main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Madison, WI My Two Credsticks Worth...

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by ToxicNed, Aug 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    Okay, I just got back from the second meeting and it was myself, Rick_Sith, and his wife, whose nick on the board I cannot recall for the life of me... But meeting number two is a success... Barely.

But I must say I am getting pretty frustrated with the response that we are getting thus far. Well, saying that I'm frustrated is an understatement; what I would like to say can't and shouldn't be typed here since it's a forum for all ages.

Rick_Sith is doing a great job in getting ideas going. I'm also doing some work in getting things started. You know what else I see? That there is no one else that is doing anything to help this group get off the ground. I have only seen five people attend events that we've had: Myself, Rick_Sith, his wife, MiladyJ and jedihexer.

We got complaints about the location of the first meeting, so it was moved to the East side to help those get to the meeting. Guess what... The one who quite vocally wanted it on the East side so they could make it didn't show. Rides are offered for those who aren't able to get to the meeting, but they're not accepted. Rick has been rather accomodating to offer rides to those that need them, and I offer the same. No one has accepted. We got a complaint about the timing for the second meeting, so you have at least 3 weeks to let us know if it works. THREE WEEKS!!! That's 21 days! Let us know if it works for you. Let us know if you need a ride. Give your opinions and suggestions! Say something, because if you don't and you don't show up, it sure as hell is not our fault.

Now we have a third meeting that is coming up. Rick and I discussed it and we're thinking about mid-September for this. Let us know if this works. I have faith that we can get this off the ground, but we need commitment from you all. If I show up at the third meeting and only count the people that have made efforts to show up thus far, I move for disbanding the group and joining the Milwookie Council. I have little time as it is between work, school and a meager attempt at a social life; I don't have time to waste it on people who share my pleasures in Star Wars and have no support for a group outside of posting on a board.

In closing, all I have to say is this: The ultimate plans for a FanForce group rests upon the rest of you in the Madison area and its surrounding communities. Make your decision; either poop or get off the toilet.

:end rant

2. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    Well, that about says it all.

Attendance is of the utmost importance to just form the FanForce for Madison. No attendance, means no FanForce. Prety simple, huh?

I for one would very much like to have fun with a GROUP of Star Wars Fans. If I can't find that group in Madison, I'll have to go elsewhere.

Definition: Group - More than 5 people, objects, things, etc. (in this case, Star Wars Fans).

I'll post what dates are bad for me in September, since I do have some personal events to attend to. But my post will be in the "Suggestions" thread for the 3rd meeting, so look there.

ToxicNed is giving you people free reign to pick a place and time. So take advantage of it.

3. ROGUE_NINER

ROGUE_NINER Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2002
    The 15th and 16th of Sept. are bad Of course I can be found at MATC Monday-Friday

4. Kylash_327

Kylash_327 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2002
    I'm there Monday through Thursday ^_^

5. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    We've probley seen each other and not known it

6. Starra

Starra Jedi Youngling

Sep 1, 2002
    They have lots of really cute dogs there.

7. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    MATC?
    You talking about the adoption program

8. yoda_boba

yoda_boba Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    Sorry guys, with football starting and school underway, Im quite busy...plus there's my band, ill do what i can to make a meeting...i really feel bad, sorry again, guys...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.