main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

My Wal-Mart has NO selection! Where can I get the new stuff?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by VaderDarkLordofSith, Mar 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderDarkLordofSith

VaderDarkLordofSith Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2003
    I cant find any new action figures, veihcles, unleashed figures, 12" figures, legos or anything new! I don't live in the middle of nowhere! I live in one of the top 5 largest cities in the US!

Wal-Mart= newest figres are pilot Jango. No new ones!

K-Mart=Closing down. Nothing(literally).

Target=Crap. Old figures.

KB toys= more crap. Nothing worth my while.

THe only thing I have gotten recently was the Lego Minis. Where did all the figures go?!?!?!?!?!?!?

2. Silac5

Silac5 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2001
    I've turned to EntertainmentEarth.com and ToyManiacs.com.

3. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    Persistance, that's the ticket. I know what you mean about bare shelves. Nothing but Padme Pilot figures warming the shelves where I live. I was getting so deperate, but finally found a few new ones.

The new Tusken Raider, and Padme Droid Factory Chase were just sitting there at the new Wal-Mart. :eek:

Don't give up. Keep looking.

4. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    I've found that his year the key thing is patience and persistence.

I check Wal-Marts fairly frequently (probably too frequently) and while I usually just see the same old stuff I've managed to find a lot of new things as well...they just show up in small amounts and disappear in a few days or a week.

So far here's what I've picked up at Wal-Mart this year (some are '02 figs that never made ir here until this year):

Destroyer Droid
    Pilot Clonetrooper
    Watto
    Jedi Council Yoda
    Rebel Trooper
    Imperial Officer
    Eeth Koth
    Teebo
    Factory Chase Padme
    Analysis Droids
    Tusken Raider
    Action Fleet Republic Gunship
    Action Fleet Republic Assault Ship
    Action Fleet Slave 1

In many cases I only saw one or two of each toy when I picked up mine. Then a few weeks later the same wave will show up at another Wal-Mart, and disappear for a bit again. Eventually some the late '02 and POTJ repacks arrived in enough stock to stay on the shelves a bit.

I'm guessing this will continue. Until the Clone Wars line arrives I expect to spend more time hunting than finding, with the waves showing up and disappearing pretty quick. It's frustrating, yes, but when you stumble across a new wave and pick up four figures or so in a day it's a nice surprise.

5. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    I've found everything at Targets here in Dallas. You'll have to just be patient, even though it sucks. I just saw my first Clone biker about a week ago, but I did see one.

6. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    Yeah, my WalMart and Target are usually impacted with old crap, but every once in a while I find a gem among the tailings, like that KI-Adi-Mundi I found awhile ago. ToysRUs has rows of Plo Koons and K-Mart has absolutely nothing. Still no 2003 stuff anywhere, Il hafta keep looking.

7. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    The only thing "new" that I have gotten recently was 2 clone pilots. I have yet to see any new 2003 stuff yet. I have checked every Walmart in my area at least once a week and my local Walmart at least 2 to 3 times a week. Still nothing. :(

8. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    I'm afraid I'll be using Ebay lot in the near future. Considering how things have been I don't anticipate any restocks until the clone wars line or at least a long while.

9. The_Kamino_Cloner

The_Kamino_Cloner Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2003
    I'd have to agree with everyone here. Be patient. I found an Obi-Wan Acklay Battle and Darth Tyranus Geonosian Escape at my Wal-Mart. So just be patient and you will find what you?re looking for.

10. _Xanatos_

_Xanatos_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2003
    Use the force

11. Ret

Dec 17, 1999
    "I'd have to agree with everyone here. Be patient. I found an Obi-Wan Acklay Battle and Darth Tyranus Geonosian Escape at my Wal-Mart. "

Hey that's the only ones I found too.

12. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    I wish I could find Obi-Wan and Tyranus :(

But then again I have the head-choppy Tusken, Padme, and the Droids ;)

13. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    My patience paid off!

I found Lama Su and clone child, Fleet Trooper, Padme droid factory, Analysis Droids, and Headless Tusken.

I also spotted Yoda Jedi Council but he's one of the first figures I passed on. It's just the same TPM Yoda with the same chair and a lightsabre. Why doesn't he have his cane?

14. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    I could easily order the figures online in full cases, but I prefer hunting for them. That's what its all about, hunting for the figures. There's no fun in ordering them unless they aren't being produced anymore and you know you ain't gonna find them again. But anyhow, I have found the first Collection I & II waves for 2003, but that's the newest.

15. Ret

Dec 17, 1999
    "I also spotted Yoda Jedi Council but he's one of the first figures I passed on. It's just the same TPM Yoda with the same chair and a lightsabre. Why doesn't he have his cane? "

Well thefirst version just came with the chair.

And hunting isfun if you eventually find something. Otherwise it's a waste.

16. JediOverlord

JediOverlord Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2000
    Something tells me there must be an embargo on new SW toys in Michigan,becuase I can't find anything to save my life. My hometown Wal-Mart is backlogged with '02 figs like Royal Guards and Cantina guys. I've been going to Grand Rapids and Muskegon frequently,and they don't have anything,not even those Jedi library droids. I'd be happy to even see those,at least I'd know new stuff is getting out there. My hometown Wal-Mart could at least mark down the regular figs like they did with the Preview Zam Wessel and R3-T7s to get rid of them,but they don't seem to give a darn.

17. Darth_Stove

Darth_Stove Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    I heard Brians Toys is good [face_plain]

Seriously though, it took about 3 months for me to see anything new here in Oregon but within the past month I have seen newer figures. Including:

Amidala-Factory Chase
    Tusken Raider- Ambush
    Eeth Koth
    Teebo
    Imperial Officer
    Lama Su
    Rebel Trooper
    Library Droid 2 Pack

Just keep looking and try to go as early as possible since most stores stock overnight. If you know of certain scalpers that frequent the stores, try to get there as soon as the stores open to beat the scalpers to the punch...I use the doors near the Flower section which is closer to the toys!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.