLotus, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Aww! That whole fic was great. Thanks for posting it.

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  2. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    I want that holomovie set. [face_rofl]

That last gift was lovely. I wish I could have Mara's attitude when it comes to relinquishing control of that. :p

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  3. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

This squee is a placeholder until I can get back and squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee some more!!! ;) [face_love] [:D]

ETA: Moar squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!!!! Oh, I LOVE THIS. I love the gifts. The Preeni Pi outfit!! [face_rofl] [face_mischief] And the Orchid lotion heeeeee [face_mischief] Oh, the movies! Tooo fun. Poor Luke. hahahahaaaa But the best gift of all, the gift of possibility. [face_love] [face_love] The past making way for the future. [face_love] [face_love] As I have said many, many (many) times: I LOVE THIS FIC. Thank you for the wonderful present, lady!!! [:D][:D]

4. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Perfect ending to a wonderful story!

5. Demendora

Demendora Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2010
    sqweee!I knew it!I knew, that the last gift would somehow involve baby!sqwee!

6. ThreadSketch

ThreadSketch Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2013
    SO MUCH META THAT

[​IMG]

AND THEN THINGS GOT REAL AND

[​IMG]

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. *runs into wall*

DUKE AND TARA FO-EVAH. [face_rofl] 8-}[face_laugh]

AzureAngel2 and taramidala like this.
  7. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    Just finished reading. This was a wonderful tale!

I liked that you included one of the original song's gifts (sort of) in the five Xiangke rings -- would love to see more about that system if you're ever in the mood to write it. Sounds fascinating! :)

Liked the real books and Luke's reminiscing about Beru.

Beautiful tribute to Beru's loving care for him over the years.

[face_laugh] I'm sure he did.

The piloting lesson with Jaina was cute, and it made sense that she had noticed Luke was happier now. I like how this precedes the mentorship in the books and shows the beginnings of a bond between Jaina and her aunt.

I agree with everyone who liked this section. Luke does know how to find the perfect gift. :p

Nice to see Lando and Tendra in the party scene.

Liked the final gifts (including the shiny black boots -- got to give him something in his favorite clothing color, after all ;)) and the corny movies. Oh boy. I bet Callista and Akanah are in them. That should be ... umm. Entertaining. Not to mention seeing what dress they put Mara in for the movie-wedding ("minimal is maximal.") [face_laugh]

8. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    An amazing story. This has been such a wonderful story to read. Thank you!

I love, love the ending. The gift of a child. You can't get better than that.

AzureAngel2, Kahara and Nyota's Heart like this.
  9. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    Very good story. but I couldn't stop grinning as I read the titles of the "holodramas". cool that you used some EU books in the story. though which EU books were "Luke Skywalker and the Witches of Dathomir and Luke Skywalker and the Ancient Fear" based off of?

Because I know the title "The Adventures of Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight" was based of the book that came out this past october. Shadows of Mindor was obviously based of the book of the same name (which i haven't read yet which i should.)

I think Love's Union was based of the comic "Union" where Luke and Mara get married.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  10. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005

Thanks!

Thank you!

It must be really weird to watch a holodrama based on your life - but pretty hilarious!

Thank you!

They both know what the other likes ;) Thanks for all of the encouragement and help, I couldn't have done it without you! [:D] This started out as meaningless fun and turned into an exploration of Luke and Mara's early marriage :p

So do I, on both counts! :p

Thanks!

:D I couldn't help myself!

[face_laugh][face_laugh] Indeed!

It's me being very lazy, basically stealing from the Chinese philosophy and five elements and applying it to a star system - but I would like to explore that concept more in the future, if I can find a way to do it.

Thanks! I love Beru.

I think mentoring Jaina was very important to both of them, and wanted to include a little glimpse of the beginning here.

I agree with everyone who liked this section. Luke does know how to find the perfect gift. :p

Nice to see Lando and Tendra in the party scene.[/quote]

I love Lando and Tendra, I wish there was more fic with them!

[face_laugh] I bet it was even crazier!

Thank you! I think that would be one of the big things for Mara to overcome, but once she's made up her mind, she realises that it is what she wants after all.

Thanks - you're right! The Witches of Dathomir is based on The Courtship of Princess Leia and The Ancient Fear is a nod to the rumored Ep VII name and the Jedi Academy triloy (since it seemed a suitably dramatic way to refer to Exar Kun)

A/N: For those who are interested, I have posted "bonus" material with strong NC-17 content on A03 for Days 4, 7, 8 and 10.

Kahara and AzureAngel2 like this.
  11. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    That was simply amazing. I loved every minute of it? And id be interested in the bonus!

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  12. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    This was absolutely amazing - the gifts and all the story that ties it all together -- awesome!!! And her last gift was precious.!!

Nyota's Heart likes this.