main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

My wedding dress...

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Benae_Quee, Feb 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    I've just recently gotten engaged and would thought 'How cool would it be to have a SW wedding?'. Unfortunately I don't have the time (or patience) to make my dress :( I want Padme's wedding dress, or a white version of the picnic dress :) I was wondering who/where you (fellow fans) would reccomend to go about getting this dream dress? I want someone that knows instantly what I'm talking about (not your typical tailor) as far as the dress goes. Please help, anything would be great.

edit: Creating threads with the sole intent to ask where one can find an unlicensed solicitor only encourages the possibility that a link to one will be provided or a solicitation will be made. Both of which are against forum rules. And so, these types of threads are not a good idea. Please keep these types of inquiries to private messages.

2. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    Congratulations Benae_Queen! How beautiful...an Star Wars wedding dress! :) Did you want your veil to be like the Padme wedding dress or did you want a more traditional one over the top? There are a lot of people here who are fantastic at costuming so you'll get a lot of help...I'm not that great at it but I just had to say a big Congrats! :)

3. JainaMSolo

JainaMSolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2001
    The person who immediately comes to mind is Ferdalump (her website is ferdalump.com); I don't know if there are other posters on this board who regularly sew costumes for others...

Congratulations, by the way. I'm getting married in October, but my fiancé and I decided early on that we'd have "normal" outfits for the wedding. The rehearsal will be in costume, though. :)

Caitlin

4. MiraxTHorn

MiraxTHorn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2000
    Congrats to Benae and JainaM! I'm in the club, too. :)

I'm getting married in June and I'm sewing my own dress. I've got some Padme Picnic Dress inspired ideas for it, but I haven't completely settled on which ones to use. No complete SW wedding for me either - only a few personal touches here and there. ;)

Good luck finding a seamstress, Benae!

Regards,
    M.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.